What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to VEC - Season 10

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Virtual Endurance Championship (hereafter VEC) is a mirror of the World Endurance Championship.

Mod:

UnitedRacingDesigns EGT and UPX payware mod.

Game:
Obviously this is rFactor 2 - and we will use latest build as much as possible, unless any critical issues in a build. Using Steam is mandetory, as our files are being shared through the workshop.

There is no signup fee for teams.

Season pass:
Each driver must purchase the VEC season pass, the season pass is 15 euros and must be done through the forum. You are able to buy this for a friend, however you must contact administration staff!*
You wont be able to buy the season pass unless you are URD Licensed.

Required license:
To be able to sign up a team (only as manager) you do not need a license
Drivers however must have at least L4 - however L1, L2, L3 will have a bigger chance going into Division 1.

Teams forum
A new thing this season is that each manager is able to make a "Group" in each group you can setup test events (planning), share setups and have your own team forum. Privacy settings so only your team is able to see the files and forum. However everyone is able to see your team frontpage.

Divisions:
Instead of the formerly known "rooms". Divisions will now be used instead, divisions is a way to distinguish the different races, Division 1 will be the "top split"
Each winner of each Divisions will get a Trophy sent to them from SRC.

PreQualifying:
There will be a mandatory PreQ race before the season gets underway, this is to help judge the signed up teams. Obviously we have a lot of data which we will base our judgement on - but the race will also be used to sort out the faster and safer teams. The administration can use the data to sort out the divisions before, but the final entry list will be done after this event.
Top 3 in "Room 1" and Top 2 in "Room 2" each class has automaticly qualifed into Division 1 in season 10. That means that one entry is secured in VEC Division 1 - these teams are secure:
LM-P1: Team Vires, VELES SimSport, Doug Henson Racing, Team RGPL(*) Black Hawk Racing
LM-P2: Seawolf NetRace, Atlantic Motorsport, Flatline Racing, Simtech, FEEDER Ragnar Simulator
LM-GT: VELES SimSport, Dark Racing, Simracing For Holland, Black Hawk Racing, Pulse Motorsport
Should one of these teams not sign up, then the spot will be availible for any other car the administration see fit and/or do well in PreQ race.

Max drivers and teams:
Each division can hold between 41-43 teams (still not confirmed yet).
Each team can be up to 5 drivers and 1 reserve.

When sign up opens:
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN THE FORUM AND SIGN UP - THERE IS A FORMAL PROCESS AND ONLY THE BEST WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN VEC

Classes:
LM-P1
- This is the premium class, this is not a plug-and-play car, it demands a lot of awareness and this will likely cause issues if you are not a safe driver.
LM-P2 - This is the shortest step to the premium class, however we do not encourage new drivers/team to enter this class - unless they agree to put in a significant amount of practice.
GTE-Pro - this class is the slowest of the 3, however its just as demanding as the other 2 classes. Finese and a talent for letting faster cars by.

Broadcasts:
We will provide live coverage of our DIVISION 1 race, this will also include an all-race-onboard from a team which has been picked before the race.

Opens August 5th at 15:00 CEST
After this date we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers should by then already have the VEC Season Pass.

Skin submission:
Will close 26 august at 15:00 CEST

* We have opted to change the sign up fee to individuels instead, many teams have asked for a way to split the "bill"
On top of this we want to introduce trophies to winners and we also would like to evolve our pages and get them to be even more interactive.

Last edited:

Lukas Sramek

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Hello,
When is it necessary for a pilot to pay a VEC fee? Is it possible after point 3 of the sign up procedure (receiving PM from the VEC management)? Or is it necessary before registration pilot to the championship?
Thank you and apologize for my English...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Hello,
When is it necessary for a pilot to pay a VEC fee? Is it possible after point 3 of the sign up procedure (receiving PM from the VEC management)? Or is it necessary before registration pilot to the championship?
Thank you and apologize for my English...
Before sign up please, that way i dont have to contact drivers/managers etc. So teams with drivers with season pass will be easier to manage, will they even get a head start - yeah, as they are pretty much ready to go.

Tobias Lange

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
You are able to buy this for a friend, however you must contact administration staff!
Do I have to contact staff too, if my paypal account email and the forum email are different? Or do I have to be more patient? (I bought the season pass yesterday)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Do I have to contact staff too, if my paypal account email and the forum email are different? Or do I have to be more patient? (I bought the season pass yesterday)
From paypal on your payment:
Paypal said:
We’re taking a closer look at this payment. This type of additional review is required for certain payments and normally takes up to 24 hours. Don’t ship the item(s) until we tell you it’s ok.
The forum waits for the "call-back" from paypal - once it gets it, it will "upgrade" your account.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
But yes a few more hours of patience would have worked :p
PayPal said:
Dear Jimmi Allison,
We have completed our payment review and have cleared the transaction below. You may proceed to process the order.
And i can see your upgrade on the forum has gone through :)

Luke Walsh

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
What happens if, hypothetically, 48 teams sign up and only 45 are able to race in the server so 3 teams of drivers have paid but don't get in? Will refunds be issued?

Thanks

What happens if, hypothetically, 48 teams sign up and only 45 are able to race in the server so 3 teams of drivers have paid but don't get in? Will refunds be issued?

Thanks
Sorry, i cant go through all scenarios ;) but if 48 teams sign up the rest will be offered a VLMS spot.

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Do the signup template work with smartphones? Can you upload the logo directly or can you add some link to it? Android in my case.

Do the signup template work with smartphones? Can you upload the logo directly or can you add some link to it? Android in my case.
I dont have an android so i cant say. But tested on iPhone and it works.

Peter Noe

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Just a post to see my VEC season Pass standing unther my license... :D

EDIT: Thats ok buth my URD noth. Dith i miss somthing? Schould i validate URD evvery season?

Tobias Lange

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
EDIT: Thats ok buth my URD noth. Dith i miss somthing? Schould i validate URD evvery season?
No, because you need the URD-licence to buy the season pass, which make it unecessary to show the URD-licence, because there is nobody with only the season pass. As soon as the season is over, you'll see again the URD-licence.

No, because you need the URD-licence to buy the season pass, which make it unecessary to show the URD-licence, because there is nobody with only the season pass. As soon as the season is over, you'll see again the URD-licence.
Absolutly correct :thumbsup: (y)

Hello,
question: can we add drivers after sending the application registration? Because we still have 2 drivers at the SRCA which are not yet L4 but that we would like to include in our teams

Niclas Porbadnik

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Yes you can (if they have L4 and the URD License+ VEC Season Pass)
you can make up to 6 changes per season.

1.7.3 A maximum of 6 changes in lineup will be allowed during a season pr. entry.