What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Livery question

James Lyke

Reaction score
hello,

Anyone know how i would create a super shiny coloured texture such as the green in this photo
57456956_2326797727383532_3484376297159786496_o.jpg

and like the blue in this;
Jordan2-720x400.jpg

its like a coloured chrome but having played with the chrome effects the colours dont seem do do much unless im doing something wrong.

Thank you :)

Assign to the paint the black region, then select car paint in the editor for black and play with the laquerer color. I noticed you can get better results by using a base light grey in the DDS instead the color you are aiming for. For example if you want that metallic green, use a light grey as color in the DDS, assign to it the black region, car paint in the editor and a green laquerer color. You will get a very similar results.

Assign to the paint the black region, then select car paint in the editor for black and play with the laquerer color. I noticed you can get better results by using a base light grey in the DDS instead the color you are aiming for. For example if you want that metallic green, use a light grey as color in the DDS, assign to it the black region, car paint in the editor and a green laquerer color. You will get a very similar results.
Ahh cool, thats a handy trick to know, thankyou!