What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Build 770 problems

Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a problem after updating to the 770 build.
Udklip.PNG
Really a problem cause we have the race in two days.
Do any of you know how to fix it?
Help really appreaciated

I have fix for u frederik - save your car setup... Uninstall rfactor completely... not only uninstall in control panel.. u go to the folder in your program files and delete everything... the same u do in your documents/rfactor2 and delete everything... (renember to save your player folder - setup is there)...

Then install rfactor2 with build 770 and then VEC mod package .... then it all works.. takes time but it worked for me...

Cheers Jon

Jamen mange tak Jon! Det skal jeg nok prøve. Det er vildt hvor mange der egentlig har fået problemer med det nye build :)

Things have changed with a new build - funny thing is that most people that has issues have had them before, usually its due to not reading the readme or having things installed that is not supported by the updated game.
Also - please remember to keep it in english :)

I´ve updated 2 servers and my own 2 installs - no issues at all.

I clicked "auto update" and that was that - a friend of mine even auto updated from build 342 without a hitch. The "Minimalistic UI" is known to cause problems though, revert to standard UI.

It still doesnt work. Should i try uninstall rf2 and all the files and then restart my computer and then try to install again?

tja - det stinker lidt.. men jeg hurdled med det igår.. jeg havde heldigvis sommerferie så jeg havde tid =0) - er det Lørdag kl. 17 løbet starter?

I've tried deleting everything. Even all my mods. All the zip files, all the rFactor files. I've deleted every mod, and tried installing again, Nooope, doesnt work. Im getting a bit irritated by this now.

Hmmmm. Maybe someone can help us out here. I went to turn auto blip off in the PLR file but it now has an added extension of .bak and I can't open it now.
Also it added the same extension to the controllor.ini and the multiplayer.ini.

It looks like this- player.PLR.bak and added to all of these folders.

I'm sure I can find something to open it but am I now taking a chance?

Hmmmm. Maybe someone can help us out here. I went to turn auto blip off in the PLR file but it now has an added extension of .bak and I can't open it now.
Also it added the same extension to the controllor.ini and the multiplayer.ini.

It looks like this- player.PLR.bak and added to all of these folders.

I'm sure I can find something to open it but am I now taking a chance?

Turns out you just have to open it with notepad. Edit away!

Theres also files saved in %APPDATA% so this could also lead to issues. I havent tested as there was zero issues for me.

Yes! got it working. I had to install on another memory card (dont know the english term) Instead of the c: i installed in on D: and that worked. so im still ready for the race tomorrow! Yea! :)