What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Issues at preseason

DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT post any ideas and solutions about the issue posted by others.

This thread is intended to give me an overview of the issues people had, obviously you should provide details about what happened - and do not jump to conclusions on what is wrong, because i´ve seen a few guys thinking its servers when its probably either ISP or even their own PC´s

The more details (including your pc spec) the better, do you have tracelog, include this.

Again do not post here unless you had an issue, and do not post about these issues elsewhere, they will be lost.

Arne Schoonvliet

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
We had a driver swap issue between me and Daniel Almeida
We both have set network settings to realistic settings.

System specs Arne Schoonvliet
i5 6600k
gtx 1070
16gb ddr4
Using oculus rift

System specs Daniel Almeida
i7 7700k
gtx 1080 ti
32gb ddr4
using oculus rift

Swap procedure
Daniel joins server as spectator
Passenger select me and tells me he is driving with me
I go to pit menu and select him as a driver and tell him that I selected him
He presses race and goes to cockpit view
2 laps later I go into pits and drive into my pitbox
Game tells me I will loose control in 62s

While waiting for the swap + after swap
Daniel tells me that the engine isn't running while on my side it is running (I did rev the engine to confirm)
Count down goes to zero, Daniel does not have the car. I drive out of pits. Server recognises me as an AI driver and I have ping of zero seen from the server (I checked ping on my side and I had ping of 42ms to the server). Daniel leaves, joins again as spectator. From the moment he tries to drive as passanger with me he gets kicked out of the server. Kalle tried aswell but he also got kicked out of the server

We had to retire the car.

We weren't running any trace due to recommendation on the forums here to avoid any small freezes ( the game writing big logs to the trace file)

Jose Ortuno

VEC Division 2
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
VLMS Season Pass
My specs:
i5-7400 3.0 GHz
Gigabyte GeFroce GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb
Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 2x4Gb CL15

My internet speed:
https://testdevelocidadgratis.com/badge/5b953882cd60fd3266e1f934.png

I tried to join the server, many times. It loaded the cars but when it seems to finish, "Connection lost" message and I was kicked out to the servers screen. One time I got into the server (idk this time it worked) but it kicked me out in a few minutes. This has never happened to me, once I got into the servers it never kicked me out, until the preseason race. I tried to close AV, Firewalls, low graphic settings... I couldn't swap with my partner so we got DNF.

In the searching of any solutions I saw something about router ports, but I cannot confirm which ones should I have opened.

Ivan Rico

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Push Rod Racing (#118) had driver swap issue, AI took control after first try of driver swap between Fernando Cerrato and Antonio J. Vicens.

Fernando Cerrato specs:
MB: Asus h81m-k
CPU : i3 3,7 GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 950 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB

Waiting for Antonio to send me his specs.

Description of the issue: in pit lap Antonio's game crashed and Fernando couldn't put him back in the driver section of pit settings LCD Menu so after pitstop he lost control but Antonio wasn't on the server as his game had crashed which led to AI taking the car.

Jose Alvarez

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
rFactor2Race #227. I received a 10 seconds´ penalty for going long when I left the last turn. I saw the repetition and it was indeed like that but the strange thing is that I did not recieve any of the two previous warnings that usually appear in the chat.

No other problems throughout the race.

Erwin Levasier

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
CPU: i5 - 2500k
Ram : 7GB
MB : Gigabyte H77-D3H
VC: Geforce GTX 780ti
I had huge stutters during my stind from Club Corner all the way up to Aintree, and when there where 4-5 cars arround me not driveble
And major stutters through Maggotts Becketts en chappel Curve, and again with 4-5 cars around me not driveble.
So i only drove about 10 laps, and had to stop the car

Attachments

Marco Vinciullo

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
System specs :
CPU i7 8700K
Motherboard MSI Goodlike Z370
Ram G.skill DDR4 16Gb ( 8x2 )
SSD RAID0 500x2
GPU Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Monitor triple Asus PG278Q G-SYNC
Resolution 7840 x 1440 ( Nvidia Souround )

Period
Problem occurred during lap 4

Short description
The video crashed like a still image and could not be unlocked anymore. The audio continued to work regularly, it was possible to hear the car's noises off the road and the bumps. It was not possible to close the session with: CTRL-Alt-TAB and even ESC did not work I was forced to reset the PC.
Never had this problem since October 2017 when I built this new PC (thus replacing my previous one). I use for 90% of my game time rFactor 2.
I did the whole season 10 without this problem.
I'm sorry I did not have trace log .
I can give my availability for any tests .

