What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Graphics Card Update

Nick Curry

Reaction score
I hope I am allowed to ask here, but I currently have a GTX970 and the Pre Season race around Le Mans proved to me that it my 970 can no longer run RF2 on Vr. I have everything set to Low, with 12 cars showing on track. Simply put, this isn't good enough. Whilst driving past the pit lane tonight I concluded that I was a menace to all other drivers. I was on VERY low FPS which caused me to hit a barrier in the Porsche curves.

So I am pondering a new GPU and was just curious as to what other VR users have, and what settings you are able to have? I know of one 2070 user who's has to put some things on medium. If I am going to spend nearly £700 I would expect the car in my living room :p

I'm sure you have, but if not this guide helped me a lot:

@Risto Kappet very excellent guide.

I would say that 12 cars is too many. I have just 6 and have no problems with it.

Hey Nick,

I have a i7 7700K , 16gb mem, 1080ti gpu, and run smooth RF2, this combination works fine for me.

Attachments

• settings rf2.png
    settings rf2.png
    794.7 KB · Views: 27
Can you name what VR set you are using, what are your entire PC specs and what exact framerate numbers you were getting?

i7 8700k
32gb RAM
Evo 970 m2 drive

I use the Oculus Rift. In terms of the frames, I didn’t get an exact number. I’m unsure how to check in VR, but honestly, if I turned my head 90 degrees to the left or right it felt it done in 4 steps, if that makes sense?

Hey Nick,

I have a i7 7700K , 16gb mem, 1080ti gpu, and run smooth RF2, this combination works fine for me.
That’s so helpful thank you! Surprising to see many things on off though. Is that because the PC starts to struggle or because you literally don’t need them on?

i7 8700k
32gb RAM
Evo 970 m2 drive

I use the Oculus Rift. In terms of the frames, I didn’t get an exact number. I’m unsure how to check in VR, but honestly, if I turned my head 90 degrees to the left or right it felt it done in 4 steps, if that makes sense?
You can grab Fraps and have it run the benchmark for a lap, it will output minimum, maximum and average values across the benchmark.
If you had replay saving enabled, you can open the race replay and press continue, then you can drive in the exact same graphical scenario.

That’s so helpful thank you! Surprising to see many things on off though. Is that because the PC starts to struggle or because you literally don’t need them on?
the most of them takes a lot of performance, some of them i don't find important.

When you are driving VR, do you also have rf2 on your screen?
because that also cost a lot of performance.

the most of them takes a lot of performance, some of them i don't find important.

When you are driving VR, do you also have rf2 on your screen?
because that also cost a lot of performance.
I do actually, it replicates on my monitor! How do I switch that off? And how can I check VR frame rate? I’ll get on tonight and try check.

I know that Le Mans is always going to be intense but it’s worth sorting. I want a new GPU any way

i7 8700k
32gb RAM
Evo 970 m2 drive

I do actually, it replicates on my monitor! How do I switch that off? And how can I check VR frame rate? I’ll get on tonight and try check.

I know that Le Mans is always going to be intense but it’s worth sorting. I want a new GPU any way
in the launcher, videosettings, you have 3 options, i think it's the second option