What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Freezes, rubberband (loss of realtime) test race

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Guys

Now is the chance to give some feedback, give files and help devs to sort out your issues. It seems to be the same guys that is having most issues. So i am going to do a test race for you guys.
Have you run out of real time (sent back in time while driving) please post here, then when we have a grid we can find a date that suits everyone. Lets keep it simple here and NOT discuss whats wrong and how bad it is etc.

Obviously there will be some requirements (such as enable logging etc) and we need all drivers to have a team mate.

Yacine Derridj

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Also had a 10 sec freeze at Sebring and on Sebring practice server.
Lost FFB during a micro freeze still at Sebring.

Mantas Rekus

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
These freezes have been happening in bigger online races and it also depends on the server from my experience but it happens in every server atleast once no matter the quality of it

Tony Mella

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Great idea Jimmi
I've had freezes at pretty much every race so i'm in

Matheus Machado

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
i have had it as well. Not sure I will be available for a test race but will do it for sure if I can.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
These freezes have been happening in bigger online races and it also depends on the server from my experience but it happens in every server atleast once no matter the quality of it
This is NOT servers, trust me then it would impact all of drivers at the same time not just one, two or three people. Please lets not discuss this in this thread, keep it clean and let me get a list of those who have had this issue.

Alessandro Puoti

Reaction score
I'm in, but depending on the date cause I'll be really busy before the 8h of Silverstone. I've been having short freezes pretty much for two seasons now, although I renewed my pc before last year Le Mans round.

FYI here's my specs:
AMD Ryzen 1300X
Nvidia GTX1070 8GB
8GB DDR4

Jos Araneda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Im in, too.
In VEC I had very few freezes, but I remember one of several seconds in the Sepang race. In Sebring I drove around 8 hours and I had absolutely no problem.
In the other league in which I compete (FSR) happens to me in every race (and to other mates also), from the very first race of last year to the first race this year that we ran last Sunday, but it only happens every time a mate leaves the server.
This thing I have already talked with the guys of S397.

Ben Boorman

VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Freezes every race here, plus a performance hit on raceday that I can't find any reason for.

Brian van Beusekom

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I haven't had freezes (or VR loading screen in my case) in a long time but during both Sebring and Bathurst my game said connection lost while I still had connection. Both times I didn't drop out of teamspeak and during Bathurst I was streaming, the stream didn't go offline and I'm fairly sure it didn't even drop frames.

Would it make sense for me to join and see if it happens again or is this solely for freezes?

Tonga Guardia

Reaction score
im In.... had 2 big Freezes at NOLA, one little at Sepang, but i was unable to race at Indy becouse i had Stuttering all the time....
im also experience Stuttering at Silverstone now...
Interlagos, Estoril and Sebring was without issues...

so im in... could be this saturday, sunday night or monday to thursday after 22hsCET