What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to Virtual Le Mans Series - Season 1

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Virtual Le Mans Series (hereafter VLMS) is a mirror of the European Le Mans Series.

Depends on the race length, please review the race rules

Mod:
UnitedRacingDesigns EGT and UPX payware mod. Until Enduracers release their endurance mod, and then we will add the prototypes.

Classes:
2 classes: LM-P2 and LM-GT

Game:
Obviously this is rFactor 2 - and we will use latest build as much as possible, unless any critical issues in a build. Using Steam is mandetory, as our files are being shared through the workshop.

Max teams:
40, to be able to provide a solid and perfect experience. We will use VLMS as a feeder series and invite teams into VEC.

When and if the limit is reached, we will have to close the signup, if you signed up team number 41 and above, you will be able to be on a standby list.

When sign up opens we will have:
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN THE FORUM AND SIGN UP - THERE IS A FORMAL PROCESS BEFORE YOU CAN SIGN UP HERE

Schedule:
You can find the schedule here: https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?pages/vlmsschedule/

LM-P2 - This is the shortest step to the premium class (LMP2 or LMP1 at VEC), so you have to put in significant amount of practice, when you want to drive in VEC or LMP1 in the future.

LM-GT - this is the premium GT class, we would suggest only signing up to this class if your team has significant time to practice and/or is a top notch driver.

Broadcasts:
We will provide live coverage of our races

Opens 24.09.2016

To be able to provide you with top notch servers, broadcast, livetiming, webserver and file sharing we need to have a small fee. VLMS sign up fee is very low - €10 per entry (per car).

Last edited:

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Hi Bernd

Any idea what the start time GMT the races will be run? Apologies if I missed this info, only time I can see mentioned is in game time.

Thanks in advance

Hi Bernd

Any idea what the start time GMT the races will be run? Apologies if I missed this info, only time I can see mentioned is in game time.

Thanks in advance
Currently it's 14:00, it's probably not explained on the forum but it's edited on the rules.
Expect q to run from 13:00

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
There were a poll for race day, saturday won ? :oops:
There wasn't a poll for it, we've decided that we'll race saturday same like VEC, cause everybody has the sunday for the family and it isn't so hard when you've to drive during the night (related to the location where you live).

Well. Thanks for the part of the world that work saturday. :)
No problem, we cant make everyone happy and make sure it works for everyone. We would if we could, but sometimes we simply need to pick a day, which also can work for us. I cant make it for all the races as well, since i also work saturdays - but i´ve managed to work around this every single VEC race ;)

the Sebring Race is on 15th February which is a Wednesday ;)
I´ll get Bernd to give me the correct date, i suspect its the 18th :)

No problem, we cant make everyone happy and make sure it works for everyone. We would if we could, but sometimes we simply need to pick a day, which also can work for us. I cant make it for all the races as well, since i also work saturdays - but i´ve managed to work around this every single VEC race ;)
Well, considering that VEC is already saturday, and some people can't work it around like you are doing (hire me so I can do the same !), I was surprised by the fact the only endurance community on rF2 will continue to host race on saturday only. Even with two series.
Just my point, it's not an attack (I know for a fact that I always make it sound negative, sorry) it's just a point of view, if people like me doesn't say so, we will never (okay, appart from after a 9h shift, going into the night in sebring & le mans, if the car is still running) have to do endurance race on rF2... :/

Radek Sirc

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
The VLMS serie is announced like feeder championship to VEC. If I understand it correctly, it should be primarily intended for pilots, who these races will prepare to entry to VEC. Something like first step... Correct me, if I´m wrong.
Therefore I would like to ask, if applications to VLMS are limited only for pilots, who are not registered in VEC simultaneously. Especially in situation, when interest about entry to VEC was so over the capacity of both rooms of VEC and many peoples are waiting for possibility to racing at any serie on servers by simracing.club, it would be very logical in my opinion.

The VLMS serie is announced like feeder championship to VEC. If I understand it correctly, it should be primarily intended for pilots, who these races will prepare to entry to VEC. Something like first step... Correct me, if I´m wrong.
Therefore I would like to ask, if applications to VLMS are limited only for pilots, who are not registered in VEC simultaneously. Especially in situation, when interest about entry to VEC was so over the capacity of both rooms of VEC and many peoples are waiting for possibility to racing at any serie on servers by simracing.club, it would be very logical in my opinion.
We´ve discussed that teams that have 2 entries in VEC should wait for a period of time, but if you want to race in the series - make sure to sign up when the actual sign up opens. The sooner the better.

Radek Sirc

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
OK. When exactly will the signups open? I mean the exact time on 24th of September... Sorry, I can´t find it anywhere now.

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Here is the official date til when you've to submit your Skins. ;) More informations here

Final deadline is October 15th at 17:00 (CET)