What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Feedback on the new site

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hey. Just wanted to give my feedback on the site update. Hope you will see this as a constructive tool.

Overall I like the site a lot, looks really good.

1. It would be nice if threads containing unread posts where marked more clearly than they are now. (using bold is not enough to make an overview if you are not online every day)
  2. I would really like it if nationalities were added somewhere (the obvious being "entries"). This would create general value for the entire community and make everyone see how wide the sport is. It is more than just graphics. It creates atmosphere.
  3. Personally I would like that it got registered which teams have actually finished the races. I think this is important in an endurance league, specially considering that some teams have sponsors too. By finishing I mean driving until the end (not all teams will get points, but i think it would be a nice gestus to actually rate their effort). This could be done by adding a "-" instead of "0" for the teams that DNF (did not finish), thereby reserving the "0" to teams actually competing the whole race.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
1 will review. But

2 Already discussed that in the previous “feedback thread” and no it does not fit well.

3 Already said this was not going to happen. So no sense in asking again ;) we offer standings AND 2 different results pages, where on both result pages it states what have happened.

Morten Faarup

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
1 will review. But

2 Already discussed that in the previous “feedback thread” and no it does not fit well.

3 Already said this was not going to happen. So no sense in asking again ;) we offer standings AND 2 different results pages, where on both result pages it states what have happened.
2 - But it would still be an improvement and add value to the site. I already offered to make a tool for you to use for the update of the "entries". Lets MAKE it fit well?
3 - Ok then (n) :thumbsdown: (eventhough 2 places are offered, it needs to be clear on the frontpage where everyone finds it, and it matters) Furthermore when you can write "DQ" in the standings why then is "DNF" so upsetting for you? Dont you follow that it can be important for the teams to show that their practice actually paid off eventhough it didnt amount to points?

Last edited:

Peter Schulze

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
For #1, you can use the "new posts" button.
Before the Forum update we had a NEW stamp before each post which had new messages like we still have on the front page right now

It would be nice if we can get them in the sub forums again, like before, because the current way of bolding posts with new messages is much less visible than before.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
2 - But it would still be an improvement and add value to the site. I already offered to make a tool for you to use for the update of the "entries". Lets MAKE it fit well?
3 - Ok then (n) :thumbsdown: (eventhough 2 places are offered, it needs to be clear on the frontpage where everyone finds it, and it matters) Furthermore when you can write "DQ" in the standings why then is "DNF" so upsetting for you? Dont you follow that it can be important for the teams to show that their practice actually paid off eventhough it didnt amount to points?
3. Because DNF is longer than DQ which is the same as 25, 18 etc.

Why can’t you settle with what you have been given?
Adding points is already a big task / if you also want to have DNF, then what about DNF with points, DNF because of all kind of issues. It will not be changed any further. Sorry but it won’t.

Results will be changed come next next season.

2. It’s not just editing html, this is a plugin that uses xml etc and no I won’t give anyone else access to our database and web server ;) sorry but you need to live with the “boring look”

Before the Forum update we had a NEW stamp before each post which had new messages like we still have on the front page right now
View attachment 6078

It would be nice if we can get them in the sub forums again, like before, because the current way of bolding posts with new messages is much less visible than before.
View attachment 6079
That was mentioned and I will review