What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Morten - post your questions in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Any news on the mod being reused for the comming season?
Size of the donations will depend on the arrival of these informations (because of sponsor deadlines)

Last edited:

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Short answer (again) is no.
Same answer like when you asked last week in contact staff. There is no news until it is posted here.
And i edited the thread, very misleading with "freezing mod"
Ok, i repeated it here because you told me it would be annonced for all at the same time on the forum.
As I also told you, I might be able to get some sponsor support which would eventually be canalized to the league, if my deadline for the application could be met. But i need a minimum of information to create a serious pitch for the sponsor.
Time is a factor here.
So if you already decided it, then it might be benefitial for the league to make a general annoncement about cars (nothing detailed needed).
Thats all.
I will just follow the posting then...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, i repeated it here because you told me it would be annonced for all at the same time on the forum.
As I also told you, I might be able to get some sponsor support which would eventually be canalized to the league, if my deadline for the application could be met. But i need a minimum of information to create a serious pitch for the sponsor.
Time is a factor here.
So if you already decided it, then it might be benefitial for the league to make a general annoncement about cars (nothing detailed needed).
Thats all.
I will just follow the posting then...
I have but its not ready for announcement yet. There is more too it than just a simple post. While i appriciate the work, you should just work on that sponsor for your team. I dont think it will come as a surprise that GTE´s probably will be a thing here?

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I have but its not ready for announcement yet. There is more too it than just a simple post. While i appriciate the work, you should just work on that sponsor for your team. I dont think it will come as a surprise that GTE´s probably will be a thing here?
Funny stuff guys. I was thinking more in line of the posts from other team managers. Will more types of gt's be involved and etc...
But hey it easy to laugh at.... And transform to a joke when some are actually trying to make it resemble a serious pro league (I know my car is not in that category), but still we are all working to enhance the esport image of seriousness in racing.
This is the first step guys... All of the managers should try out for smaller sponsor deals. But a professional pitch is essential to make it all look better, because lets face it our viewer numbers on the streams wont pull home any sponsor deals. We simply dont supply the exposure.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Morten I said this more than once. If you want a sponsor for your team go for it. But you can’t make me push out any details until I’m ready. No matter what, details are getting there but it’s not all done which is why I have not announced it. And come on. It’s not even 3 weeks from the last race of the season. This is a summer break. Break. You know. No deadlines, no broadcast no servers to maintain.

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I'm really sorry that my comment has struck a nerve with you, @Morten Faarup. That was not my intention. I hoped it was clear I took a run with Jimmi's comment, rather than with your initiative.

I'm not sure I'm quite on your page regarding sponsorship and the notion that teammanagers (or whoever) should push for that. Looking at myself, I'm here because I enjoy racing in a well-organized championship with high-quality racing, regardless of exposure or benefits - and I gladly pay my yearly fees to support it. That doesn't mean I'm opposed to sponsorships or professionalization, and as such will not be in your way to achieve that, but I don't feel a need to push for it myself.

If the discussion and possible comments are not to your liking, please considering talking this out with Jimmi through Contact Staff. After all, you don't really need us to read about your initiative to get it done.

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I'm really sorry that my comment has struck a nerve with you, @Morten Faarup. That was not my intention. I hoped it was clear I took a run with Jimmi's comment, rather than with your initiative.

I'm not sure I'm quite on your page regarding sponsorship and the notion that teammanagers (or whoever) should push for that. Looking at myself, I'm here because I enjoy racing in a well-organized championship with high-quality racing, regardless of exposure or benefits - and I gladly pay my yearly fees to support it. That doesn't mean I'm opposed to sponsorships or professionalization, and as such will not be in your way to achieve that, but I don't feel a need to push for it myself.

If the discussion and possible comments are not to your liking, please considering talking this out with Jimmi through Contact Staff. After all, you don't really need us to read about your initiative to get it done.
No probs m8. As you see i did that. The post was made in public because others might benefit from the answer too.
A way to consider could be to comment on relations and posts in which you have a positive feedback and leave the rest. But i get your point.

Blane Heerey

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
What this says to me is there will be new content for next season, whether its just new cars or new classes I'm excited to find out
Nick hinted at some new cars in GTE at the end of the D3 Le Mans if I remember correctly ;)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to your own new special thread Morten, please post your questions in this one instead of keep posting in contact staff or a new thread on the public forum.
But first, make sure you are fast enough for a new season is that a hint enough for you? hint hint, notch notch.

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Seriously? You didnt think we were fast enough m8?
Until the last race we were one of only 6 teams completing all races in division 3, and we got points in all the races we didnt make mistakes in. Thats endurance in my oppinion. You dont need to hotlap, as a wise admin once told me ;)
Like the thread , i will start posting then . ;)

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
The thing is, I dont understand why the page doesnt have a rough outline for all newcomers to see. Like: season 11 has finished, season 12 will start medio October with signups medio september.

In regards to the speed, we are old-boys hoping to get as much optimized as possible to try to keep up with all the young fast drivers of the league, but lets face it, our main goal is to finish all races.
Thats why we try to buy all the help we can get in the offseason :)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
The thing is, I dont understand why the page doesnt have a rough outline for all newcomers to see. Like: season 11 has finished, season 12 will start medio October with signups medio september.
But that is not what you said before, and i dont want to reveal anything just now, there are still a few things that needs to be ironed out!
Thats endurance in my oppinion. You dont need to hotlap, as a wise admin once told me ;)
Who said we will have 3 divisions next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.