What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Any news about an USA Academy?

Martijn Joon

Reaction score
Hi,

Some time ago there was some conversation going on about putting up a league which is more USA friendly.
As for me the alarm wakes me again at 04:00 am racing till 22:30 is most of the time getting a bit too late... Any news on this?

Thanks in advance,
Martijn

Hi Martijn.
In season 5 (the only SRCA Americas in last 6 months) only 15 S/N Americans signed up, 10 actually showed at the start of at least one race, the rest of the field were guys from the other parts of the planet. I am not sure, to be honest.

IMHO no chance in the near future
We tried SRCA America. Attendance was incredibly poor with only 2 or 3 people racing from America.
The other drivers were European

Also: where do you live?
If we were to do SRCA Americas it would probably be sunday night since that helps Americans. They have sunday afternoon then to join the race. If you live in Europe that wouldn't help you at all, would it?

well, personally being an American and getting my license 4 in S4, which ran on CEST times, a lot of the races were at or around 3 PM EST. Not sure if the times and scheduling have changed, but as a person on the east coast I could attend these races just fine. And if you are racing in a SRCA race until what is 10:30 your time, doesn't that make your timezone in Europe?

Yep I'm in Europe. In the Netherlands to be precisely... but the thing is: racing till 10:30 and waking up next morning at 04:00 is a bit harsh :( as I would love to join this league and have plenty of racing experience in iRacing I'm sure I would get through (not the fastest but certainly safe) only need some races to get my license :p

Try to get some afternoon nap and then go racing. I also wake up at 04:00 during the week when I work morning shifts. This is also the only week when I can actualy race in "prime time", as on other weeks I am at work at that time. I don't know if your situation lets you do it, but if you can, try and get some sleep (not more than 1 hour, as you will get into deeper sleep levels and will only wake up more tired) after you come home. You will gain energy for simracing and add an hour of sleeping into your 24h sleeping/wake time cycle. If you only do it once a week for racing on SRCA, you shouldn't get into much trouble. I usualy do 3-4 (sometimes even 5) club races during my "racing week" :D

Yep I'm in Europe. In the Netherlands to be precisely... but the thing is: racing till 10:30 and waking up next morning at 04:00 is a bit harsh :( as I would love to join this league and have plenty of racing experience in iRacing I'm sure I would get through (not the fastest but certainly safe) only need some races to get my license :p
A race at a time that fits Americans better would only make it later, say 01:00 CEST

Hi guys! I'm in Canada (Eastern part) and would definitely like to get a license, but the 3pm weekeday race times are just too early. Perhaps having races on Saturday would work for most people on both sides of the pond.

Hi guys! I'm in Canada (Eastern part) and would definitely like to get a license, but the 3pm weekeday race times are just too early. Perhaps having races on Saturday would work for most people on both sides of the pond.
We might run it on Saturday during the VEC off-season.

I am from Argentina, and I participated in the Americas SRCA. Unfortunately I did not do very well and I could not get the license. I would like another opportunity. I can not participate in the srca, here (GMT-3) is 15 pm and I am working until 19 pm.
The weekends I am free, but there is not a champ for license 5 those days.
I would like, sometime, to be part of the SRC events.

I am from Argentina, and I participated in the Americas SRCA. Unfortunately I did not do very well and I could not get the license. I would like another opportunity. I can not participate in the srca, here (GMT-3) is 15 pm and I am working until 19 pm.
The weekends I am free, but there is not a champ for license 5 those days.
I would like, sometime, to be part of the SRC events.
This ;)
We might run it on Saturday during the VEC off-season.