What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Motec telemetry tyre temps bugged?

Yacine Derridj

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Do people using Motec data analysis with Damplugin have the issue with inner and outer tyre temps seeming inverted?
Whatever camber we put on left side, outer temperature is always higher than inner (rear and front), but it looks correct on the right side.

My guess is there may be an glitch with the M8 (or GTE even, I didn't test with other cars) tyre model than makes the Damplugin to log incorrectly the inner and outer tyre temps.
Inverting inner and outer on the left seems the way to go, but this is just a guess...

Are we the only ones having this issue?

Dennis Lind

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I just checked with the LMP2, we don't have these issues.
C,I,O is the codes for them (Center, Inside, Outside).
And I can't seem to reproduce with the M8 either.
Attached pictures for your reference

Attachments

Yacine Derridj

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Weird... Gonna try again and see if a motec parameter is responsible...
As I did not modify anything since summer SRCA I can't see what could be responsible.

I'm not using rubber temp but tyre surface temps, could it be the reason why?

Matheus Machado

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
make sure the correct data channel is being read. Sometimes is reads the outside channel, while it is showing up as the inside.

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I have a similar issue : for some reason there is no tyre load, it stays at 0. Same for lateral forces

EDIT : solved, had to edit the .ini file of the plugin

Last edited:

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I opened the MotecPlugin.ini file situated in the rF2 folder, and i activated all the channels.
It should look like this :
Code:
[Channels]
Data rate = 0 // Telemetry capture rate; Enter a value from -2 (useful minimums) to 2 (100Hz all channels)
Extra tyre temps = 1 // Log tyre carcass and inner rubber temperatures (Build 660); 0 = off, 1 = on
Inputs mode = 1 // Log unfiltered or filtered controls input; 1 = unfiltered, 2 = filtered, 3 = both
Aerodynamics = 1 // Log rF2s extra aero info (drag, front/rear downforce, front wing height, front/rear rideheights; 0 = off, 1 = on
Contact patch = 1 // Tyre contact patch channels (ground and patch velocities); 0 = off, 1 = on
Engine info = 1 // Extra engine channels, incl. torque and boost values; 0 = off, 1 = on
Vehicle info = 1 // Various vehicle status channels, plus vehicle pitch/roll/orientation; 0 = off, 1 = on
Tyre info = 1 // Extra tyre/wheel channels; 0 = off, 1 = on
Weather = 1 // Extra weather info (cloud/rain/wetness/wind - most not currently active or are obsolete in rF2); 0 = off, 1 = on

Yacine Derridj

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Ok seems that it was the camber parameter which was waaaaaaaaaaay to low on the left side.
It took a lot of tests to figure that out, but now we're ok.