What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Carstat 2 replacement

Michel Gulpen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My team used carstat 2 for previous season to read ideal averages on RPM and that kind of stuff, however the program seems to be really broken as I currently cannot read a damn thing on the new mod.

Any tips out there for a replacement? I do like the tool but it is very old and doesn't work.

You can get most of that data using DAMplugin for rF2 and Motec i2 pro

You can get most of that data using DAMplugin for rF2 and Motec i2 pro
Could you elaborate on how?

I've been looking to find out how to read out ideal brake temperatures, but all I found was to actually read out actual brake temperatures.

I've been looking to find out how to read out ideal brake temperatures, but all I found was to actually read out actual brake temperatures.

The ideal brake temp is simply where it doesnt lock up. ;)

All you need to do is do a few laps. If you got Crewchief on he will tell you when the brake is getting too hot and you will likely lock up once you get past the ideal range. Then you can correlate that with your temperatures with the trackmap plugin or motec after a run.

The ideal brake temp is simply where it doesnt lock up. ;)

All you need to do is do a few laps. If you got Crewchief on he will tell you when the brake is getting too hot and you will likely lock up once you get past the ideal range. Then you can correlate that with your temperatures with the trackmap plugin or motec after a run.
That AND the fact that optimal temps and revs etc also is regarding to lifetime (wear etc)

You can look at the heaviest logging data for engine and brake disc wear, power graphs and stuff. The best values of course depend on what you want from the car.
Some channels might require extra setup in motec to be useful or even readable, the plugin provides way too much data it feels like the car is a bunch of multi millionare test equipment racing.

Hi, guys!
My CarStat 2 does´t find the HDV files.
Does somebody know what the problme, please?