What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Annoying VR notifications IN game! How can I switch them off?

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Guys and gals,

I've been having underneath mentioned issue since the recent big Oculus Home update to version 1.31 showing me notifications in VR. I tried switching off all notifications in Oculus and Windows, but still get the notifications in game. As stated I've had the notifications popping up once every couple of minutes during my 3 stints run last Saturday. Does anybody have experience with this and does anybody have a solution for this? Someone in the Oculus forum states there is an option to turn off "in VR notifications", but I just can't find this option in the Beta release (v1.32).

Underneath is my post in the Oculus forum Oculus Discussion Forums.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LZoltowski said:
I just noticed that you can turn "in VR notifications off!" Woohoo, no more popups during games. Yay!​
Could you please tell me where I can switch those VR notifications off? Been having issues with notifications appearing in my VR while I'm in the middle of a game. That's just so annoying and I just can't get the notifications te disappear. Yesterday I had a notification of one of my sensors not working properly during 2 hours of racing in RFactor2 in a league race. Never had those notifications until the recent Oculus Home update, but can't seem to get rid of them. Some help would on this, would be very much appreciated!

Btw: I got all 4 notification options in the notification menu switched to off already and still I get the annoying in game notifications.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any help with this is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mo

Jose Alvarez

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Hi Mohammed!

How many screens do you have? I have two screens and what I did is move the windows bar to the bottom of secondary screen. I play rfactor 2 in windowed mode and VR settings are HDM+Mirror. My primary monitor is number 1 and notifications is showing at secondary monitor and that´s the way that notifications do not bother me when I'm driving with my VR

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Hi Mohammed!

How many screens do you have? I have two screens and what I did is move the windows bar to the bottom of secondary screen. I play rfactor 2 in windowed mode and VR settings are HDM+Mirror. My primary monitor is number 1 and notifications is showing at secondary monitor and that´s the way that notifications do not bother me when I'm driving with my VR
Jose, thank you very much for your reaction. I have a triple screen setup as my main screen. I use the same VT settings as you, so HDM+mirror. My primary monitor are the triple screens combined as I use NVidia Surround. The strange thing is I never had any issues with this, until release 1.31. Earlier I got the notifications on my Windows desktop, but they didn't bother me in game. Now something has changed enabling notifications to show in VR. I will go through my settings again and see if I didn't miss anything. I'll report back with my findings.

Mohammed el Gueriri

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jose Alvarez , how can you select notifications to be shown on your second monitor? I can't find an option to dedicate where notifications should be shown.

Jose Alvarez

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
@Jose Alvarez , how can you select notifications to be shown on your second monitor? I can't find an option to dedicate where notifications should be shown.
that happen when move the windows bar to the bottom of secondary monitor. Notifications are still showing but none of them interact with primary monitor and VR glasses so you will not see them in game.