What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Licenses explained

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Under review!!

• Drivers can compete in more than one series (VEC and VLMS) and only the highest ranked license will how.
  • If a driver does not participate as a full time driver for a team in a season, their license will be put on probation for the following season. Probation ends at the discretion of the series administration.
  • License holders of SR.C License 1, 2 and 3 are not eligible to participate in SRCA.
  • Licenses was automaticly added to those drivers who was signed up for season 9, returning drivers from previous seasons will have to go through SRCA to get a license.

Last edited:
src-license.png

Images courtesy of COIN

Last edited:
Counts for nothing to have participated in previous seasons of the VEC? I raced in the season 8 VEC and much of the championship in room 1, but I have a license 3.

Thanks

Counts for nothing to have participated in previous seasons of the VEC? I raced in the season 8 VEC and much of the championship in room 1, but I have a license 3.

Thanks
As Bernd says you are in VLMS now - which is why you have a SR.C License 3.
Dont get offended by any of this - we´re learning this as well, so we do not have the perfect formula.

I dont even have a license ;)

However as you might be able to see these licenses and groups makes it easier to mange permissions and what people see on the forums - you will be able to see all the VLMS stuff - like teamspeak server that VEC drivers dont. R1 drivers see R1 teamspeak and so on.

L1, 2 and 3 are not that different - but they will be eventually. We had to start somewhere and that somewhere is NOW with whatever series you run in. This will be changed and someone will ofcause not be too happy with what we rate them, but EGO is a good thing i guess ;)

example
I now have 3 license because I logged on VLSM only.
In the future, I want to start for our team in the VEC room2 where I was manager. will let me do it?

Well I understand, that it's easer for you to control the content the drivers of the Series can access. I even can understand a little bit that new drivers should prove their drivingskills, but as an example ...

You just changed the starting times of the vlms events to a window, where we would be able to sign up another driver for our entry...
And now you just applied the licensing rules to SR.C and want to tell me, that the earliest point, we can sign up that guy to our entry is in December at the End of the SR.C A ? So what is, if isn't able to participate at all of the events ? Does he have to retry in the next SR.C A "Season" ? In VEC I would agree to 100 % to this, but not in a FeederSeries to the VEC ... In my opinion it's to much for that ... Most of the guy's are racing in other leagues and have lot's of experience, are driving active in other leagues and stuff like that, so they're not always willing or capable of of doing such "mini-series" just to race for their team ...

As said for getting directly into VEC I would 100 % agree, but for VLMS it's too much ..

example
I now have 3 license because I logged on VLSM only.
In the future, I want to start for our team in the VEC room2 where I was manager. will let me do it?
Yes:
Eligibility earned by completing a season of SRCA, and being chosen to join a VEC Room 1/2 team
User allready known here wont have a problem at all, its a matter of - do we see these drivers fit for the bigger events.

Well I understand, that it's easer for you to control the content the drivers of the Series can access. I even can understand a little bit that new drivers should prove their drivingskills, but as an example ...

You just changed the starting times of the vlms events to a window, where we would be able to sign up another driver for our entry...
And now you just applied the licensing rules to SR.C and want to tell me, that the earliest point, we can sign up that guy to our entry is in December at the End of the SR.C A ? So what is, if isn't able to participate at all of the events ? Does he have to retry in the next SR.C A "Season" ? In VEC I would agree to 100 % to this, but not in a FeederSeries to the VEC ... In my opinion it's to much for that ... Most of the guy's are racing in other leagues and have lot's of experience, are driving active in other leagues and stuff like that, so they're not always willing or capable of of doing such "mini-series" just to race for their team ...

As said for getting directly into VEC I would 100 % agree, but for VLMS it's too much ..
We are discussing a shorter SRCA season, but dont want VLMS to be a join the forum and race on the next day.
Considering there is a race each month in both VEC and VLMS dosent make it too bad that drivers has to prove themselves towards getting a license is it, we do expect teams to think ahead.
If you want a new driver to join - then do so faster instead of waiting until the last minute. If they dont want to run in a few short races, then they dont need to join the forum.

Consider SR.C a career ladder. We NEED to have drivers that are capable of dealing with traffic - and i´ve seen some things during the last 8 season which this ladder would have stopped quite fast.

We are discussing a shorter SRCA season, but dont want VLMS to be a join the forum and race on the next day.
Considering there is a race each month in both VEC and VLMS dosent make it too bad that drivers has to prove themselves towards getting a license is it, we do expect teams to think ahead.
If you want a new driver to join - then do so faster instead of waiting until the last minute. If they dont want to run in a few short races, then they dont need to join the forum.

Consider SR.C a career ladder. We NEED to have drivers that are capable of dealing with traffic - and i´ve seen some things during the last 8 season which this ladder would have stopped quite fast.

As a new driver I think this is a great idea. I was very worried that if I got in a race that I would ruin it for someone. The would be less serious in the SRCA than in the VLMS.

This gives me an opportunity to learn how the SR.C works before jumping straight in to a large series.

Update, a tweak has been installed so it will only show the highest ranked license
Removed: Drivers competing in VLMS and VEC will have more than one license, however its always the highest that determines which license the driver has.

As Bernd says you are in VLMS now - which is why you have a SR.C License 3.
Dont get offended by any of this - we´re learning this as well, so we do not have the perfect formula.

I dont even have a license ;)

However as you might be able to see these licenses and groups makes it easier to mange permissions and what people see on the forums - you will be able to see all the VLMS stuff - like teamspeak server that VEC drivers dont. R1 drivers see R1 teamspeak and so on.

L1, 2 and 3 are not that different - but they will be eventually. We had to start somewhere and that somewhere is NOW with whatever series you run in. This will be changed and someone will ofcause not be too happy with what we rate them, but EGO is a good thing i guess ;)
Do not worry, Jimmy, I'm not offended, it was a simple question to get an answer that helped me to understand, simply this.

I'm interested to see what the requirements for a License 4 or up would be. I've read the top post, but wonder what the criteria used by the SRCA Administration for each of these licenses will be.

I imagine the criteria would be, if a driver would have acceptable driving standards, such as through traffic and correctly following the rules to a degree which would be acceptable for the series above?

I imagine the criteria would be, if a driver would have acceptable driving standards, such as through traffic and correctly following the rules to a degree which would be acceptable for the series above?
Yes - however more variables will be used - but basically if new drivers behave and race fair without serious incidents they would - obviously with srca admins discretion - be promoted to some kinda license.
It could be L4 or above

Do we have to pay for these licenses?
Also is team managers included in these licenses?

Last edited:
So when you wanna race in the VEC or the VLMS, there will be an entry fee for the car which has signed up, as you know i guess ;) But you don't have to pay only for the license, correct me if i'm wrong @Jimmi Allison

Afaik Jimmi has some for those ppl they're "only" the manager of a team and don't race in any series ;)

Do we have to pay for these licenses?
Also is team managers included in these licenses?
Team managers have access to the files - but unless you race you haven't been licensed.

No - SRCA will run on already owned servers - so this is totally free.