What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Newbies From SA

Jonathan Paul

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

A few of us from SimRaceSA have recently signed up here to follow in our fearless leader Jason Holden Jones footsteps.

We have all got onto Rfactor2 and actually had our first practice session tonight.

Im trying to understand the make up here and what needs to be done to be involved.

I understand that we need to sign up for the academy first, am I right in saying there will only be 40 spaces and the next sign up will be 7th November. I pressume its first come first served basis?

Would be intrested to know what else we can do to get practising.

If we manage to get 1 of the 40 sports will the two academy races be Indianapolis and Nola? and both 90 minute races.

Does Qualy for the race happen on the day etc? and are there 40 peple in each of the races?

What happens post the academy races, can we then try and join teams for various events, can we create our own teams?

Hopefully some of you want mind pointing us in the right direction.

Thanks

JP

Hi JP,

Nice to see you guys showing interest in SRC. I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge, if I am wrong please correct me SRC admins :)

Yes, SRCA sign ups are first come first serve. Next season should be Season 25. Yes Indy and Nola should be the tracks, and be 90 minutes in race length. Yes quali for the races happens on the day, just before the race.

SRCA Season 25 Schedule:

Round 1 – 14 November - 90 minutes of Indianapolis
Round 2 - 21 November - 90 minutes of Nola

Once you have enough drivers, for VLMS 3 should be enough, for VEC 4 or 5 (still possible with 3) would be best, you can sign up a team or try to join an already established one. VLMS sign ups are closed for the remainder of the current season. As far as I am aware it is still possible to sign up a team for Division 4 VEC.