What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Introduction to Season 12

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
The Virtual Endurance Championship (hereafter VEC) is the official rFactor 2 Endurance Championship

Season 12 will see a few changes, each team will receive participation points (depending on which division) and also points per finish.

Mod:
We will be using the official Studio 397 endurance pack and the Two strong pack
Cars:
LM-HC
McLaren Senna
LM-P2 Oreca 07
LM-GTE Aston Martin Vantage
LM-GTE BMW M8 GTE
LM-GTE Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
LM-GTE Porsche 911 RSR

Season Pass:
Similar to last seasons we require season pass, this is to cover expenses to a growing server farm, plugins, commentators, upgrades and other unforeseen updates
Each driver needs to purchase the Season Pass

IMPORTANT: You are able to gift this to a friend, go to the bottom of the account upgrade page and enter the person into the search box. Hit proceed and then choose the pass he/she should get. DO NOT just transfer money to paypal and ask for users to get upgraded - this will NOT be done!
Season pass´ are ready for purchase now.

Sign-Up Fee:
There is no sign up fee, however there is an ability to buy upgrades:
Basic sign up: No need to do anything but wait until sign up opens​
Team deluxe: Early bird sign up - 24 hours ahead of sign up​
Team premium: Early bird sign up - 48 hours ahead of sign up, submit livery 3 times during the season, decide what you want on the window file, 10 line up changes.​

Required License:
  • Managers is not require to have a license to sign up a team. However, the team manager cannot race unless they have a license.
  • Drivers must have at least License 4 (L4).
Divisions:
Multiple divisions will be used if we are oversubscribed. The entries into each division will be determined by previous results, on and off-track behaviour, ratings and pre-season performance. Also previous seasons dedication (show vs do not show) also weighs in. But we will host preseason events that will be used to make sure everyone is in the correct division.

Pre-Season:
See above, we will host 2 pre-season events that will be used to evaluate our decisions.

Max Drivers and Teams:
Each division can hold between 40-45 teams.
Each team can have up to five drivers and one reserve driver.

Team Manager Committee:
We will set up a special forum for team managers

Prizes:
20% of the entry fee will be used to the winners of each category, if sign up is similar to S11 we are talking up to €5000
Currently it is just above €1000 - once the sign up starts this amount will be locked and announced, so we can plan expenses.

Classes:
LM-HC
- This is the new premier class, the future is here - hyper spec. You must learn the art of timing your passes to lessen your time loss without affecting the races of others.
LM-P2 - You must be prepared to make multiple overtakes per lap on slower cars without putting others in danger. You must learn the art of timing your passes to lessen your time loss without affecting the races of others, but also make sure you are not in the way of the faster class.
LM-GTE - This is just as demanding as the other 2 classes, with less grip and a need to keep an eye on your mirrors. Spatial awareness and an ability to allow other cars to pass with minimal time loss are critical skills.

Broadcasts:
We will provide live coverage of our Division 1 race and division 1 ONLY!

Sign-Up:
Opens August 10th at 12:00 CEST.
After this date, we will review and post the final entry list on our website. Please note that drivers will be required to have the Season Pass by this point.

Livery Submission:
Will close 25 August at 18:00 CEST.
  • We do NOT allow any fake sponsorships on cars, only use logo´s that you are allowed to use, we may require to see confirmation on this.
  • Follow albedo rules (basic: don't use RGB below 10, 10, 10 or above 220, 220, 220) (on each template there is a layer for this, place anything below this layer!)
  • Do not resize templates (2048*2048)
Car change:
Once signed up you sign up with a car, however we expect small tweaks to come and therefore we open up the option to change car - however there is a few notes to that
  • ONE change and ONE change only
  • This change will count towards how many changes you have on your entry per season
  • There will be ONE specific day to do this (for now it is august 19th).
DISCLAIMER:
- While we strive to have a live steward in divisions for all races, there can and probably will be periods with limited live steward.
- While we also strive to broadcast D1 all season there could be clashes with real life job
- See "broadcasts" above, read it and understand it.
If you cant agree to the above and feel the need to complain about this, then dont sign up - if you sign up you agree to these terms and conditions!

Last edited:

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
Reaction score
Now we suddenly we have more to talk about ;).
Regarding the signup post:

In regards to the broadcast notes, there is a big difference between only hosting a broadcast for division 1 and allowing for a robot broadcast on each of the other servers. In last seasons D3 we had a team hosting LeMans24hr because they went out early, and their bot-host worked like a treat for the rest of us (we are still grateful for that guys :thumbsup: (y)). It was a huge joy to be able to actually see our own race!
Do you have anything to add in regards to allowing 2nd and possibly 3rd division drivers to donate money for this to happen? (As we dont expect to be placed in D1).
We would like to donate, but not to increase the prizes for division winners. I like the prizes idea, but not when all divisions still cant be viewed by the rest of the teams.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Now we suddenly we have more to talk about ;).
Regarding the signup post:

In regards to the broadcast notes, there is a big difference between only hosting a broadcast for division 1 and allowing for a robot broadcast on each of the other servers. In last seasons D3 we had a team hosting LeMans24hr because they went out early, and their bot-host worked like a treat for the rest of us (we are still grateful for that guys :thumbsup: (y)). It was a huge joy to be able to actually see our own race!
Do you have anything to add in regards to allowing 2nd and possibly 3rd division drivers to donate money for this to happen? (As we dont expect to be placed in D1).
We would like to donate, but not to increase the prizes for division winners. I like the prizes idea, but not when all divisions still cant be viewed by the rest of the teams.
Easy question to answer: I dont have anything to add no, i dont see this happening as we want to ensure the highest quality - and no its not just a robot thing, to set up another stream. Its still a decent amount of work to set everything up on a secondary pc, well in this instance a 4th, since PC 2-3 will be used for D1 broadcast.