Ivan Rico

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Push Rod Racing (#118) had driver swap issue, AI took control after first try of driver swap between Fernando Cerrato and Antonio J. Vicens.

Fernando Cerrato specs:
MB: Asus h81m-k
CPU : i3 3,7 GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 950 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB

Waiting for Antonio to send me his specs.

Description of the issue: in pit lap Antonio's game crashed and Fernando couldn't put him back in the driver section of pit settings LCD Menu so after pitstop he lost control but Antonio wasn't on the server as his game had crashed which led to AI taking the car.
Antonio's Specs:

MB: MSi 970
RAM: 16GB DDR3
CPU: AMD FX9350
GPU: AMD RX480

Tonnie Jansen

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Car 324 division 4, frozen screen (long period of time directly after turn 3).
Hat to shut down Rfactor, to join again.

I7 7700
16gb memory
1080 TI

Time 18.44 dutch time

Devin Braune

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Issue:
After the actual race, like a minute or two after crossing the line, the server somehow managed to crash my game (probably by closing), which prevented the game from writing session logs and replay to my drive, which lost valuable information about tyre wear. For this reason I could not post my replay anywhere either, even though people were asking for it.

My specs don't matter for this issue but just for the sake of having the most important stuff:
System specs :
CPU i7 7700K
DDR4 16Gb (2x8) 3000mhz
GPU EVGA GTX 970

Last edited:

Matheus Machado

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
I had a stuttering issue after a driver swap.

System specs
i7 4790k - stock settings
gtx 970
16gb ddr3
Installed on a 7200 rpm HDD
Single screen 27"

Swap procedure
I join the server as spectator
Passenger select Matt and tells me he is driving with me
I press race right before he enters the pit, engaged cockpit cam, everything looks normal
I wait the 61 second countdown
As soon as gain car control the game feels like it is holding every frame until it is synced with the screen, I see some stuttering in game.
I go out of the pits and feel heavy input lag, it gets worse when going up in the kerbs, I also notice the mirrors (screen overlay) are at a far lower resolution that what it usually is.
I try alt - tab to get the focus back on the game (even though there was no evidence it was out of focus) to no success
As the stint goes it gets a little better, but never like it was on the first two hours.

Important notes
Unlike it was on other screen freezes I had in the past, audio and FFB were perfectly fine throughout the whole stint, dashmeter pro and racepad never stopped working or had any freezes.
I had similar issues when I spun off the track sometimes in DX9, I could reproduce it every time I spun at the first porsche curve in VLM Le Mans.
I had replay logging on and trace as well.

Attachments

Boris Vakholsky

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
CPU: i5 - 2300
Ram : 16GB
MB : Gigabyte H61M-S2PV
VC: Geforce GTX 760
All game settings put on low/dissabled.

After i had joined in middle of the race i had a lot of freezes and lags during my short stint. One of them accidentally led to crash by one of the GTE. Before the race on practice session with 50 members all was fine.

Mikko Korkiakoski

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
I had a screen freeze that lasted about 2 or 3 seconds iirc. The screen didn't go black but just froze and then came back and everythingn seemed fine. After this I had a few stutters but it was mostly fine. Just for reference I've had no freezes before with this new carpack during any of my preseason testing. I've had some stuttering at times especially when people leave/join servers.
Unfortunately I didn't have trace running but it is now... not that it helps to this issue.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z170-HD3P
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4

Salvo Sardina

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I'd also like to share my experience of Saturday. I was driving without any problem but, around the beginning of my third stint I had a freeze that forced me to kill the process, while I was behind Cocozza for the first position in GTE Class. I don't know if this is game related, but I must said that my configuration is very poor at the moment. On Friday night, I could enter in the server only after l reduced to the minimum all the details and also the video resolution (to 1600x900). It never happened before but for me this was also the first race with this build and with this mod (maybe is it more demanding than the previous one?). No trace
Anyway, I've already ordered some major upgrades :thumbsup: (y)

