What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Legacy Signup

Dan Svoboda

Reaction score
I'm new here, I know, but I would like to make a proposal; legacy signup.

That is, those drivers who have had a perfect attendance record in a season has the option to declare, ahead of the signup deadline, for the following season.

I have a selfish reason for this. I will have had perfect attendance at Season 17, and I would like to drive in Season 18, and not run the risk of signing in 1 minute late, and becoming an alternate. (Even though it worked out well for me in Season 17.)

I'm new here, I know, but I would like to make a proposal; legacy signup.

That is, those drivers who have had a perfect attendance record in a season has the option to declare, ahead of the signup deadline, for the following season.

I have a selfish reason for this. I will have had perfect attendance at Season 17, and I would like to drive in Season 18, and not run the risk of signing in 1 minute late, and becoming an alternate. (Even though it worked out well for me in Season 17.)

Well, now I feel like a dummy. After posting this, I saw the Season 18 signup post, giving drivers from the Americas precedence. That will increase the odds of my getting in substantially.

indeed, s18 will be somewhat special

For the rest of the seasons it's a lot of work to support this kind of sign up. It's already a lot of work to support a reserve list so we will not go for more complicated sign ups.

In the history of SRCA we had one season where we had so many sign ups that the page went down for 2h after the sign up opens. However this will not happen again so everyone should have enough time to sign up within 5 min of the sign ups opening and that should be enough to get a spot.

And maybe that's just me being German but I don't think punctuality is too hard to achieve. Almost everyone has a mobile phone with a great alarm clock to make sure that you are right on time.