What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

pimax 5k plus and pimax 8k

Per Oqvist

Reaction score
Curious if anybody here got one or both of these vr headsets.
Comprehensive test here

Is it possible to run endurance races in rFactor 2 with acceptable performance as in no stutter and on what hardware if so is the question.

I have pimax 8k.

And you can with rfactor 2 without problems in my computer.

Which is true ... It's powerful

Last edited:
I have pimax 8k.

And you can with rfactor 2 without problems in my computer.

Which is true ... It's powerful
Thanks. What is your computer specifications? What fps at some particular track did you manage to run and at which fov mode? Hope my English isnt to challenging :)

i am also curios :)
right now i am running an oculus rift with an i7 4770k (4.5ghz) and an RTX 2080 TI.
Is it worth to sell the oculus and get the primax ?

Cheers

Went from OR to the Pimax 5k+.

Ran using a watercooled OC'd GTX980 for a couple of months, including a few VEC races. FPS was okay with brainwarp enabled and near min settings. In single player mode, can up the res and settings.

Then upgraded to watetcooled OC'd 1080ti. It is now CPU bottlenecked (@ 4.6ghz) running very high settings and BW at 45FPS. Feels great, smooth as butter, other than the well documented stutters when drivers join and leave a server...but that has seemingly nothing to so with the GPU.

Anyway, highly recommended. I actually run with min FOV but doesn't bother me as its so much visual real estate anyway.

Only 'complaint' is AA but think I'm comparing to iR which (with all its other negatives), seems nicer to look at....and again that has nothing to do with the GPU nor HMD.

You are not able to run the higher fov settings? Due to performance or to much artifacts? How big is the fov on the lowest setting?
I am not sure about 45 fps. I have only experience with that in Assetto Corsa in the Rift and it´s not very pleasant but maybe they have some better version of it now. That was a while ago.

Got it yesterday despite asking for refund. Spend the morning trying to get rFactor 2 working. No problems initially after I discovered I can´t run this headset at 90 hz 72 hz is max.
I felt the image was rather flat though but disable parallax projections did help. Large had just to much distortion and small appeared to give the best image quality but normal may be worth it.

But then something broke and I now get double images and I just can´t find any way around it. It´s something with the pimax software it´s not just rFactor 2 it does this.