What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VLMS - Season 2

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
We changed some about the licenses, that counts on the VEC drivers, which can be found in the first post

Required license:
To be able to sign up a team (only as manager) you do not need a license Drivers however must have at least L4 - and each team must NOT have more than 1 VEC Div 1 driver signed up.

That means that every driver in VEC Div 2 or 3 is allowd to drive in VLMS, together with other drivers from Div 2 or 3

Gasper Zupan

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
We established a team including 3 L4 drivers. We have another two drivers showing interest to participate in our team. One of them currently driving in SRCA S11, the other one (or both:sneaky:) will sign up into SRCA S12. My question is.. are we allowed to add these two drivers to the team latter, during VLMS, when/if they get a L4?

Yuri Kasdorp

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
We changed some about the licenses, that counts on the VEC drivers, which can be found in the first post

Required license:
To be able to sign up a team (only as manager) you do not need a license Drivers however must have at least L4 - and each team must NOT have more than 1 VEC Div 1 driver signed up.

That means that every driver in VEC Div 2 or 3 is allowd to drive in VLMS, together with other drivers from Div 2 or 3
I'm looking at my options for teammates, but how will I be able to form a team when the devisions are not final yet in the VEC for most teams. For example I think our lmp2 car in VEC has a chance at being put in div1, but they are provisionally div2. I guess an entry with one of them will be invalid if they'd be put in div1?
Thanks

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking at my options for teammates, but how will I be able to form a team when the devisions are not final yet in the VEC for most teams. For example I think our lmp2 car in VEC has a chance at being put in div1, but they are provisionally div2. I guess an entry with one of them will be invalid if they'd be put in div1?
Thanks
An entry with 2 Div1 drivers will be invalid yes, so if this happens you will simply need to change the line up ;)

Yuri Kasdorp

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
An entry with 2 Div1 drivers will be invalid yes, so if this happens you will simply need to change the line up ;)
Ah that's a bit unconveniant. To sign up you need the vlms pass and in case they'll make div1, all 3 of us would need to find a team without div1 driver yet to even make use of the season pass.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Its the best we can do, we could lock the VEC divisions as we think they are close to correct, but i´d also like for teams to be able to prove themselves.
You dont NEED to have the VLMS pass right away, but well when you already have VEC season pass it is "just" 5 euros, but its up to you how you will want to do this i guess.

Miguel Santiago Carou

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
Raijin would've preferred to enter in P2, but as they are closed, we signed up with me in the GT and we'll confirm the rest of the line up asap.

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Hi!
Im checking the calendar for vlms, says race 1 is sept30 on indy and server is on estoril but i dont see any preaseason topic, will there be a pre season testraace? ty

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Hi!
Im checking the calendar for vlms, says race 1 is sept30 on indy and server is on estoril but i dont see any preaseason topic, will there be a pre season testraace? ty
Its correct first race is on Sept 30th at Indy, there WONT be any pre season / pre q/ testrace or some ;)

Niclas Porbadnik

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
is there a "open" practice server for people who are licensed but not signed up by a team ?

cheers

EDIT:
i found it myself :D
yes there is

sorry :)

Linus Lundvall

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Rule 3.3 says "Drivers may not deliberately use (team) cars to slipstream. If they do, the car will forfeit their qualification." Does that mean that it only applies to team cars or do you need to leave a gap to the car infront at all times?

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Rule 3.3 says "Drivers may not deliberately use (team) cars to slipstream. If they do, the car will forfeit their qualification." Does that mean that it only applies to team cars or do you need to leave a gap to the car infront at all times?
We added that when 2 cars deliberately help each other on track, which means you are not allowd to slow down with a P2 to help a GT with your draft etc