• Home of The Virtual Endurance Championship and The Virtual Le Mans Series
  1. Welcome to SimRacing.Club
    We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which use URD´s mod to mirror World Endurance Championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
    Virtual Le Mans Series, Virtual Rally Championship and several special events - Plenty of racing.

Indy 500

Discussion in 'Indy 500' started by Enzo Fazzi, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison Epic Member Administrator URD Licensed

Ratings:
    +8,705 / 17 / -21
    Congratulations @Nico Barclay good drive, but i saw a few guys kicking a$$ here, so well deserved to finishers.

For future events we will need to do a few things differently, Q races and more test races so we dont end up with 9 finishers. Other than that a decent event, good job by race director @Enzo Fazzi and BC by @Jimmy Broadbent, @Troy Uyan and @Curtis Kenyon

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tonga Guardia

Tonga Guardia Addicted Member VEC Division 1 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +101 / 4 / -0
    bittersweet feelings for me, i choose a safety setup to run instead a speedy one becouse this was my first oval race ever...
    the start was good, better than i expected and i had 20-30 laps with good pace and good fights and a lot of fun...
    its really a challenge to follow another car entering and exiting the turns, i didnt had a good chase practice but i think i managed very well on race...
    I tryed to avoid any incident, but i made contact with @Shane Burke, he almost lost the car and his car went into the inside lane where i was, and my car loose stability and corner speed. i have to repair and no FCY was happening.
    After the repair, i was with less laps and being lapped by @Osvaldo Angelone, he touch me and the race was gone...
    I tryed to stay on the race, but the car was too slow with 20 km-h less and the car becomes overstery becouse of the damage...
    SO, time to hit ESC....
    but it was a nice experience, some 3 wide runnings, some overtakes and some close fights.
    Thanks to all the organization, we need to repeat this race :D

3. Shane Burke

Shane Burke Well-Known Member VEC Division 1 VEC/VLMS Season pass

Ratings:
    +96 / 3 / -8
    Sorry :/ car kept going loose and then it finally broke completely :/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexander van der Woude

Alexander van der Woude Well-Known Member VEC Division 2 VEC/VLMS Season pass

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -1
    more like lap 80, but still, I did, apologies

5. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell Addicted Member VEC Division 3 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -9
    Well my first proper Oval race on rfactor 2 and despite been a rookie which i guess showed i am hooked on doing another. How about another special with these cars again but a road course? Watkins Glen or street circuit like maybe Long Beach or for something really different Nascar at Daytona and have the rules to use stick shifters as in the real thing if anyone has shifters with their wheel sets.

6. Borja Millan

Borja Millan Addicted Member VEC Division 1 VEC/VLMS Season pass

Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -1
    it's ok, was just making you see that you also made a mistake, but np. it was lap 30 or 40 i believe, anyway it doesn't matter :p

7. Tobias Lange

Tobias Lange Well-Known Member VEC Division 3 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0
    You are right, but for me the more interesting question is: why there were so many sign ups, but only 26 of 30 took part in the race?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison Epic Member Administrator URD Licensed

Ratings:
    +8,705 / 17 / -21
    I know and there drivers won't be able to sign up in future events - they "steal" other drivers spots.
    The same goes for the Bathurst race and potentially if they want to sign up for other series.

9. Jose Casanovas

Jose Casanovas Active Member VEC Division 2 VEC Season Pass Big supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    So sorry Alexander, really, it wasnt necessary and intentional, i thought that i had all the way at this point, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jose Casanovas

Jose Casanovas Active Member VEC Division 2 VEC Season Pass Big supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    Sorry Borja , I was driving without front deflector, adjusting ARB bars,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sebastian Rodriguez

Sebastian Rodriguez Member SR.C License 4 URD Licensed

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    First at all, congrats to finishers, too tough race than expected.
    Too many incidents in the first 80 laps, and 50% of grid with DNF was too much.

In this first 80 laps, I was like undertaker, collecting corpses in all indianapolis.
    I think the finish 5th place was too good for me..but it was a prize to be conservative driver... :D

Congratulation to @Enzo Fazzi for the organization, and @Jimmy Broadbent and @Troy Uyan for the transmition.

12. Tonga Guardia

Tonga Guardia Addicted Member VEC Division 1 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +101 / 4 / -0
    Its ok, no worries, that happen to me tooa after that...
    i saw the replay and you lost the car... shit happens :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Alexander van der Woude

Alexander van der Woude Well-Known Member VEC Division 2 VEC/VLMS Season pass

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -1
    yeah fair play. might've been a little annoyed with the way things go, in hindsight i might've overreacted a bit. end of the race didnt really go well because of myself and my emotions took a run on me

yea in hindsight my reaction was maybe a little harsh, was a little annoyed with how things panned out in the end, threw away a podium all by myself, so i might've overreacted a bit on you

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ethan Pattie

Ethan Pattie Member VEC Division 1 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Going to try for 7 laps next year! :thumbsup: (y)

• Like Like x 2
  15. James Johnson

James Johnson Addicted Member VEC Division 1 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -1
    Was going okay till I understeered into the back of Daryl even after downshifting to 4th! XD

16. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell Addicted Member VEC Division 3 VEC Season Pass

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -9
    I saw you approaching in my mirrors and kept my line as good as possible despite the speed difference and got a tap. It damaged the left rear suspension. Like I said my car was ruined especially after the big shunt into the wall by Casanovas. I was deciding when I could only top 204 mph on the straight to retire..maybe I should of done but I hate quitting unless I really I have to. The car was still driveable just wayyyyy down on power so sorry I got in the way of you guys.