What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Opponents volume

Riccardo Corazzari

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Hi all. When I drive from the cockpit I almost can't hear opponents engine noise. Of course in my sound settings the relative value is already maxed.
I was looking into the player.json and found: "Other Volume Ratio":1, "Other Volume Ratio#":"Additional volume multiplier for other vehicles"
Could that be useful, if set for example 1.1 or more? Is there a known way to solve this issue? Thank you!

Luis Carreiro

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
you have every sound volume in game settings maxed?? i cant run them above 20% on my headset… dont you have some soundcard settings too low?

Riccardo Corazzari

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Nope Luis, before latest builds/mods updates everything was running perfectly so i assume is something fully rfactor-related

Luis Carreiro

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
seems strange Riccardo… would bet it something Windows ou hardware related and not rfactor related cause if it where rfactor related probably there would be some more people asking about that since last updates and build.

Gustavo da Silva

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
I can relate, happened with me in previous builds, this one its low, but more audible then before

James Andrew

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
I drove on Saturday with headphones and I do remember having to turn up the headset volume. Today I went offline and was driving with the desktop speakers and the volume on everything seemed so quiet. Barely hear my own engine. YouTube etc all plays at correct volumes.. Just went into my Windows volume mixer and saw rF2 set to a much lower volume than other stuff. Pretty sure I didn't do that.

If I did, certainly not recently.

Riccardo Corazzari

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I drove on Saturday with headphones and I do remember having to turn up the headset volume. Today I went offline and was driving with the desktop speakers and the volume on everything seemed so quiet. Barely hear my own engine. YouTube etc all plays at correct volumes.. Just went into my Windows volume mixer and saw rF2 set to a much lower volume than other stuff. Pretty sure I didn't do that.

If I did, certainly not recently.
i'll doublecheck