What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Licenses explained

I just got a question I have finally got rf2 (thanks to my team mate Darien Bailey ) and a fantastic new G27 which I am slowly getting used to. I yet to get the URD mod which I intend to pretty soon. Anyway once I done, just wondered being a team manager and paid for our entries for, which licence will I have?. I admit I been out of racing for 3 years but hoping to come back before end of season and help my team out...Sorry if it sounds dumb

We are discussing a shorter SRCA season, but dont want VLMS to be a join the forum and race on the next day.
Considering there is a race each month in both VEC and VLMS dosent make it too bad that drivers has to prove themselves towards getting a license is it, we do expect teams to think ahead.
If you want a new driver to join - then do so faster instead of waiting until the last minute. If they dont want to run in a few short races, then they dont need to join the forum.

Consider SR.C a career ladder. We NEED to have drivers that are capable of dealing with traffic - and i´ve seen some things during the last 8 season which this ladder would have stopped quite fast.
This is actually a really nice way to create a ladder of progression. Though, I do have a question in regards to something I had considered. SRCA takes place on Tuesday Nights in Europe. 20:30 CET is the start time for Qualifying, this roughly translates out to 15:30 for those on the East Coast of the Americas (Brazil is about an hour or two later) or 12:30 for those on the West Coast. The question I want to ask is in regards to this, will there be other events possibly at other times? I know some people from the Americas can make these events. But I know many do have day time jobs on the weekdays making participation next to impossible, which with the licensing system would lock these people out of VLMS as well as VEC despite these being Saturday races.

This is a problem I've been facing in sim racing, there are many events centered around European schedules that take place during the weekdays. If I hadn't joined my team before this system had been put in place it might have been quite a while before I ever qualified to race in the more endurance oriented series. So I'm curious to know if we'll see races that might fit into a schedule that'll not only work for those of us on the American Continent, but those in Asia as well.

If there is gonna be a demand for this we will think about it. However even though we originated from America (first season was rough for us europeans) our active drivers are mostly from Europe.

But obviously we are open to everyone.

If there is gonna be a demand for this we will think about it. However even though we originated from America (first season was rough for us europeans) our active drivers are mostly from Europe.

But obviously we are open to everyone.

we are only 3 drivers in our car, in the beggining of the season we dont want to signup any other driver becouse we only have 5 changes in the line up....
so.. we decided to wait until one driver is ready to drive with us...
Now we have two drivers to join our car, but those two are south americans and its impossible for they to run the SCRA series, tuesday at that tiime (16:00hs here) these two guys are at work....

so... what can we do about it?? we want one more driver for the longest race...
of course we as a team are responsibly of their actions on the track.... i will never give my car to any "kamikaze" driver
maybe each team has to be one "rookie" driver...

maybe these two guys, can race at VLMS instead SCRA... just an idea....

we are only 3 drivers in our car, in the beggining of the season we dont want to signup any other driver becouse we only have 5 changes in the line up....
so.. we decided to wait until one driver is ready to drive with us...
Now we have two drivers to join our car, but those two are south americans and its impossible for they to run the SCRA series, tuesday at that tiime (16:00hs here) these two guys are at work....

so... what can we do about it?? we want one more driver for the longest race...
of course we as a team are responsibly of their actions on the track.... i will never give my car to any "kamikaze" driver
maybe each team has to be one "rookie" driver...

maybe these two guys, can race at VLMS instead SCRA... just an idea....
Sorry, we cant open VLMS to new drivers, SRCA will change slighty, and we will run more than 1 season this year, so make sure they are signed up for the forum - and we will make sure yo be "available" for as many nationalities as we can.

Hi Jimmi,
Due to long time injurry at albow i was not able to drive, now it's getting better and i want to join my team again (Rare Endurance Team) the VEC series .
I heard from Richard Blokker that i have to participate @ SRCA series, were do i aply for that series?
I find i a bit difficult the find the right forums were to sign up, can you give me a link were to start ?

Regards,

Erwin Levasier

where can I find the next race so i can work on my licence?

Basically, before you can enter any championships in the SRC, you have to first go through the SRCA (Sim Racing Club Academy) to obtain a level 4 license which allows you to participate in higher championships. The current season of SRCA has already started, so you cannot sign-up mid season. Wait until the current season concludes, then go up to the top of the page, hover over SRCA, and if after Sign Ups it says OPEN, that is how you get into the championship. Hopefully this helps, good luck.

can I please get some help, where to start. I would like to race the F1, and endurance. I have read the whole post but i need see schedule, and times. thank you

OK guys, sign ups for SRCA season 3 are closed, so you can not join anymore. Wait until sign ups for season 4 will be opened and to answer next question right now, it will happen soon.

can I please get some help, where to start. I would like to race the F1, and endurance. I have read the whole post but i need see schedule, and times. thank you
It would be appriciated if you would simply read the PM that is sent to you upon registration - now theres a few links to different posts which will explain what we are.

FIRST thing you should do is to sign up for SRCA, but as explained elsewhere, the sign up is closed since each season is 1 month and we can have people jumping in and out.
So what you should do now is simply wait for S4 to start, dates are allready posted in the last thread you posted in.
You wont get to race endurance nor formula until you have raced in SRCA.

hey Jimmi i did read all the link in the Pm, i understand now, the sign up is closed. all i can do is practice solo. I was trying to maybe run with others to get feeling for draft and lap times. thank you for all help.

Im still slightly confused as to who can create a new, say VLMS, team. Everyone who has a license 4 can join but i remember reading somewhere that three license 4 drivers can't create a new team.

Can a license 4 driver create a team as long as it can get a license 3 driver in it?

Can a license 5 driver to the same if they are not racing themselves?

Could you say that as a rule you need all your drivers to have at least license 4 and one of them to have the license of the series in question, and the manager can be anyone?

Linus I'm slightly confused of what you ask?
In what series?

VEC is full so is VLMS - so right now I don't see the point in having L4 able to create a team. However when sign up opens rest assured that we will be looking into licenses also on the current drivers ;)

Consider it what it is - a ladder system where you can get promoted into higher tiers.

I guess I was just curious about how a team is created. How do you decide which teams get the spots? Is it the first ones that sign up? Could I (for next season) just create a team and sign it up if I can find drivers with the correct licenses?

I'm not really interested in doing that at the moment but I am still curious!

Linus, all the crew work hard on a transparent process, which will lead racer from SRCA entry up to VEC league. We have different ideas on the table and we discuss about it almost daily. I am sure Jimmi will tell more about everything when things will be decided a bit more, but I can tell now, soon you will be able to see the way how to grow up from SRCA newcomer up to the owner of your VLMS or VEC team.

OK!

Thanks alot for your answers! I am very happy with all the work you guys have done so far and can honestly say that I have never had so much fun as I have had racing in the SRCA!