What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Few questions from a random newbie guy

Berat Kucuk

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm pretty new to rfactor2, not so exprienced in simracing in general too. Hew a year or two exprience on sims like Dirt Rally and Assetto corsa and F12018. I enjoy working hard to learn a new car and a track and getting used to it. But lack of knowledge is probably worse than lack of exprience. So here i have some questions if anyone interested in helping.

1- When do cars like GT or old F1 types stall and why? Is there not a way to save your car after stalling if yes how?
2- Tried racing with old 1988 F1 cars and MP4/8. But i somehow always end up spinning in breaking zones or while downshifting. I tried making it too gentle on the breakes and soft but nothing actually changes. I'm not even sure if i lock up tyres sometimes, but car gets too grumpy always.
3- Which cars and Tracks would you reccomend to master for a newbie? ( I like open wheeled cars and LMP types of cars as well as cars like Clio with an H shifter)
4- I got rfactor 2 and subscribed to nearly all of the Studio 397's content, but what are the most essential ones to get other than those?
5- While trying to exprience different cars and tracks i saw that some of the content are really old. I mean graphicly of course but for some cars it also includes sounds. For example I got a Monza track content from the workshop but environment and the kerbs look like it is from early 2000's racing games. And also there was i think it was called "Clio Cup" content, comes with many liveries. It looks great, but even my ok computer starts having some issues runing the sim (like 30FPS). Most of those contents are community made, probably, is it?

I will probably remember and get more questions to ask, i might add in future, thanks for any help, cheers.

Hello everyone, i'm pretty new to rfactor2, not so exprienced in simracing in general too. Hew a year or two exprience on sims like Dirt Rally and Assetto corsa and F12018. I enjoy working hard to learn a new car and a track and getting used to it. But lack of knowledge is probably worse than lack of exprience. So here i have some questions if anyone interested in helping.

1- When do cars like GT or old F1 types stall and why? Is there not a way to save your car after stalling if yes how?
2- Tried racing with old 1988 F1 cars and MP4/8. But i somehow always end up spinning in breaking zones or while downshifting. I tried making it too gentle on the breakes and soft but nothing actually changes. I'm not even sure if i lock up tyres sometimes, but car gets too grumpy always.
3- Which cars and Tracks would you reccomend to master for a newbie? ( I like open wheeled cars and LMP types of cars as well as cars like Clio with an H shifter)
4- I got rfactor 2 and subscribed to nearly all of the Studio 397's content, but what are the most essential ones to get other than those?
5- While trying to exprience different cars and tracks i saw that some of the content are really old. I mean graphicly of course but for some cars it also includes sounds. For example I got a Monza track content from the workshop but environment and the kerbs look like it is from early 2000's racing games. And also there was i think it was called "Clio Cup" content, comes with many liveries. It looks great, but even my ok computer starts having some issues runing the sim (like 30FPS). Most of those contents are community made, probably, is it?

I will probably remember and get more questions to ask, i might add in future, thanks for any help, cheers.
1. They stall just like you can stall in your own car, not applying enough throttle or releasing the clutch to fast - you can map a button to restart the engine (most cars)
2. Not sure if that is a question
3. GT3 DLC and Endurance Pack DLC, these are the latest and best cars out there if you ask me
4. The above, and then all S397 content - ISI content is older
5. Like above some of the content ISI released is not updated for a few reasons.
A lot of 3pa content is not made from scratch and especially one group of people rip content from other games and do a poor job optimizing it to an already CPU hungry game - this is due to calculations about tyres etc in the background. While there is still a lot of 3pa groups putting out a lot of good content.

Thank you for the reply, i wanted to ask in the 2nd question that it is too hard for mee to drive such cars, really hard to control while accelerating aswell as in the corners and breaking zones. Don't know what i'm doing wrong and would like to see if there is a guide or something like that which can be helpful for newbies especially.

An 88 F1 was never a easy car to drive.
Try a higher dif coast setting to help on braking.
Are you using clutch? If you are using the shift padles use auto clutch, that will help.

I'm using logitech's H shifter with G29 pedals means with a clutch too. I would like to practice, but having not enough knowledge to practice makes practice inefficent, isn't it? (Since i can not learn on my own new things via practicing, but improve what i learned before)

I'm using logitech's H shifter with G29 pedals means with a clutch too. I would like to practice, but having not enough knowledge to practice makes practice inefficent, isn't it? (Since i can not learn on my own new things via practicing, but improve what i learned before)
But you can't learn how to drive from a book. ;)