What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

any advice for not locking breaks for new drivers?

Reaction score
I can drive with low abs fine but with abs off i get the squeaking sound, smoke and eventually the car starts to bump. I break in the normal places and in a straight line and i find that breaking gradually means I have to break way earlier then you're meant to which can decrease your lap times buy around 5s meaning you can't even keep up with 80 % difficulty ai, so breaking slower is out of the question.

most people have the brake balance way too far forward. You want to have it as far back as possible but without spinning each turn.
If you lock all 4 wheels you will have to change your driving style.
Whenever you lock the brakes your rate of deceleration is worse so you have to brake as hard as possible without looking the tyres.
And the faster you are the harder you can brake without locking the tyres. So at first you brake hard and then you slowly decrease the amount of brake you apply until you reach the apex. When you turn in you have to be very careful because it's really easy to lock the inside.

only pressure option I can find is tire pressure but while i'm at it any advice I can get for the garage tab I have no idea what any of that stuff does so heres a list:

says how much fuel I get when I go in for a pit stop is there any way to change this mid race for example an accident happens and it damages my car I need to go into pit for repair but if I get all the fuel i'll have way to much slowing me down for a long time. Also with tires what if it starts raining and i've got dries set.

for gears what does + and - actually do other than change the graph because I can't feel any change while driving.

same for steering what does all of it mean.

Everything under engine e.g. radiator, rev limiter brake map.

Every thing under suspension have no idea what all the terms mean in it.

caster in chassis

pressure and camber for tires

everything for brakes.

If there is a guide somewhere I could get a link to it would be of great help same thing if you know what any of the listed setting do as i'm completely knew to sim racing.

and by break balance to far forward I thing you mean break bias please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks! for to everybody who puts time into answering these questions as i'm really enjoying sim racing and hope to join you guys racing in the higher leagues one day with your help.

i find camber (more to 0 that ure happy laptimewise but understand sometimes is a tradeoff to the actual cornering more "-" value is better but that has a limit aswell) front Anti roll bar (softer if u lock too much) brake pressure (how much u willing to not brake at full power to save ur tyres) brake ballance (depending on the bias or ur lock is recomedable to throw more braketo the oposite axle) sometimes if u lock rears is due to Gearing (shorter gears will brake ur rear tyres faster than the front ones when downshifting agresivelly specially during ur entry to the corner) along with the engine breaking (the higher the value u avoid that rear locking effect but u leave alot of braking off the table) helps alot also mostly knowing the car and understanding u cannot turn and brake unlimitedly... finidng the balance between both is the key... where the trully fast guys make their time is corner entry and midcorner (and that is if u dont enter sideways locking and not overspeeding)... having a wheel with decent forcefeedback and your virtual mirrors will queue u inn as much as it can be felt... so find that line and dont overstep it but finding that out is laps and laps and laps of practice. gl!

my results after testing with brake bias doing 3 trials for:
FR 65,35 lots more smoke slight increase in stability during breaking
FR 60,40 more smoke, slight increase in stability during breaking
FR 55,45 slightly more smoke, slight increase in stability during breaking
FR 50,50 smoke, general stability
FR 45,55 slightly less smoke, can spin if not careful
FR 40,60 slightly less smoke, spins if not extremely careful
FR 36,65 slightly less smoke, drift king no chance to grip line this during breaking

i think ur deal is more on how u do it more than the setup me think s ...good watch anyhow

well i'm now officially the most intimidated person ever I didn't understand half of what you just said and you worded it like it was the basics haha think i'm just gonna stick to vsing ai with driver aids seeing as i'm clearly not ready for this level of racing.

haha i see it could be intimidating, i just entered a nascar league and i find turning left a lot lot harder that it looks from the outside ;)

Furthermore, you have to look how much input your putting into your brake, just because full braking will slow your car down quicker than usual, it could come at a cost of eating the tires as the guys mentioned above.

In Sebring when I trying out the GT4 car I barely had brake locks, a slight lock on the hairpins, nothing that would offset the car.

Sometimes, going in a degrading brake input from an initial 100% to like 85% then 75%, could be very effective on car decceleration and even corner entering at the car will be stable, just needing to manage throttle for better corner exit and apex cornering too.