What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VEC Season 11

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
The Virtual Endurance Championship (hereafter VEC) is the official rFactor 2 Endurance Championship

ComingtoVEC.png

Points will be scaled to the length of the event.

Mod:
We will be using the official Studio 397 endurance pack

Cars:
LM-P2
Oreca 07
LM-P3 Norma M30
LM-GTE BMW M8 GTE
LM-GTE Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
LM-GTE Porsche 911 RSR

Season Pass:
To cover expenses to the growing server farm, plugins, commentators and further upgrades, each driver must purchase either the VEC Season Pass or our SRC Season Pass
The SRC season pass will cover all series, special events and anything SRC is hosting. Price is 20 (VEC) 10 (VLMS) or 25 (SRC) euros and must be done through the forum. You are able to buy this for a friend, however you must contact administration staff!*
They are ready for purchase now.

Required License:
  • Managers is not require to have a license to sign up a team. However, the team manager cannot race unless they have a license.
  • Drivers must have at least License 4 (L4).
Divisions:
Multiple divisions will be used if we are oversubscribed. The entries into each division will be determined by previous results, on and off-track behaviour, ratings and pre-season performance.

Pre-Season:
There will be several mandatory practice sessions and a Pre-Season race, to ensure we make the correct decisions with the divisions.
However, teams with the following results in S10 have secured spots in S11 Division 1.

Top 3 in D1 LMP1, LMP2 and LMGTE.
Top 2 in D2 LMP1, LMP2 and LMGTE.

The champions in each class from S10 Division 3 are guaranteed, at a minimum, a place in Division 2.

You are only guaranteed your spot in a higher division if you sign up in the same class you competed in during S10. For S11, read P1 = P2, P2 = P3, GT = GTE.
If you decide to compete in another class, you still have the chance of earning a spot in a higher division based on past performance, conduct and pre-season performance.
Should one of these teams not sign up, then the spot will be available for any other car the administration believes is capable of competing in a higher division.

Max Drivers and Teams:
Each division can hold between 41-43 teams (to be confirmed).
Each team can have up to five drivers and one reserve driver.

Team Manager Committee:
We will set up a special forum for team managers

Prizes:
Winner in each class, in D1, will receive a trophy.
Right now we are working on something else, which we cant say - perhaps this will go through.

Classes:
LM-P2
- This is the premier class. You must be prepared to make multiple overtakes per lap on slower cars without putting others in danger. You must learn the art of timing your passes to lessen your time loss without affecting the races of others.
LM-P3 - This is the shortest step to the premier class. However, we do not encourage new drivers/teams to enter as a starting point. You will need the ability to pass slower cars and allow faster cars by. These are two critical skills for being safe and successful in multi-class racing.
LM-GTE - This class is the slowest of the 3. However, it is just as demanding as the other 2 classes, with less grip and a need to keep an eye on your mirrors. Spatial awareness and an ability to allow other cars to pass with minimal time loss are critical skills.

Broadcasts:
We will provide live coverage of our Division 1 race (and Division 2 if we get help). Reminder: other games are doing the same thing with only broadcasts for top split being available. However, we are open to providing a stream if people come forward and want to help.
I will be donating 50% to a 2nd Broadcast PC, however this will require a few things.

Sign-Up:
Opens August 4th at 15:00 CEST.
After this date, we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers will be required to have the Season Pass by this point.

Sign-Up Fee:
There is no sign-up fee for teams.

Livery Submission:
Will close 25 August at 15:00 CEST.
  • We do NOT allow any fake sponsorships on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
  • Follow albedo rules (basic: don't use RGB below 10, 10, 10 or above 210, 210, 210)
  • Do not resize templates (4096x4096)
  • Do not change alpha layer (this is optimized for broadcast)

Last edited:

Jan Studenski

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Awesome @Jimmi Allison, looking so forward to it :) YEAY

Regarding financing a 2nd Broadcast PC:
How about making an additional widget (Broadcast PC Donation Target)
and perk to buy (ie. 5€ Donation for additional Broadcast PC)?
I would be ready to put 5€ in for an additional broadcast PC, even if I would land in D3

Question about Livery:
  • We do NOT allow any fake sponsorships on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
Can we use the sponsors that are on the official cars livery?

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Can we use the sponsors that are on the official cars livery?
The official cars liveries are licensed and have permission to use those, your team dont.
So when we are broadcasting we cant have "fake" sponsorships.

How about making an additional widget (Broadcast PC Donation Target)
I dont think this is needed, as im putting in half and rest will simply be used from season pass (which is also why we had to bump it - among other things - you will see :p )

Sherwin vd Sloot

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
I had hoped the GT3 pack would be incorporated at some way... Ah well.

Have to say though, seeing the season pass go up to 20, and paying 15 for the pack... Feels a bit :confused: much :confused:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
I had hoped the GT3 pack would be incorporated at some way... Ah well.

Have to say though, seeing the season pass go up to 20, and paying 15 for the pack... Feels a bit :confused: much :confused:
VEC wont use GT3´s maybe somewhere else ;)
Thats fair enough, we are not forcing you, but we want to be able to pay expenses. Just remember what you get (5 dedicated servers: 24/7 servers, broadcast with comms in D1, broadcast without comms in D2)

Manuel Marsili

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Good news.
Unfortunately for me, I'm thinking of taking a one year stop, after the overly disappointing S10 (by not my fault). Eventually, if I finally get to build a new and more powerfull PC I might give help with something else, but take this very light atm. Still not decided to what to do.

Tonga Guardia

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
If you are planning a special championship with only GT3 pack, please think about not european drivers, and run it in a day (saturday, sunday) we can all race, or maybe in the midnight of europe from monday to friday :D

Sherwin vd Sloot

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Thats fair enough, we are not forcing you, but we want to be able to pay expenses. Just remember what you get (5 dedicated servers: 24/7 servers, broadcast with comms in D1, broadcast without comms in D2)
I knew it would be asking a lot to incorporate the GT3 in VEC as well, though it could have been an IMSA style thing (2017, LMP2, LMPC, GTLM, GTD). Hehe :)

I do understand there are expenses, naturally. I just didn't expect it to go up from last year, even more so seeing the amount of teams we had :oops:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
If you are planning a special championship with only GT3 pack, please think about not european drivers, and run it in a day (saturday, sunday) we can all race, or maybe in the midnight of europe from monday to friday :D
Im not - simply for a few events. However the official comps will for sure use these ;)