What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Headlight Controls

Pedro Ramada

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hello guys :)

I saw this software in Simracing for Life's facebook page... i've tested this in a lot of contitions... online and offline and it seems to work great!!!

Just download the .exe file: TonyWhitley/rF2headlights

Basically to keep it simple:

Assign the H keyboard key in your whatever profile control in-game as Headlights function and safe to profile!
The software itself... assign buttons in the left column ( player Headlight Controls ) except toggle headlight, you don't need that one because that it is to change the headlight options ( center column ) and in game, racing, you probably will have trouble figured out which is which... just assign the "check" in the Headlight options you what to have and it's done!! ;)

I hope it helps you guys... i am already a fan! :D

Here is the link in S397 forum: [REL] - Headlight controls

PLEASE make sure to test this, incase you have crewchief installed this can also be used to flash headlights!

whats wrong with turning your lights on manually? its not easy to forget since its dark when u need them. just start the race with your headlights on

whats wrong with turning your lights on manually? its not easy to forget since its dark when u need them. just start the race with your headlights on

I was disqualified from a race during a night session.
Being in Proto and arriving on GTs, I made headlight calls.
Once I overtook them, with the headlights of the GT headlights lighting the track in front of me, I didn't realize that my headlights were off !
By the time I could read the message, it was too late, I was disqualified.

in that instance its BS but we all have the same problem, should just have to do 3 button presses. ON-OFF-ON

I use Xpadder.
There you can program your controls to what ever you need.
programmed a key to press headlight button 6 times with small pause between. Then your lights will always end as it was before.
even have a key progammed to enter server pw... ;-)