What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

An idea about the SRCA sign ups.

Timotej Andonovski

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
First off, just wanted to say thanks to the SRCA team to sacrifice their free time in order to accommodate more drivers for season 20. Don't know how it was in the past, but I did not expect so many people to have interest. It created a whole mess.

So here is my suggestion, since so many people want to join and it's 90% lottery if the site loads or not (at least that was the case for me) and since all seats were taken in the first minute or so, is it possible for the reserves of the previous season to have their seats reserved for the next one if their show real interest and are active/available during the season that they are reserves.

This way, they will get rewarded for their commitment and eagerness throughout two seasons of an academy.

I believe that at the end of the day, it would be 20 drivers tops with seats reserved for the season, meaning 60 or more can sign up regularly.

This is just an idea, it's up to the SRCA guys to decide if it'd be something to think about and implement if they like it.

Thank you to share your idea, but from September to May it usually takes 10 - 30 minutes to fill one server with 40+10 drivers.
We have already checked this and many other options what to do about sign ups in two summer months, but there is nothing what could bring up equal chances to everyone, so we will stay with this sign up form also in the future.

Normally there will only be 50 drivers who sign up. The page was already upgraded for SRCA in the past to support more sign ups.
After Le Mans however it's always a lot more sign ups.

There is no reason why reserves should get a reserved spot in the sign ups. Moreover we will likely end up with 50% of those reserves not signing up in the end or not knowing why they have a reserved spot.
And why only reserves? The drivers who drive SRCA and fail at getting their license should then also get a reserved spot meaning that we only get 20 or so new drivers who sign up.
And it would probably be a mess to check who of reserves will want to compete again and who won't.

But as Matej said it's not an issue as usually the page holds and everyone has at least 10-30min to sign up. :)

The reason I put reserves as an option and not drivers of the previous season, because, in a way, the 40 (80 in this case) drivers already had their chance, it was up to them to deliver, whereas reserves equally want their chance, but for one reason or another (luck), they could not get it.

As for how you would regulate which of the reserves gets to have their seat reserved, if they are available every race, or at least 3 out of 4 and confirm to one of you a day/hour before the sign-ups that he/she wants to participate.

I elaborated on my idea. I really do think this way the lottery chances are somewhat lowered and the ones that really want the chance to try themselves out, they have higher chances of getting it.

This could be implemented for the summer seasons or something only. Scrap this if you think it's not worthy.

We will definitely leave everything as it is for now and will see what happens in future sign ups. If this remains a problem then there will be action needed.
But as of now we expect it to normalize for the next season or the season after.
The seasons right after Le Mans always have a high demand.

Thank you for sharing your idea though

The reason I put reserves as an option and not drivers of the previous season, because, in a way, the 40 (80 in this case) drivers already had their chance, it was up to them to deliver, whereas reserves equally want their chance, but for one reason or another (luck), they could not get it.

As for how you would regulate which of the reserves gets to have their seat reserved, if they are available every race, or at least 3 out of 4 and confirm to one of you a day/hour before the sign-ups that he/she wants to participate.

I elaborated on my idea. I really do think this way the lottery chances are somewhat lowered and the ones that really want the chance to try themselves out, they have higher chances of getting it.

This could be implemented for the summer seasons or something only. Scrap this if you think it's not worthy.
The current way is the most fair methode. Everyone has equal chances of getting in. Having the reserves get a priority seat for a next season will leave as many people off the list and will only postpone the problem to the next season.