What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

MoTec Data Acquisition plug in problem

Mark Fuller

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
OK, I am experiencing a problem installing the data acquisition plugin for MoTec on my rF2 installation. I use Win Vista 64 bit and have successfully installed this plugin into rF1. I originally installed rF2 to my program files folder, but due to some issues have installed a further copy into my C:\Users\Mark\Documents folder. I am successfully runing rF2 from this new folder and it all appears fine. I have tried to install the data acquisition program and get the following error:

The data acquisition plugin says:
C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Games\VEC does not appear to be a valid rFactor installation directory. It is either not present, or has a missing or corrupt config.ini file.
Installation cannot continue beyond this point until the problem is resolved. Please verify that the rFactor config.ini is present and has a valid value for 'PluginsDir' in its [components] section.

So, I have checked my installation. In the VEC folder there is no config.ini, but there is one in the Bin32 folder. However, if I 'search' the VEC folder it shows 2 config.ini's, one in the Bin32 folder and one in the VEC folder. The second one is not 'visible' when I look for it through 'My Computer'!!

I have tried to run the plug in from the RFactor folder, Core folder and the Bin32 folder, but get the same error. This version of rF2 is the Build 798 Pre-paid installer available here http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/ [I have a lifetime membership]. Of note, when I run the Verify function in the launcher, all the files fail the verification check.

Is the plug in getting confused with data from the version of rF2 still in my Program files folder [I did not have to provide any information when I started the launcher the first time] - can I uninstall the Program Files version without affecting the version in my Documents folder?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

rfactor2 installs main-program as "Core" and data as, well "Data", you can choose two different locations for these during install. I recommend to NOT install "data" to be places under Documents, but it shouldn't really matter much.

Your MoTeC files will go under "Core" install - you'll need to place the correct files (x32 and x64) under their dedicated folders (Bin32 and Bin64) but within their Plugins-folder.

Motec_install_x32_x64.jpg

"can I uninstall the Program Files version without affecting the version in my Documents folder?" - Yes, but don't NEED to uninstall, you can simply make another install and just make sure that the game points to your data, change this in Launcher/Advanced/Change Data Path.

Last edited:
Hi Tomas - success. Seems that unzipping into the folder wasn't putting all the files in the right place! However, following your help, now works fine.

Cheers

OK, have this resolved pretty much now thanks to Tomas, but have one minor annoying problem. When I press a certain button on my wheel it scrolls the 'Grid' box through the classes. I have had a look at my setup and find that I have two trackmapconf.txt files - one in the rFactor/Plugins/Trackmap folder and one in the Bin32/Plugins/Tackmap folder. So, first question is - which one is the 'active' file and do I need to have both?

Secondly, I have the following in the trackmapconf.txt file which I believe is the coding for my issue:

.GRIDMODE = Controller, 1, Button, 3, EventDown
.GRIDMODE = VK_F12, EventDown

GRIDCLASS = Controller, 1, Button, 4, EventDown

.BOX8Key = H, EventDown

Any idea how to change this so that the class does not scroll when I press the button on my steering wheel [assigned to another function]? I tried removing the . before GRIDCLASS, but it still occurs. Do I even need the line GRIDCLASS........?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi! if it's not too much trouble could someone help me with some template for the Motec? I found some on the web but do not work properly. Thank you

I am also having an issue with the motec plugin.

When I want to check over my tire heating it seems to only record data on the front tires, the rear tires show as "N/A".

So any help into fixing this would be very appreciated :)

Attachments

• motec-tire-issue.png
    motec-tire-issue.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 15
I am also having an issue with the motec plugin.

When I want to check over my tire heating it seems to only record data on the front tires, the rear tires show as "N/A".

So any help into fixing this would be very appreciated :)

You'll be looking for "Tyre Rubber Temp" and "Tyre Carcass Temp" - if you are using an old rfactor(1) MoTeC Project then that's why you find obsolete channels.

You'll be looking for "Tyre Rubber Temp" and "Tyre Carcass Temp" - if you are using an old rfactor(1) MoTeC Project then that's why you find obsolete channels.

Ah right thanks. After this message i went and found a random project off the isi forums and it works now so thanks a lot :)