What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VEC - Season 10

Jacob Pegg

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
I'm a newly licensed 4 and signed up for VEC on the P2 126 Satellite Racing team car in D3. However, I don't have access to many forum threads and server info. What am I missing?

I'm a newly licensed 4 and signed up for VEC on the P2 126 Satellite Racing team car in D3. However, I don't have access to many forum threads and server info. What am I missing?
Your team manager should sign you up - since he signed you up before you earned that license, you have never been apart of the team.

Can we get an "up to date" of the season 10 sign up list?
There is so lonely on the Practice server:)
When i get to it yes, it wont hurry up the process to post again.
Expect 0-48 hours before any updates are done - please remember that other things also needs attention.

Linus Lundvall

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Now that there are 20 LM-GT cars signed up in division 3 (and maybe some more teams will be moved), will LMP sign up open again, or will it stay the same?

Now that there are 20 LM-GT cars signed up in division 3 (and maybe some more teams will be moved), will LMP sign up open again, or will it stay the same?
I don’t expect that to happen - we don’t want to bring new drivers in higher divisions right now. But then again anything can happen, we need to get the reviews done - but we are heading into 3 major races now and we don’t want to add teams we do not know - who potentially can ruin other teams championships.

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Just a question about the licenses.
Where can we read about how to progress from license 4?
Are all drivers entering division 3 automatically also License 3, and so forth?

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Just a question about the licenses.
Where can we read about how to progress from license 4?
Are all drivers entering division 3 automatically also License 3, and so forth?
After you've finished one season of SRCA you'll get promoted to License 5, then you can sign up for VLMS and VEC, which will give you the license which is needed, as long as you got the season pass and you're URD licensed. Hope that explains it

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
After you've finished one season of SRCA you'll get promoted to License 5, then you can sign up for VLMS and VEC, which will give you the license which is needed, as long as you got the season pass and you're URD licensed. Hope that explains it
Thx m8. (I guess you mean License 4 though, before signing up, right?)
Are teams placed in the Divisions by the adminitration (leaving the best racers to battle eachother) or can anyone sign up for all divisions? (providing signup is open ofcourse)

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Thx m8. (I guess you mean License 4 though, before signing up, right?)
Are teams placed in the Divisions by the adminitration (leaving the best racers to battle eachother) or can anyone sign up for all divisions? (providing signup is open ofcourse)
Ye L4, misstyped there :D

If you're signed up by an D1 team you'll race in D1, if its not gone well, stewards and administration will make decissions if needed ;) If you'll sign up your own team, then it's only available for D3

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Ye L4, misstyped there :D

If you're signed up by an D1 team you'll race in D1, if its not gone well, stewards and administration will make decissions if needed ;) If you'll sign up your own team, then it's only available for D3
Ok, thx a lot for taking the time to explain

edit: What about teams? How are they promoted through the divisions? (ex. top 3 automatically joins next division, or whatever)

Ok, thx a lot for taking the time to explain

edit: What about teams? How are they promoted through the divisions? (ex. top 3 automatically joins next division, or whatever)
That all depends on how they have performed, this is an allround thing. Penalties, behaviour (everywhere), driving standard, points and ofcause the line up they will bring. Some teams split up and form new teams, but sometimes they are just good enough to go straight into D1.
But we do look at the top of the standings for promotions, though as i said, there is much more too it.

Morten Faarup

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
That all depends on how they have performed, this is an allround thing. Penalties, behaviour (everywhere), driving standard, points and ofcause the line up they will bring. Some teams split up and form new teams, but sometimes they are just good enough to go straight into D1.
But we do look at the top of the standings for promotions, though as i said, there is much more too it.
Sure, thx for the feedback m8.

Carlos Santos

SRCA director
VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Hi,

Quick question since I'm can't find official info on this.
How line-up changes are accounted? I know that 6 are the limit but I'm unsure if "1 form filled" = 1 change, since that in a single form I can add 2 drivers and remove other 2 for instance.
I mean, if I add 2 drivers and remove 2 drivers in a single post this is considered a single change under 1.7.3? Or how it works?

Thanks

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Hi,

Quick question since I'm can't find official info on this.
How line-up changes are accounted? I know that 6 are the limit but I'm unsure if "1 form filled" = 1 change, since that in a single form I can add 2 drivers and remove other 2 for instance.
I mean, if I add 2 drivers and remove 2 drivers in a single post this is considered a single change under 1.7.3? Or how it works?

Thanks
Each post counts as ONE change no matter how much you change there.

Carlos Santos

SRCA director
VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Thanks for the quick reply :)

A final doubt that came up about this :oops:, if I want to move a driver from car A to car B how should I do it:

Remove driver from car A and then add driver to Car B (it will count one change per car)
or
Simply add driver to Car B will be enough (one change for Car B)

Thanks and sorry but I have to make sure I don't screw up my changes :barefoot:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Thanks for the quick reply :)

A final doubt that came up about this :oops:, if I want to move a driver from car A to car B how should I do it:

Remove driver from car A and then add driver to Car B (it will count one change per car)
or
Simply add driver to Car B will be enough (one change for Car B)

Thanks and sorry but I have to make sure I don't screw up my changes :barefoot:
1. Remove the driver from car A (will count as one change to car A)
2. Add the driver to car B (will coint as one change to car B)

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Is a person only able to be a reserve driver for one car?
Reserve drivers are also an option as the last seasons yes, keep in mind that the reserve driver is not allowed to start a race

1.7.1 Only main drivers can start the car, new drivers are not allowed, unless permission is given by stewards.
1.7.2 Reserve drivers are expected to follow 11.5.1 (minimum 50 laps has to be recorded on Race FLT)
1.7.4 Each team is allowed a registered reserve driver, which may not be registered to any other team or car.