What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Interview with Team Vires, Team Spirit Racing and Feeder Sport

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Interviews done by Pedro Gomes

Team Vires

Q: The last VEC season was a success for your team, how hard was it to achieve that success and what do you believe were the key factors that made it happen?

A: Lovely success. Rating the difficulty of achievemt is very relative matter. We've been doing our ways, techniques, methods and team work and spirit that we always use. I believe the greatness of achievemnt is in strenght of oposition and certainlly competition within VEC is at very prestige, premium and prestine level.

Q: Who were your toughest competitors last year and which teams do you expect to be very competitive this year?

A: We've raced within GT-PRO class with vice-champions and 24h of SPA race winners GT Italia, two time race winners SRVN, two time race winner Leone, multiple podium finishes Revolution and Atlantic among other. It really depended on race. Competition was very fierce. We're moving to a new playground this season. This season we've chosen a move for LMP1. Due to unique design of this class, we believe to find new challenges. This is very exciting.

Q: Tell us about your team's drivers for this new season, their background and their capabilities.

A: We're continuing with our estamblished line up. That's myself Niki Djakovic, Goran (djole) Djordjevic, Vladan (sofke) Sofijanic and our great friend The Brit, Adam Taylor. He's taken GTE-AM season convincingly with Dark Racing last year. But, for us his work and our bond of brotherhood is what makes him perfect part of Team Vires.

Q: How would you rate and describe VEC?

A: VEC is at very prestige, premium and prestine level, as I have already mentioned. This league provides us with top of the line sportscar competition and moving into this league from outside of rF2 would surprise many with the challenge it poseses.

Q: What are your team's goals for this season and how do you expect this new season will be?

A: We're in the LMP1 grid now. Our first goal is to conquer the car we've chosen. To extract benefits from situation. Play out to our spacial awareness. We know our pace will be strong. Our competition knows our pace as well. We expect to get a lot more attention and showtime then we did in GT-PRO so that we can show more of our exciting talents. We want to race these guys who most likely aren't that much into GT cars, but are very competitive. That can lead us to our individual targets which we will set for each event.

*********************************************************************************

Team Spirit Racing

Q: The last VEC season was a success for your team, how hard was it to achieve that success and what do you believe were the key factors that made it happen?

A: I can't say that last season was difficult for us because we did not have much trouble during races but some races were easier than others.

The key to success, I would say it's a whole
that makes a successful endurance season:

- Team:
Drivers must be homogeneous, drive fast, drive with their brains in order to not exceed their limits to take the best decisions on the track and don't make too much mistakes that would cost us time.

- Strategy: this is a big parameter and must establish the best strategy to win.
If your strategy is the worst but you have the best drivers, there are great possibilities that you will not win a race.
Be able to quickly adapt the strategy in the race because with all the things who can happen during race such as with a code 80 or the rain, the strategy established before the race is rarely that we followed

- Luck: We need a bit of luck to win a race, and especially don't be unlucky at all

- Training: To win you have to train and make a good setup for the race who is suitable for drivers who ride on this car.
Also, don't take too much time to drive in qualify setup because it's not really important only one driver will make the qualify and you can win the race from the back of a grid just because you work hard on your race setup.

Q: Who were your toughest competitors last year and which teams do you expect to be very competitive this year?

I can easily say that last year the SimHQ Motorsport was often close to us in qualifying and in race during all the season.

For this year, it's hard to say, we will wait 2-3 races to see the rankings and see where we are in the standings, but i think that in LMP1 much teams will be competitive.

Q:
Tell us about your team's drivers for this new season, their background and their capabilities.

A: For this season, we don't change our team line up so we have :

Nicolas Pailhes , Cyril Renault, Simon Pirard, Benoit Daubert, Anthony Jans and Kevin Leffondre as reserve driver.

All our drivers are much experienced in the race and know how they should behave on the track.

Each driver has its strengths and weaknesses so we try to exploit the potential of each driver to benefit us.

But I can't tell you more it's top secret :p

Q:
How would you rate and describe VEC?

A: For me the VEC is a passionate community and all the work that is done by the organizers to allow us to satisfy our passion is fantastic.

If like us you are passionate then join the VEC and you will not be disappointed this is all i can say.

Q:
What are your team's goals for this season and how do you expect this new season will be?

A: This season we are targeting the top 3, for us it's a new car in a new category and there are teams that are experienced in these cars so we start with a delay that we have to catch up before the first race for being efficient.

Wait and see ;)

*********************************************************************************

FEEDER Sport Poland

Q:
The last VEC season was a success for your team, how hard was it to achieve that success and what do you believe were the key factors that made it happen?

A: Our rivals were very strong, but the key was consistency. We had few very good races, almost without mistakes and that could make a big difference. Although we also had races with a lot of problems/issues like Interlagos or Sebring, We were able to finish in the top in our class.

A: I think every team have something, what we wish we could have for example tire wear or qual pace, but I think the hardest teams to beat were 3wide Motorsport and DHR. This year we will be fighting with other champions from other classes. so I can't say who will be really tough.

Q: Tell us about your team's drivers for this new season, their background and their capabilities.

A: Nikodem Wisniewski (P1) GT Academy 2015 Top 7 Finalist, Current LMP1 champion in VEC, winner of CEE region. Simracing driver with quite much experience.
Kuba Brzeziński (P1) Current LMP1 champion in VEC. Origin Front Row driver in FSR World Championship, currently 3rd in standings.
Konrad Bar and Maciej Młynek (P2) young and very talented drivers, participant in polish and foreign series e.g GPVWC.
Dennis Jordan (GT) Simracing since 2013, already participated in a few endurance series (REC, sim-racing.org) in different classes.
Menno Klont (GT) Simracing since 2006, with some succes , driving style is not aggresive.
Wopke Hoekstra (GT) Simracing driver with league experience since 2010, race winner in multiple classes. New to endurance racing.

Q: How would you rate and describe VEC?

A: VEC is currently the most chalanging series for rF 2, this means it is nice play ground for tests our ability in compare to other teams. For us, very big endurance racing enthusiasts this series is amazing e.g in terms of atmosphere.

Q: What are your team's goals for this season and how do you expect this new season will be?

A: Our goal is as always - win, no matter what. This year will be a little bit harder for us, because we will be doing Blancpain GT Series in iRacing. Less time for practice, but our experience from last season can be crucial for us.

Last edited: