What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to Virtual Le Mans Cup

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
The Virtual Le Mans Cup (hereafter VLMC) is the first stepping stone into your Simracing.club endurance racing career.

Top 20 positions in each class will score points - see VLMC rules for the full points structure (rules are currently under review, expect an update in the near future) .

Mod:
We will be using the Norma M30 from official Studio 397 endurance pack and the GT3 challengers pack

Cars:
LM-P3 Norma M30
LM-GT3
Audi R8 LMS
LM-GT3 Aston Martin Vantage
LM-GT3 BMW M6
LM-GT3 McLaren 720s
LM-GT3 Porsche 911

Season Pass:

Similar to previous seasons we require all drivers to obtain a season pass, this is to cover expenses to a growing server farm, plugins, commentators, upgrades and other unforeseen updates.

The season pass can be purchased here - once you are signed up to a confirmed car in the series this will give you access to the VLMC workshop, practice/race server and the teamspeak server.

NEW: You are able to gift this to a friend, go to the bottom of the account upgrade page and enter the person into the search box. Hit proceed and then choose the pass he/she should get.

The VLMC pass is available for purchase now.

Sign-Up Fee:
No sign up fee per car

Required License:
Managers are not required to have a license to sign up a team. However, the team manager cannot race unless they have a license.
Drivers must have at least License 4 (L4).

Pre-Season:
A preseason race will be held on the 28th of September at Silverstone - watch this forum for details, they will be released soon.

Max Drivers and Teams:
40-45 teams.
There will be a limit on cars per class
LMP3 - 20 cars
GT3 - 25 cars

Each team can have up to five drivers and one reserve driver.

Team Manager Committee:
We will set up a special forum for team managers

Prizes:
25% of the entry fee will be used to the winners of each category.

VEC Div 1 Le Mans 24H wild card entries
LMP3 champions - 1 x LMP2 entry
GT3 champions - 1 x GTE entry

At least one driver from the champion winning car must participate in the wild card entry or the entry will go to the next highest placed car.

Classes:
LM-P3 - Will be based on 2020 regulations and will therefore have increased hp over the original S397 Norma and the use of traction control will be enabled. This is the premier class. You must be prepared to make multiple overtakes per lap on slower cars without putting others in danger. You must learn the art of timing your passes to lessen your time loss without affecting the races of others.

LM-GT3 - You need to make sure you can handle traffic, one can argue this is the harder class, minimal setup options and a faster class on track.

Broadcasts:
We will provide live coverage

Sign-Up:
Opens August 18th at 12:00 CEST.
After this date, we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers will be required to have the Season Pass by this point.

Once a class reaches the sign up limit (either LMP3 or GT3) teams will no longer be able to sign up to that class. If you have submitted a sign up for a specific class after the limit has been reached but before administration have had the chance to lock that class, you will be given the option to switch classes or withdraw your entry

Livery Submission:
Will close 8th of September at 18:00 CEST.
We do NOT allow any fake sponsorships on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
Follow albedo rules (basic: don't use RGB below 10, 10, 10 or above 220, 220, 220) (on each template there is a layer for this, place anything below this layer!)
Do not resize templates (2048x2048)

Standard Race Schedule:
14:55 - Server reboot
15:00 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:20 - All cars must be on the server - and stay there
15:30 - Qualifying (private)
15:50 - Warmup
16:00 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap - class leader should leave 5 second gap to the quicker class)
16:05 - Green flag, when any part of you car is aligned with the the start/finish line - so in other terms, when YOU cross s/f line

Last edited:

Bill Worrel

Reaction score
So if I wanted to sign up a team, I would need to supply the names of at least 2 drivers on the team? Do those drivers have to have a license 4 or higher at the time of sign up?

Do those drivers have to actually exist? ;)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
So if I wanted to sign up a team, I would need to supply the names of at least 2 drivers on the team? Do those drivers have to have a license 4 or higher at the time of sign up?

Do those drivers have to actually exist? ;)
Yes drivers needs to have L4 upon sign up

Nico Barclay

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
few doubts
Are races not gonna be cancelled cause pit slots werent planned before runing the server?
is the race director going iracing during the race?
any sub par tracks with sticky walls in the schedule?
any inconsistence in penalties planned? :p

this gt3 pack is the least bop´d thing in rf2 i suggest u all pick the Aston

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
few doubts
Are races not gonna be cancelled cause pit slots werent planned before runing the server?

I´d like to remind people (not on discord) that we have a new rule coming about Griefing, go read up on it ;)
Suprice, if you have not seen the schedule, VLMC does not use poorly made 3pa tracks. VLMC uses VEC tracks, ever had an issue with them?

There is BOP planned, and we can easily add BOP on cars if we want too.

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Have you any clue at which time the races will start?
Hi Stefan

This season race starts will be 1600. If this changes at all it would move back to the traditional 1700, but plan for 1600 at this time.
few doubts

Hi Nico

No none of the above is planned, I won't promise the season will be perfect as $hit happens but I'll give it my best to make it run as smooth as possible.

And yes as Jimmi mentioned the schedule is out, we will only be running on official tracks and match the VEC calendar and yes if a car has distinct advantage we will do in-house bop with in reason, this would need to be based on consistent evidence that a car is op, I will not just penalise teams for doing a job.

Cheers

Shawn

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Just to add to the post above re balance of performance as I'd really prefer for this not to be Aston Martin cup

As it stands without any changes to bop being provided by s397 I would expect that the Aston will receive a slight weight gain and to a lesser extent the 720. This would only be minor in the realm of 5 to 10 kg to begin with as the last thing I want is to completely nerf a car either.

Hopefully we get s397 bop in the near future anyway.

So please sign up with the car you enjoy driving the most not just the current fastest as this can always change as parity is the ultimate goal.

Simon Scott

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
One question I have, are we able to buy the season pass after we have signed up and know we have a spot, with sign ups being limited I dont want to pay for a pass for a season that I wont get chance to race in?

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
One question I have, are we able to buy the season pass after we have signed up and know we have a spot, with sign ups being limited I dont want to pay for a pass for a season that I wont get chance to race in?
Hi Simon

It would be preferable that all drivers have their pass prior to signing up but we understand as there are limited spots drivers may not wish to purchase the pass until they are certain of an entry, so we will allow 24 hours from the time sign up goes live for the pass to be obtained. Any cars with drivers without a pass after this deadline will have their entry removed.

Thanks

Shawn

Reaction score
Hello guys, i have to unsubscribe to VLMS workshop but i cant find the link anymore.... Can someone help me? My steam is still downloading contents....

Adam Karkuszewski

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
I cant sign up even i have deluxe pass + both drivers have passes for vlmc....

Richard Blokker

VLMC season pass
Reaction score
What is prefered way to change car? I did choose the Porsche during signup, but we did'nt decided yet.

Danilo Smeriglio

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
One question: but is the P3 that will be used in the league already available?