What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VEC Season 11

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jimmi Allison Looks like the live timing is down on VEC Div 1, don't think it came online at all when the server was started. (understand this probably can't be looked at till next week, so just for info) cheers.

1536878704847.png

Mikko Korkiakoski

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
So it seems that P3s have the low aero package available for indy. This makes them very fast on the straights and makes passing them very difficult in the P2. Depending on setups you might not even be able to pass them on the straights because they're simply faster. I think P2/GTE should be able to use low aero as well (or P3s back to normal) or this will be a very problematic race with long trains forming behind P3s. So the engine upgrade coupled with low aero makes the car a bit OP on the straights vs other classes.

Last edited:

Jordy Zwiers

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
So it seems that P3s have the low aero package available for indy. This makes them very fast on the straights and makes passing them very difficult in the P2. Depending on setups you might not even be able to pass them on the straights because they're simply faster. I think P2/GTE should be able to use low aero as well (or P3s back to normal) or this will be a very problematic race with long trains forming behind P3s. So the engine upgrade coupled with low aero makes the car a bit OP on the straights vs other classes.
In silverstone they were topping out with gearing on the back straight with the high downforce package, so I guess medium would be the best selection as this has longer gears then high downforce but is not as fast in a straight as the low downforce package

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
So it seems that P3s have the low aero package available for indy. This makes them very fast on the straights and makes passing them very difficult in the P2. Depending on setups you might not even be able to pass them on the straights because they're simply faster. I think P2/GTE should be able to use low aero as well (or P3s back to normal) or this will be a very problematic race with long trains forming behind P3s.
I wouldn't say we need GTE to go any faster in a straight line, they don't need to worry about overtaking any classes, so it will actually be nice for us to not have as hard of a time as normal to get past. P3 we definitely need it as we don't have the ability to change gear ratios, we only get tall gearing with low downforce kit. On standard we max out at 270 half way down the straight. :)

What sort of straight line speed are you hitting in the P2?

Mikko Korkiakoski

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
I wouldn't say we need GTE to go any faster in a straight line, they don't need to worry about overtaking any classes, so it will actually be nice for us to not have as hard of a time as normal to get past. P3 we definitely need it as we don't have the ability to change gear ratios, we only get tall gearing with low downforce kit. On standard we max out at 270 half way down the straight. :)

What sort of straight line speed are you hitting in the P2?
Yeah the problem is that the P2s with normal aero aren't too fast on that straight. If we could use the low aero too then it would not be an issue passing P3s. You can test the top speed of P2 yourself. I can't discuss setup secrets here. :D

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jordy Zwiers gearing on medium had same top speed as high. Top 271. (I think they may even be exactly the same gear ratios from memory. Would have to check)

We'd be slower then GTE.

If P2 can hit over 296 then you might be okay, especially with an acceleration advantage.

Edit also see your point @Mikko Korkiakoski though that using low aero kit on the P2 would just make it a lot more straightforward, fair call.

Just please no low aero for GTs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Alistair Long

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jordy Zwiers gearing on medium had same top speed as high. Top 271. (I think they may even be exactly the same gear ratios from memory. Would have to check)

We'd be slower then GTE.

If P2 can hit over 296 then you might be okay, especially with an acceleration advantage.

Edit also see your point @Mikko Korkiakoski though that using low aero kit on the P2 would just make it a lot more straightforward, fair call.

Just please no low aero for GTs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Giving the aero kit to P2 would make the whole grid safer. Less time we are near each other the better.

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
What's the trace log command line again? I can't seem to find where it was posted.