What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VLMS season 3

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
We´ve had 1000 miles of RA in VEC in previous seasons which was about 8-9 hours, but yes this is the big one in VLMS.

This is a hard one - since teams can simply sign up several times with different names anyways, so cant see how we can "avoid" that. However i would urge to not just sign up and hope the cars can make it all races.
I´d rather have teams considering how many entries they really need to make sure they can do all races - that way people dont take away others chance to race.
We plan to have a few enteries but yes definitely won't be missing any races.

Pedro Ramada

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Bernd i notice that the day of the sign-up is on the 27th which is a friday... it could be changed to 29th Sunday?? I'm asking for this request because a lot of people.. myself included :) are working on friday 27th so to be on time to do the sign-up and not take the risk of missing a spot coulbe probably be better to eveyone if it is on Sunday 29th.

Can you do it.. change it??

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Bernd i notice that the day of the sign-up is on the 27th which is a friday... it could be changed to 29th Sunday?? I'm asking for this request because a lot of people.. myself included :) are working on friday 27th so to be on time to do the sign-up and not take the risk of missing a spot coulbe probably be better to eveyone if it is on Sunday 29th.

Can you do it.. change it??
I'll have a look to change to July 28th, because i'm not available on July 29th ;) I'll inform you here then if it will change or not

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Just some feedback on the road Atlanta track that is currently on the steam workshop. A couple of races took place this weekend using it and there was lots of performance issues, so if possible (guessing you always do this) but it may need to be optimised a bit if that is the one that will be used. Lots of stuttering reported.

Pedro Ramada

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Hello Bernd

when you guys going to post some more detailed information for Skin submission?? Or it is only the info that is posted on the introduction to VLMS Season 3 ?

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Hello Bernd

when you guys going to post some more detailed information for Skin submission?? Or it is only the info that is posted on the introduction to VLMS Season 3 ?

Livery Submission:
Will close August 18th at 15:00 CEST.
  • We do NOT allow any fake sponsorships on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
  • Follow albedo rules (basic: don't use RGB below 10, 10, 10 or above 210, 210, 210)
  • Do not resize templates (4096x4096)
  • Do not change alpha layer (this is optimized for broadcast)
You should have all infos you need. The submition will open after the sign ups has opened if this is the info you're missing

Pedro Ramada

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
You should have all infos you need. The submition will open after the sign ups has opened if this is the info you're missing

that i saw yes.. i was thinking more on the other rules that we normally see on VEC Livery submission... for example:

Other rules:
Do not move the numberplates
Do not change the font (see rules)
Do not resize the template.
Do not remove the window banner (rFactor 2).
Do not change Alpha, nor base the skin on alpha layer.
Only submit files as PSD, as numbers may change depending on what division you are in.

So we should follow this and it's fine right?

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
that i saw yes.. i was thinking more on the other rules that we normally see on VEC Livery submission... for example:

Other rules:
Do not move the numberplates
Do not change the font (see rules)
Do not resize the template.
Do not remove the window banner (rFactor 2).
Do not change Alpha, nor base the skin on alpha layer.
Only submit files as PSD, as numbers may change depending on what division you are in.

So we should follow this and it's fine right?
This will come as usualy in the thread for the livery submissions ;) So just bit patience, but it will have the basic rules as it was last seasons in VEC/VLMS

Pedro Ramada

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
This will come as usualy in the thread for the livery submissions ;) So just bit patience, but it will have the basic rules as it was last seasons in VEC/VLMS

ahhh ok that's great. i didn't know if you guys will do the Livery submission thread or not. thanks ;)