What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

No cars to select when joining

Bram Beelen

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Once in a while i cant select any cars when joining the server. I had to unsubscribe to the workshop and subscribe again.

Last time i had to unsubsribe the cars form the steam inventory and the workshop. And after trying all kind of different orders of doing that somehow i succeeded.

Now i cant seem to be able to get in to the server no matter what i do.. and i can tell you it is frustrating to be trying for 2 nights in a row looking at the same downloads and making no progress..
What is the only working order of doing this? And why does this happen once in a while?

Thanks for the help in advance..

Ryan Walker

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Try closing Steam then opening it again as I had the same problem and closing it and opening it again solved it for me.

Alessio Feletto

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I solve the issue unsubscribing the "Endurance Pack" with the rF2 Launcher closed and then open rF2 again, it will download the 5 cars and you'll be able to drive again. Hope it helps

Last edited:

Jos Araneda

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Same here.
Yesterday i was able to practice without any issues after the update, but today ive only been able to practice off line and only with a default car, because there are only 5 VEC Porsches available in the car menu.
I have unsubscribed and re-suscribed 3 times today and the problem remains the same.

Attachments

Bram Beelen

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Thanks Shawn i got it working again, just read your post but that was indeed what i did at some point appearently.

Cheers for the help

JM Cardenas Arnedo

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Today rFactor2 has stopped working for me. I get to enter the server but it does not load the cars. The program remains blocked.

I followed all the instructions, even uninstalled and reinstalled. But I always end the same.

Yesterday I worked perfectly

Attachments

Today rFactor2 has stopped working for me. I get to enter the server but it does not load the cars. The program remains blocked.

I followed all the instructions, even uninstalled and reinstalled. But I always end the same.

Yesterday I worked perfectly
Are you sure you are not joining as spectator - then it looks like that if the server is empty

JM Cardenas Arnedo

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Proven that he was not as a spectator at any time. I even changed it a couple of times to see if changing that parameter was resolved. But I could not get in as a pilot or as a spectator.

I have solved it. I have completely uninstalled rfator and deleted all the data. After reinstalling the program I managed to make everything work. I backed up my data before to restore it.

It is a strange thing that has happened. By the way there were people inside and they saw that I was entering

I take this opportunity to wish you ... HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

And that we continue enjoying the races in 2019.

Michel Gulpen

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Proven that he was not as a spectator at any time. I even changed it a couple of times to see if changing that parameter was resolved. But I could not get in as a pilot or as a spectator.

I have solved it. I have completely uninstalled rfator and deleted all the data. After reinstalling the program I managed to make everything work. I backed up my data before to restore it.

It is a strange thing that has happened. By the way there were people inside and they saw that I was entering

I take this opportunity to wish you ... HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

And that we continue enjoying the races in 2019.

Could be something in regards to the latest rf2 build as the new challenger (gt3) pack was released. I had the same due to some plugins that were not supported at the moment as of the latest build. Hopefully it is fixed for the next race because i'm not able to utilize Motec at the moment (if someone has a working plugin could you please share? )