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
Reaction score
Easy question to answer: I dont have anything to add no, i dont see this happening as we want to ensure the highest quality - and no its not just a robot thing, to set up another stream. Its still a decent amount of work to set everything up on a secondary pc, well in this instance a 4th, since PC 2-3 will be used for D1 broadcast.
But if this could be financed by the teams...? Last season you told me that you were close to having a stream for Div3? Has things changed? (i dont know how many servers you have for this)
I think more drivers would be willing to donate if the goal was to facilitate a stream. I know my team for sure would.
Dont get this wrong, I also want to donate to simply tell you: "We like what you are doing here", but i want to know that we are helping to improve the lower divisions, not just making it more fun and attractive in D1.

James Lyke

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Couldn't find a questions thread so here it is. feel free to ask questions here

My question: why have 2 of the races been lowered to 4hours? with most teams having more than 3 drivers, it means that to optimise strategy someone has to miss out. while its easy to do 6-8hr races with just 2 drivers its kinda unfair that someone has to miss out.

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score

My question: why have 2 of the races been lowered to 4hours? with most teams having more than 3 drivers, it means that to optimise strategy someone has to miss out. while its easy to do 6-8hr races with just 2 drivers its kinda unfair that someone has to miss out.
You can still drive a single fuel stint. I don't think changing the driver costs extra time (at the very least not if a tyre change comes into play).

Blane Heerey

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Can we buy the season pass after we get confirmed for the next season? Because a non-refundable 30 euro upfront payment is quite pricey for a league you might not even get into

David Nichols

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
VLMC season pass
Team Premium
Reaction score
Jimmi has said the number of divisions will depend on entries.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

Like Yoeri said, 4 hours is still enough to do 4 drivers, or have some drivers sit out. Most teams dont use all their drivers all the races. Look at last season results.
Why i chose to do it, because mixing things up is not always a bad thing :) why only do the 6 and 8 hour races, we´ve had 10 hour races in the past maybe we will have that next season.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
But if this could be financed by the teams...? Last season you told me that you were close to having a stream for Div3? Has things changed? (i dont know how many servers you have for this)
I think more drivers would be willing to donate if the goal was to facilitate a stream. I know my team for sure would.
Dont get this wrong, I also want to donate to simply tell you: "We like what you are doing here", but i want to know that we are helping to improve the lower divisions, not just making it more fun and attractive in D1.
A new season happened. One stream does not just make it fun and more attractive to race in D1, it is the entire PR for our league, game, drivers and even simracing. So to answer your question again - i dont see it happening.
Edit: Though i´d like to acknowledge that i know what you mean, and following your own team on a stream would be nice, however as explained there is more too it than just "a robot".

Alexander Jones

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
New design on the main page looks great. Will there be an update to the live timing pages as well?

Edit: to be more specific, will the livetiming area be upgraded in any way to show more information or be more user-friendly?

inquiry by the catfish

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
Reaction score
A new season happened. One stream does not just make it fun and more attractive to race in D1, it is the entire PR for our league, game, drivers and even simracing. So to answer your question again - i dont see it happening.
Edit: Though i´d like to acknowledge that i know what you mean, and following your own team on a stream would be nice, however as explained there is more too it than just "a robot".
Sry to hear that m8. It didnt look that difficult for the team providing it, and if reputation is suddently an issue, then we could still make it avaiable for the teams attending only.
Im sure if there was a will, there was a way.
We cant all drive D1 and the rest of us have fun here too, and participate on equal terms paying the same fees.
Thx for the clear answer though.

Raymond Makkus

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
There are two preseason races of 2 hours each.
How many riders have to ride during the pre-season races?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
We cant all drive D1 and the rest of us have fun here too, and participate on equal terms paying the same fees.
I think i explained this SO many times. You do not pay me anything to do the broadcast, its getting old quite fast. So lets just end this and instead of keeping up hopes and "perhaps" - D1 is the only division that gets a stream!
Also
DISCLAIMER:
- While we strive to have a live steward in divisions for all races, there can and probably will be periods with limited live steward.
- While we also strive to broadcast D1 all season there could be clashes with real life job
If you cant agree to the above and feel the need to complain about this, then dont sign up - if you sign up you agree to these terms and conditions!

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
Reaction score
You are quite right m8. Calm down, you misunderstand me completely. This was not meant as that. I was asking if we could in fact pay you to provide it, and I have your answer. No worries.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
You are quite right m8. Calm down, you misunderstand me completely. This was not meant as that. I was asking if we could in fact pay you to provide it, and I have your answer. No worries.
Ok, then i misunderstood yeah - the standard approach and when saying "we pay the same" has always been why do they get more than we do, if you look back on S10 and S11 threads. As you see there is also now only ONE race director and then we have live stewards in divisions, so thats also a bit different ;)

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Say, Morten takes matters in his own hands and makes all the arrangements for a broadcast. Would he be allowed to have someone or sometwo spectate the race from the server for the purpose of broadcasting it?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Say, Morten takes matters in his own hands and makes all the arrangements for a broadcast. Would he be allowed to have someone or sometwo spectate the race from the server for the purpose of broadcasting it?
No. There is a few reasons.
1. Quality
2. Expectations - a quick example - D2 and Le Mans, when it was made clear it didn’t have commentary- but at Le Mans when we announced our comm line up, the usual suspects complained about D2 not having any commentators even though it was made very clear.
3. No control over anything

So no - that is not going to work. I think I made myself clear. So move on

Giacomo Lapadula

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Jimmi I have a clarification to ask. What is the utility of the deluxe upgrade team? Someone wrote that many divisions will be created based on the number of subscribers ... but then why should a team sign up 24 hours before the others? Or will only two divisions be made?
Thanks