What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Nitor Velox Academy Presents : How to build a Base

Dennis Lind

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First off I would like to welcome you all to SRC, I hope that we get to have some awesome races together in the future!

I made a small video for you guys, running around Sebring in the awesome Nissan GTR-GT1.
It's around 50 minutes long, full of crucial setup information, and a fair amount of talking on how to get to grips with your setup!
I hope you'll enjoy :)

Hey Guys,

First off I would like to welcome you all to SRC, I hope that we get to have some awesome races together in the future!

I made a small video for you guys, running around Sebring in the awesome Nissan GTR-GT1.
It's around 50 minutes long, full of crucial setup information, and a fair amount of talking on how to get to grips with your setup!

I find this video interesting and sad at the same time. Mostly sad, definitely. In 40 minutes you managed to get a better laptime than the pole during the SRCA race (if i remember correctly). The way you worked on the setup is something i will keep in mind for the future and you ended up with a completely different setup from mine. You had way more downforce and softer springs and i think you were able to brake quite late compared to me because of them.

Hey Guys,

That's a great video, thanks for sharing with us ;);)

Hey guys!

I will make a guide here before midday for the coming event in the GT4.
Great videos. Thank you ! Two questions. 1) in the sebring video why did you go minimum tyre pressures?I seem to benefit from this in rf2 but aren't we reducing contact patch and therefore reducing max grip ? 2) in same video you reduce slow bump on rear . Isn't the slow rebound on the front meant to be reduced in tandem (uniformly) with this?
Thanks again!

Great videos. Thank you ! Two questions. 1) in the sebring video why did you go minimum tyre pressures?I seem to benefit from this in rf2 but aren't we reducing contact patch and therefore reducing max grip ? 2) in same video you reduce slow bump on rear . Isn't the slow rebound on the front meant to be reduced in tandem (uniformly) with this?
Thanks again!

Hi Andrew,
Thank you so much!
I will try to answer you as good as possible.

1) No, by taking out pressure, you are actually making a bigger contact patch, as tyres don’t per say “Fold in” in the simulator yet, you gain a lot from this, I’ve tested it, and it’s pretty much impossible to have the two outside layers becoming hotter than the middle layer, however, if this was the case, you are correct.

2) If your setup filosophy is always to make amplifying changes fx. Reduce bump rear, reduce rebound front, you always end with double results and quite overwhelming results; at sebring fx, if your front rebound is too soft, you suffer from exit understeer in T1, T15,16,17 and 18.
By only changing the rear bump, you keep the front sort of in the same position.
With less rebound, you allow more travel and thus loss of front COG and Downforce.

Hope this explained it for you :)

Hi Andrew,
Thank you so much!
I will try to answer you as good as possible.

1) No, by taking out pressure, you are actually making a bigger contact patch, as tyres don’t per say “Fold in” in the simulator yet, you gain a lot from this, I’ve tested it, and it’s pretty much impossible to have the two outside layers becoming hotter than the middle layer, however, if this was the case, you are correct.

2) If your setup filosophy is always to make amplifying changes fx. Reduce bump rear, reduce rebound front, you always end with double results and quite overwhelming results; at sebring fx, if your front rebound is too soft, you suffer from exit understeer in T1, T15,16,17 and 18.
By only changing the rear bump, you keep the front sort of in the same position.
With less rebound, you allow more travel and thus loss of front COG and Downforce.

Hope this explained it for you :)
This is a great explanation and will change my setup routine . With the bump rebound settings I watche'd an explanation of the simpit from a long time ago and they did rebound and bump uniformally . So now your approach will allow more precision. Also the tyre thing fits.I've generally found that reducing tyre pressures in most sims help find grip but a previous teammate suggest raising pressures for the previous reason I mentioned.

I wonder what your take on cambers is In rfactor 2 . I've used motec to balance tyre temperatures through camber and pressure changes .eg extreme high Temps on inside of tyre, reduce negative camber . However whilst motec says the Temps across the tyre are then more balanced and theoretically better, (eg only x amount more on inside) the car doesn't feel as good . I often find that more negative camber is better without hurting tyre wear too much. Do you find this or is this purely me?

Interesting that your aero settings sebring were much like mine for testing as we're your coast setting but my power was much higher probably because my throttle control was poor compared to yours. Thus I created more understeer in the end.poor throttle control plus sluggish car was a double whammy.

One final thing. As txl racing boss (kind of on vacation ) I notice our former driver joakim is with you. I seriously think you should give some training to another txl guy. ..^ matteo carruso ^ up there . Very fast guy and is just desperate to learn more about setup. I believe he set pole in the two srca races he's been in ...set pole for us in the rdlms. World record holder in assetto corsa and a good guy. If you train him up he will be a real asset ;-)
Cheera Denis!