What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VLMS - Season 2

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Virtual Le Mans Series (hereafter VLMS) is a mirror of the European Le Mans Series, but running tracks feeding the VEC.

Mod:
UnitedRacingDesigns EGT and UPX payware mod.

Game:
Obviously this is rFactor 2 - and we will use latest build as much as possible, unless any critical issues in a build. Using Steam is mandetory, as our files are being shared through the workshop.

There is no signup fee for teams.

Season pass:
Each driver must purchase the VLMS season pass, the season pass is 10 euros and must be done through the forum. You are able to buy this for a friend, however you must contact administration first!* You wont be able to buy the season pass unless you are URD Licensed. If you already have the VEC Season pass (or the other way around) there is a discount of 5 euro on either season pass.

Required license:
To be able to sign up a team (only as manager) you do not need a license Drivers however must have at least L4 - and each team must NOT have more than 1 VEC Div 1 driver signed up.

Teams forum:
A new thing this season is that each manager is able to make a "Group" in each group you can setup test events (planning), share setups and have your own team forum. Privacy settings so only your team is able to see the files and forum. However everyone is able to see your team frontpage.

Max drivers and teams:
40 teams (preferably 20 in each class) Each team can be up to 5 drivers and 1 reserve.

Classes:
LM-P2
- This is the shortest step to the premium class (LMP2 or LMP1 at VEC), so you have to put in significant amount of practice, when you want to drive in VEC or LMP1 in the future.
LM-GT - its just as demanding as the other LM-P2. Finese and a talent for letting faster cars by.

Broadcasts:
We will provide live coverage of ourVLMS race

Opens August 19th at 15:00 CEST After this date we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers should by then already have the VLMS Season Pass.

Skin submission:
Will close September 16th at 15:00 CEST

* We have opted to change the sign up fee to individuels instead, many teams have asked for a way to split the "bill"
On top of this we want to introduce trophies to winners and we also would like to evolve our pages and get them to be even more interactive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Let's say we need an extra driver from our VLMS academy team mid season and sign him/her up to the VEC team - Would that mean we would have to get a replacement driver, since the other driver is now also L1 or 2?

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Let's say we need an extra driver from our VLMS academy team mid season and sign him/her up to the VEC team - Would that mean we would have to get a replacement driver, since the other driver is now also L1 or 2?
Ye thats right, only 1 L1 or L2 driver is allowd, so if you move up an VLMS acadamy driver, it means you have to replace him with another L4 or L3 driver or simply remove the other L1 or L2 driver

Alessio Ricci

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
One question about the schedule: the pre season race at Estoril is scheduled on 19th August, 1 hour after the sign up opening.
Is it right?

Ps: great choice of tracks, it seems to be an outstanding championship! Thanks for your job @Bernd Schmidt

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
One question about the schedule: the pre season race at Estoril is scheduled on 19th August, 1 hour after the sign up opening.
Is it right?

Ps: great choice of tracks, it seems to be an outstanding championship! Thanks for your job @Bernd Schmidt
There is no PreSeason race - this is simply a placeholder, as Estoril is a preseason test track.

Linus Lundvall

SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Do you need to be pressent the 19th to compete in the VLMS? I can't make it but I can make all the other dates!

Niclas Porbadnik

SRC Season pass
Reaction score
is every driver l4 (or above) , urd licensed and having the vlms pass purchased allowed to join the servers, even if they are not assigned on a team ?
cheers

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
is every driver l4 (or above) , urd licensed and having the vlms pass purchased allowed to join the servers, even if they are not assigned on a team ?
cheers
No. Heres an explanation
Once you are URD Licensed you can choose to buy either VLMS or VEC season pass. This pass will reveal a part of the forum (VLMS or VEC Season pass) which is where the mod files are located and in the case of VEC also the Test server. But Division 1 and Division 2 servers are ONLY visable for L1/L2 drivers.
For VLMS - there is just one server, which obviously closely follows VEC schedule.
So, as you might see already - you dont see either VLMS Licensed forum OR the VLMS Season pass forum.

Niclas Porbadnik

SRC Season pass
Reaction score
ok thanks :)
i just asked for the following scenario:
we put up an academy team and try to help them develope a setup. so is asked if we have the pass we are allowed to practice with them.

and the starting post says
Season pass:
If you already have the VEC Season pass (or the other way around) there is a discount of 5 euro on either season pass.

thats why i am confused :D

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
ok thanks :)
i just asked for the following scenario:
we put up an academy team and try to help them develope a setup. so is asked if we have the pass we are allowed to practice with them.

and the starting post says
Season pass:
If you already have the VEC Season pass (or the other way around) there is a discount of 5 euro on either season pass.

thast why i am confused :D
Academy team, well perhaps we would get the VEC test server availble for VLMS season pass guys, that way it can be used for both VLMS and VEC drivers.
But yes - if you have the VEC season pass the VLMS season pass is just 5 euro´s

Niclas Porbadnik

SRC Season pass
Reaction score
It would be great to habe a possibility to practice together. But only one L1 driver per VLMS team is allowed as far as i know.
So our plan was (in case we enter VLMS) to buy 2 or 3 guys from pur VEC team a VLMS pass and help our academy team out. But then we would need to be allowed to join the server without being assigned at the academy car

Linus Lundvall

SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Is there a practice server yet? I can see one in the rFactor 2 server list but I can't find a password for it.

Andrea Crespi

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
hi guys, last time i tried on estoril some days ago i've noticed that traction control is allowed only on low (if i'm not taking the wrong pills :-D ), in season 1 was usable at medium too, is it right? is this the situation for the season or only for the test track?