What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Main menu flickering/invisible items

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
SRC guru's

I've recently started getting an issue when in the main menu that the screen is partially flicking black and items are disappearing (still able to click them just can't see them)

In an attempt to resolve the issue I first tried a completely new install of RF2, when that didn't work I've done a complete new windows install, still no luck.

I have the latest drivers installed.

Gpu is a NVIDIA1070

No setting in graphics seem to make a difference, this issue does not occur once you get to the track it's only in the menus, occurs in both single player and multiplayer.

Does not occur in DEV mode (same graphics settings)

Definitely doing my head in!

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem, it usually goes away after loading a track or alt+tabbing.

I’m running windowed mode, same card as you.

I have the same problem, it usually goes away after loading a track or alt+tabbing.

I’m running windowed mode, same card as you.
Yeah I've tried just about every combo in the graphics settings, nothing seems to make a difference. Thankfully yeah once you go to race it goes away, definitely a case of what the hell.

I have the same problem and for me it do not disappear after alt+tab.
But when I moved my activity field from my center monitor (in my case with triples) to the left monitor the flickering disappeared.

Not an ideal solution but it seems to work for now.

I have the same problem and for me it do not disappear after alt+tab.
But when I moved my activity field from my center monitor (in my case with triples) to the left monitor the flickering disappeared.

Not an ideal solution but it seems to work for now.
Happy with that solution, no idea how to change which monitor, any tips?

I had that too and it also affected Nvidia Shield or Shadowplay when broadcasting kept getting just a black screen on YouTube. I rolled back to a previous driver but a complete clean install of it and on the game i selected Borderless. It seems to of solved it so far.

Happy with that solution, no idea how to change which monitor, any tips?

What I meant was to drag and drop the actual activity field. You may have to unlock it first.
I got the problem again today but it disappeared again after fiddling around with surround settings for the three monitors (PhysX).