What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Can someone explain VLMS vs VEC?

Clayton M Brown

Reaction score
So I'm 100% new to Endurance Racing and honestly only watch F1 as of now. My general understanding is that the races are timed, and there are "races within a race". So LMP1's compete with each other, LMP2's compete with each other, and then if I'm not mistaken there's like 2 GT classes right? So a total of 4?

Anyway, I'm having trouble understanding how this translates in SRC. I would have thought VLMS = LMP1 & LMP2, and VEC is GT stuff ... but then I saw LMP stuff in the VEC section. uhhh ... I'm confused haha! So what are these series exactly and how do they relate to each other?

Thanks!

VEC is somehow the WEC, with just few adjustments on track we use and that there is no more division between GT-Pro and GT-AM. So LMP1, LMP2 and LMGT.
VLMS is the feeder league to VEC. It is tuned around the ELMS, if you'd like to think so. Only LMP2 and LMGT are in, no LMP1. Uses same tracks as VEC.
Also, VLMS has 4 hours races, while VEC gets from 6 to 12, with final 24 hours Le Mans.

Hello, a little simplified

VLMS is equal to or more or less than the ELMS (European Lemans Series), the races are 4 hours and two categories are competed simultaneously but not between them. LMP2 and GT.

VEC is equal to or more or less than the WEC (World Endurance Championship), the duration of the races are between 6 to 24 hours and in this case they compete 3 categories simultaneously, LMP1, LMP2 and GT

EDIT: UPS! I DONT SEE YOUR POST MANUEL