What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Bandwith upload problem

No idea what thats about - WIFI issues when there the game is running, no explanation on what exactly he is doing in rF2. Downloading getmod, or simply just being idle. No explanation on if its MM or single player.

I use wifi on my phone cause i use DashmeterPro when i race. And i think a lot of us do that. I tested with another teammate also and the result was the same. Some of his android devices increase the upload when rfactor2 is running. With 2 of them conected he had almost 1 mbs of upload loss.

The game uses bandwith to be able to stay connected to the server, also the traffic from other cars etc takes bandwith. 1 mpbs is practically nothing..
It has to send data - however - i would imagine ISI would take action if anything is wrong though.

Maybe i wrote it wrong? 1Mb/s is more then my upload. What do you mean practically nothing? We don't have your conection Jimmi..........
This is mine.

As others don't seem to be able to replicate this issue, has anyone considered that the common factor maybe the router itself?

I'm still not fully sure what the problem here is. It's all very vague. At first I thought he was using his phone to connect to the internet and play rF2 and just explained it all a bit poorly. But that doesn't seem to be the case? It's just that when his phone is connected to his wifi AND rF2 is running that somehow his upload bandwith on his phone is suddenly sending data at the rate of 0.5 Mbs.

My guess is that ISI are working with NSA and the phone is transmitting personal naked pics to the cloud. </tinfoilhat>

I don't get the problem either.. A plugin/tool uses wifi and might eat alot of BW - what does that have to do with ISI, RF2, VEC, MOD ?

Yeah the description is very vague. When rF2 is in single player mode it doesn't send a single packet over the network so I really have no clue how it could impact someone's WiFi. But I guess the DashmeterPro plugin is installed so maybe that is what is eating some of the bandwidth. I was actually about to test this app on a cheap Android Tablet I picked up. When I do I will see if I see anything fishy going on.

Actually, thinking back I recall some users swearing that their WiFi was impacted when the Launcher was running. Maybe try this. Go into the launcher and then click the gear, then check the box that says "Auto Close Launcher" and then do your bandwidth tests again. Yesterday I monitored network traffic when the launcher is running and other then a little traffic when it first launches it is idle. So why others reported wifi problems when the launcher is running is a mystery to me.