Specs:
I scored 2 528 in PCMark 10

Last edited:

Gustavo da Silva

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
System specs :
CPU i7 8700K
Motherboard MSI Goodlike Z370
Ram G.skill DDR4 16Gb ( 8x2 )
SSD RAID0 500x2
GPU Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Monitor triple Asus PG278Q G-SYNC
Resolution 7840 x 1440 ( Nvidia Souround )

Period
Problem occurred during lap 4

Short description
The video crashed like a still image and could not be unlocked anymore. The audio continued to work regularly, it was possible to hear the car's noises off the road and the bumps. It was not possible to close the session with: CTRL-Alt-TAB and even ESC did not work I was forced to reset the PC.
Never had this problem since October 2017 when I built this new PC (thus replacing my previous one). I use for 90% of my game time rFactor 2.
I did the whole season 10 without this problem.
I'm sorry I did not have trace log .
I can give my availability for any tests .
I had the exact same problem. But it now stopped, only happened during practice. Don't think it is rFactor 2 related but a windows problem, because after the last update it seems to have stopped. I also heared the USB sound of when you disconect USB peripherals from your PC.

PC SPECS:
MoBo: Asus Rampage Extreme V
CPU: i7 6850K
RAM: Crucial Ballistics 2400Mhz 16GB (4*4)
SSD: San Disk 240GB
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980ti 6gb
Monitor: Samsung 50" 3840 x 2160

Ronald Kracht

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
CPU: i5 4690k (no oc)
Ram : 8 GB corsair 1600mhz
MB : Asus Ranger vii z97
Graka: EVGA 980 Classifeid (no OC)
SSD
Windows 7 and 10
Internet: 150 mbit

Slowdown stutters allmost every time im racing. Cars warping when they drive arround me. (control C, purple balk all the way to the richt) Other RF severs and offline same problem Other games like AC, IR works fine.

Gasper Grebenc

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
When i joined the session for a driver swap the game just closed when the drivers started to load on screen. I restarded the PC and we mmade a driver swap with no problem. During the race Ii experienced a screem freezee. Nothing new. It Happened every race in the last season also. It lasted for about 3 seconds.

freeze occured at arround 4562 (position in replay). It was lap no. 100.
Replay:
Dropbox - Silverstone R1 1.Vcr

Trace file: (probably the one for connecting for driver swap).
Dropbox - trace_2018_09_08_19_09_13-21.txt

Trace file for my 2 stints which includes freezehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/jf4mdyriagjlb7n/trace_2018_09_08_19_04_24-96.txt?dl=0

PC specs:

Proc: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Mobo: MSI B350 PC Mate
Graphics: AMD RX470 Armor
Ram: G.Skill Aegis 3000 Mhz 2x8 GB
SSD: WD M.2 250 GB
Monitor: LG 25um58 25" 2560X1080
Graphics setting Low to Mid. Framerate always above 60, normaly in the 90's only rain drops them.

Matt Strand

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Only issue I had is the pit boxes were staggered. With 2 cars in front and 2 behind there's nowhere to go once service is done until 1 of them moves. Given the entire GT field seems to like pitting all at the same time every race for 2 years now lol it's a bit of a hassle. Everything else ran smooth on our end other than a minor schedule issue with a driver.

Kyran Parkin

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
I had been running completely fine until this point, had recently pitted and just surpassed the two hour mark. On lap 68(?) whilst exiting Village corner my game locked up for approximately five seconds. My car reappeared in the garage and the game chat showed that I had left the race. However I was still able to access menus and spectate other cars. I did not show up in the spectator list. I have never experienced this issue since I started racing here back in 2015.

Display settings

Maximum with the exceptions of:
Special effects: High
Road reflection: Low
Environment reflection: Off
Visible vehicles: 20

Game runs at a solid 60FPS, but I did note minor frame drops (1-5 FPS) during heavy rain/spray when following cars in practice.

PC Specs

Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: HyperX FURY 16 GB 2133MHz DDR4
Monitor: Single Acer K222HQL 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

Trace attached.

Attachments