What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

G27 problem(s)

Reaction score
hi everybody,

I having some troubles with my G27, particulary with the new toyota...
so, when i start the engine in the box, car stopped, my wheel turn left and right by itself very hard.
I have that too in straight line.
Second problem, only on interlagos, just after the green light in the pit, turn 1 (but in the pit lane) my wheel turn by itself, and in the turn 7 too.

Not pleasant to drive with that, if somebody has an idea

check:
-no help driving in option game
-re-install profiler of logitech
-trying to decrease ffb, steering filter....no option in game change something, i have all try

no problem like that with other car at this point
i think it comes from controller.json but i'm not very good for change something in this file

Increase your "Smoothing" in controls, decrease your "Steering Lock" in setup - the TS040 is pretty much identical to the 919 and the R18 when is comes to controls and suspension.

smoothing is on 20
i will try to decrease steering lock this afternoon, 900 degrees for the moment.
i have the same setting in profiler and in game since i have rfactor2, that is the first time it make that issue comes with the new full mod.

I have with the logitech profiler around 400°, ffb to 102%, no spring and smoothing and "settings in game allowed to change profiler settings to NO.
In game smoothing is around 4-10(depends on car and track, ffb in game just around 0.5 to 0.45 (depends on clipping)
For me, the lmp1 and 2 cars are in terms of ffb a fraction rougher that the gte cars, but really just a fraction and overall good to drive.

However, the new lmp cars are way better on ffb than the old r18.
I just can say thank you to the vec staff for releasing these car

absolutely, ffb is better than the old r18, much better...
my set is a bit different than your oliver so i will try that too, because i really affraid of breacking my wheel for the moment such the clapping is hard
thanks for your response and i will come back after testing

Wow, 20 in smoothing is ALOT already. I use 400 deg. for my G25, 2-4 in smoothing and usually around 10-12 as steering lock in garage setup. But G27 seems to produce more jitter.

But with my game 4 or 20....thats change anything at all, use 900 and 25 degree in game steering lock, if i want my car turn, just to go out of the pit for exemple ;) BUT I HAVE "allow the game to change...." On yes in my profiler maybe thats it, but my setting is from a thread find on vec forum so.....

Guess another G27 user will have to help out here, I don't get any of these issues. And yes with 900 deg you need a higher steering lock. Have you tried to turn down the "Power" or what ever it's called ? Same window as "Smoothing" - to 75% as an example.

What do you mean by "power"?
I'm at work, so i think i will put some pic of my setting: profiler, ingame, maybe controller.json at lunchtime

ok, i just take a look on the link you give above, in the video, "steering torque minimum" too high, that's exactly what's happen to me when i start my engine, in very very much unwanted oscillation....
so i will read the all explanation this afternoon, and i think that's will help me good, thank you very much tomas

ok i have tried and one good news and one bad......
shaking wheel owhen i start engine has stopped with "steering torque minimum" with put 0.01, just good vibration as real....
THE bad news....when i drive , i have still the problem i have notice above: turn 1 and turn 7 particulary, the wheel turn by it self like i had assistance but suddenly with hard oscillation, and still the same thing in straght line
so i go for a test with overlay plugin and watch what it happen

You didn't accidently click "Reversed FFB" did you ? Rfactor(1) used this, not Rfactor2, it sounds really weird.

well, i remember on rfactor1 i put - (negative) but in game setting..... where do you find "reversed ffb", in game setting on rfactor2? profiler? sorry

for info if you want this is my ffb:

Force Feedback":{
"Brake effects on steer axis":1,
"Brake effects on steer axis#":"0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
"Brake effects strength":10000,
"Brake effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
"Brake spring coefficient":0.3,
"Brake spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
"Brake spring saturation":1,
"Brake spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
"Clutch effects on steer axis":0,
"Clutch effects on steer axis#":"0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
"Clutch effects strength":10000,
"Clutch effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
"Clutch spring coefficient":0.2,
"Clutch spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
"Clutch spring saturation":1,
"Clutch spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
"Gearbox effects on steer axis":0,
"Gearbox effects on steer axis#":"0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
"Gearbox effects strength":10000,
"Gearbox effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
"Gearbox spring coefficient":0,
"Gearbox spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
"Gearbox spring saturation":1,
"Gearbox spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
"Ignore controllers":0,
"Ignore controllers#":"Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)",
"Jolt magnitude":1.5,
"Jolt magnitude#":"How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.",
"Off-road multiplier":0.1,
"Off-road multiplier#":"Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)",
"Other spring coefficient":0.2,
"Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
"Other spring saturation":1,
"Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
"Rumble strip magnitude":0,
"Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
"Rumble strip pull factor":1.5,
"Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
"Rumble strip update thresh":0.05,
"Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
"Rumble strip wave type":0,
"Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",
"Skip updates":0,
"Skip updates#":"Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)",
"Steering effects strength":9000,
"Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
"Steering resistance coefficient":0.1,
"Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
"Steering resistance saturation":0.1,
"Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
"Steering resistance type":0,
"Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
"Steering spring coefficient":0,
"Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
"Steering spring saturation":0.1,
"Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
"Steering torque extrap blend":0,
"Steering torque extrap blend#":"Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)",
"Steering torque extrap time":0.015,
"Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
"Steering torque filter":0,
"Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
"Steering torque minimum":0.01,
"Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.75,
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
"Steering torque sensitivity":1,
"Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
"Steering torque zero-speed mult":0.001,
"Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",
"Throttle effects on steer axis":1,
"Throttle effects on steer axis#":"0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.",
"Throttle effects strength":10000,
"Throttle effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
"Throttle spring coefficient":0.1,
"Throttle spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
"Throttle spring saturation":1,
"Throttle spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
"Type":1,
"Type#":"Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble\/gamepad 4=custom"
},

ok after all an afternoon of test and re-install totally rfactor2, i have found what is wrong ut i dont know how to fix it
the problem of hard sudennly shaking or oscillation of my wheel is when i turn it more than 90 degrees left or right. the thing is that "steering wheel range is locked" on 612.....whatever i put in the profiler....
for exemple turn 1 and 7 i have to turn my wheel at 110 degrees maybe more, in other curves i don't turn it more than 90degrees, and the ffb feels good, as soon as it exceeds 90, the wheel give me some shit reactions.
So i think i have to change steering wheel change, but it don't save it if i do manually.....i have tried to change sensivity but don't works anymore