What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Driving in the Rain

Dan Svoboda

Reaction score
As Silverstone is the next SRCA race, and it seemingly never stops raining there, what advice can people offer for rain driving?

Here are the obvious things that occur to me:

rain tires
drive slower (duh)
brake earlier
short shift

Lowest tire pressures, more wings. A little bit more TC if possible. Brake bias more to the rear.

Lowest tire pressures, more wings. A little bit more TC if possible. Brake bias more to the rear.

Too much TC can produce a strange "locking" which causes you to spin or oversteer/slide a lot...so be careful with that. Especially when it stopped raining and it starts to dry this can get a serious problem. Most important is, don't overdrive the car, it will feel slow so don't get deluded by that. :)

I agree with Christian, the most important thing is to stay within the limit at all times. Especially once a dry line has been established and once you switched to dry tyres. Just drive slower and make 1000% sure that you stay on the dry stuff.

For the 370z there is something special: The wet tyres are really bad. So when it starts raining after 45min you are better off by not changing tyres. The dry tyres are not a lot slower than the wet tyres but not changing tyres saves a lot of time during the pit stop.
That's what I had planned for the wet race back when I did SRCA in the 370z although it never rained there.