What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

In-Game Stutters

Adam Taylor

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hello, I have just upgraded my PC and I am now getting stutters whilst driving on RF2. The stutters occur when the purple bar (right of centre at the top) goes all the way across. I have also had a message box pop up saying RF2 CPU usage is high.GRAB_071.JPGThese are my settings.
GRAB_072.JPG GRAB_073.JPG
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you :cool:

After switching to Windows 10 64bit 2 months ago , it happened to me, after 1 hour of play, I tried both amd/ nvidia cards, the problem persisted, so I reinstalled window 7 64bit, and the problem disappeared.

After switching to Windows 10 64bit 2 months ago , it happened to me, after 1 hour of play, I tried both amd/ nvidia cards, the problem persisted, so I reinstalled window 7 64bit, and the problem disappeared.

I'm about to decide wether to throw my Win10 out of the window too (no pun intended) - GGRR! :(

Windows 10 here with zero problems. And the OP seems to be using Windows 7. I would try using fullscreen and reduce track and environment reflections for a start.

NEVER use full screen with RF2 - or prepare for some endurance frustrations, looking at your desktop hearing your car crash :p

Interesting. Afaik input lag should happen in Windows 7 as well when in windowed mode and input lag is for me a no go in simracing. Regarding stuttering and tearing, I had a few issues when I upgraded to Win 10. Then I did a clean install of Win 10 and all problems were gone.
Few things I do to make sure my OS is kept clean and tidy:

- I keep my registry clean using CCleaner
- When I install new gfx drivers, I always use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to really get rid of everything of the old driver
- I trim my SSD where the OS is installed at least once every two weeks

That said, I use 120Hz monitors which help to avoid tearing. And regarding stutters, some people are more sensitive to it than others (even though I seem to be one of those who notice every little stutter), so in the end, this type of problem can be a bit subjective as well.

Hey Adam,

Interesting issue. I recently upgraded to W10 and so far no (new) problems. I do suffer from stutters however, and mine seem to happen after exactly 1 hour gameplay. This was an issue with both W7 and now W10. Dont know if its the same problem as you, how long does it take in game until the issue starts? How often does it happen (i.e. for me its literally after 1h, every time) and have you tried different in game settings (again this makes no difference to my issue).

Cheers mate, and good luck !

I am running windows 7 and it happens after a very short time sometimes only seconds. I think it is cpu related as cpu usage hits 100% when the stuttering occurs.

This happened to me on SRorg 24h Le Mans test races, on sunset when other cars were close to me, also causing those opponents to warp in my client and one time I got bumped from the rear and smashed to the wall, while in the server replay nothing happened and looks like I just launched myself. So might have been related to CPU/GPU usage problem. To fix it I changed some video settings, from putting the framerate limit on "Video", No AA, "Windowed" mode from Main page settings. In-game settings reduced the number of visible cars and in the player.JSON reduced the headlights number displayed and backstage quality. This solved my problem and when put the same settings on VEC installation, never had any problems.

In your case, maybe the high-end GPU performance may cause the CPU "clipping" because of too many fpses, this is why Tomas suggested you to set a FPS limiter. Happening to me when trying to play "The Crew", on 30fps the CPU usage is 50%, while raising to 90-95% when playing on 60fps, while regaining a bit of "fresh air" when it's the GPU to suffer and lowers the fps to 50-40 in chaotic situations.

I have fixed my stuttering issue, Niki told me to try disabling plugins and it has worked. I am not sure which plugin was causing the issue I have just disabled them all for now but I will try turning them on one at a time to see what I can use. Thanks for the help :)

I have fixed my stuttering issue, Niki told me to try disabling plugins and it has worked. I am not sure which plugin was causing the issue I have just disabled them all for now but I will try turning them on one at a time to see what I can use. Thanks for the help :)

Maybe it was track map, when you have some stutters try to press "CTRL+F", then you'll see your FPS on the right side and for me it work well and the stutters disappear, maybe it also can help you :)

It can be all kind of issues. I dual boot windows 8.1 and windows 10 my windows 10 installation do tend to run marginally smoother. But it´s a case of buttery smooth or even more smooth at 144 fps regularly at close to maximal settings on my X 1080 :)

I had an issue with severr stutter I believe it was my Inatech USB 3 card if I have my oculus rift connected. Can´t be sure yet though

I don´t run it run my regular monitor and the rift software shut down I get some usb disconnect/reconnect message. I suspect that happened and after that I got mega stutter for some reason. Usually get a message if my X 1080 drivers crash. They do that occasionally when watching netflix or similar streaming app but so far never while actually putting any stress to it!

Just did some 4h of suzuka with not a single stutter though with trackmap in windows 10.