What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

How Good is SLI in Rfcator 2

Gustavo da Silva

Addicted Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, wonder if anyone could help me out.
I currently SimRace on a PC with a Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 6G GPU, its paired with a I7 6850K, Asus Rampage V, 16 GB of Ram and I run rfactor from an SSD, My rig sits in front of a 50" 3840*2160 TV, but I race on 2160*1440 becasue 4k the 1060 just cant give me a stable FPS even on "medium" settings and I get to much stuttering so it isnt safe to race online with it. it gets the job done at this resolution but I want to use the 4k of the TV because the game looks a lot better that way. I'm planning on also upgrading to triples 1440 144hz.
I found a good deal on two 980ti's, just a single 980ti is around 25% faster then a 1060. But the guy is selling 2 980ti' for a very good price.
So my question is, how stable is Rfactor2 in SLI?

Some advice for anyone who runs SLI will be greatly appreciated :D

TY and happy Racing :cool:

I tested it with two gtx 580 and it did work. Sli is in general has been stable to me as long as you have sufficient cooling and a decent PSU but there is always risk of extra stutters or input lag if you are sensitive about that. Last time I tried Sli one extra frame of input lag was added to remove the risk of stutter but it maybe isn´t the end of the world. I have been racing on a 60 ms tv and that made me a bit oversensitive against that.

I tested it with two gtx 580 and it did work. Sli is in general has been stable to me as long as you have sufficient cooling and a decent PSU but there is always risk of extra stutters or input lag if you are sensitive about that. Last time I tried Sli one extra frame of input lag was added to remove the risk of stutter but it maybe isn´t the end of the world. I have been racing on a 60 ms tv and that made me a bit oversensitive against that.
I have a very big case, with good airflow. And a 850 watt PSU

Just be aware that those 980's may have been using for cryptocurrency mining over the past couple of weeks/months.

SLI is not really popular now, because it doesn't really give you a huge advantage, one good card is way better value, than even 2 "medium" used cards, and you will use less power/have less issues in programs that don't support SLI

SLI is not really popular now, because it doesn't really give you a huge advantage, one good card is way better value, than even 2 "medium" used cards, and you will use less power/have less issues in programs that don't support SLI
Ty for your input, I'm only cosedering this because with will be in any case a upgrade compared to my actual GPU. Even if I end using just one GPU and sell the other I will have more performance then my current 1060

Ty for your input, I'm only cosedering this because with will be in any case a upgrade compared to my actual GPU. Even if I end using just one GPU and sell the other I will have more performance then my current 1060
1060 is on par with a 970. I got lucky and when I owned an 970 when overclocked it matched clockspeeds of overclocked 980 (silicon lottery), 980Ti could be compared to 1070Ti, but SLI would be overkill especially judging that it rarely works, and when it does, only in select programs/games, so get one ;)

1060 is on par with a 970. I got lucky and when I owned an 970 when overclocked it matched clockspeeds of overclocked 980 (silicon lottery), 980Ti could be compared to 1070Ti, but SLI would be overkill especially judging that it rarely works, and when it does, only in select programs/games, so get one ;)
Thanks for the comments, my brother previously owned a 980ti and it at verygood performance, on par with a 1070. I will consider all this options. Thanks :D

So i got my SLI up and running, asseto corsa its working great and getting very good FPS arouns 120 iwith everything maxed out in 4k.
In rfactor 2 i noticed it is only using one of the GPU's. However in the forums of steam and studio397 they used this code 0X080000F5 and said that sli started workning without problems
[Official] DX9 vs DX11 performance difference
that is the link that i got the 0X080000F5. Can anyone tell me where do I put that code into??

Thanks

So i got my SLI up and running, asseto corsa its working great and getting very good FPS arouns 120 iwith everything maxed out in 4k.
In rfactor 2 i noticed it is only using one of the GPU's. However in the forums of steam and studio397 they used this code 0X080000F5 and said that sli started workning without problems
[Official] DX9 vs DX11 performance difference
that is the link that i got the 0X080000F5. Can anyone tell me where do I put that code into??

Thanks
hope this helps : Steam Community :: Guide :: NVIDIA SLI support (NEED driver v359.06. TZfix compatible!)
I have a amd card so i can't test it