What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

America's S5/r2 - Road Atlanta

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Race date: 26th of February
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Weather forecast: Live weather conditions from the racetrack

Race schedule:

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
20:25 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his channel) - and stay there
20:55 – 21:20 - Qualifying
21:20 – 21:25 - 5 min break/warmup
21:27 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:30 - Green flag announced on teamspeak

Server: The latest build
Event on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/rf2SRCA
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Road_Atlanta_track_map.svg

White line exception: on the exit of T5, you can go over the line over the last kerb

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
None.

Reported incidents:
283 - T. Nolte rejoined the track safely and stayed off the racing line until he got back up to speed. T.C. Christensen misjudged the situation and made contact with T. Nolte - Avoidable contact (Drive through) for T.C. Christensen

Other penalties
None.

Final penalty summary
T.C. Christensen - Drive through

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the next race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I'm away for work and won't get home till late Sunday night east coast US time, after the race is long over. Hate to miss this one as I love the flow of Road Atlanta. Best of luck to everyone. I look forward to watching the replay to see how it turns out and I'll definitely see you all at Sebring.
TK

When we say the track has live weather, does that mean something else other that what the weather is at the track at this moment

I'm asking because the server has been raining all day but the weather at the actual circuit is 62F and clear with no rain forecast.

Was hoping to get some dry running in. today

I may not be able to make it today. Just received a call that I may have to fill in for someone at work that called in sick.

Hi guys, really sorry but something came up last minute and I will not be able to join the race today. Best of luck to all.

Hi guys. Really sorry but, was not able to race round 1 and also today I won't be able to attend. My apologies and really sorry for the inconvenience. Best of luck to all you guys on track today. ;)

I want to apologize for the penalties this race since they were wrong again.

Matej and I were in race control for today's race and we are not in charge of the system that automatically hands out the penalties. We had no idea that they were wrong and we realized it too late to correct the mistake.
When we realized it we handed out the penalties which is why they came so late today.

@Sergey Yashin We saw that you did a drive through. Usually you have to wait until the game gives you a drive through before you do it. But we did not officially give you the penalty since you had served it before
Only if you are wondering why you did not get a message ingame that you received a penalty.

Again I'm sorry for the inconvenience

@Sergey Yashin We saw that you did a drive through. Usually you have to wait until the game gives you a drive through before you do it. But we did not officially give you the penalty since you had served it before
Only if you are wondering why you did not get a message ingame that you received a penalty.

Again I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Yes, I was wondering why I didn't receive the penalty, but from what I understood, i need to serve it within 10 minutes so I went to do it... So we're good right?

I had good race considering I had to make drive through, qualified 4th just behind Tero and finished 4th. I'm happy cause my race was clean and happy cause I finished 4th this time and not 10th :D
I hope I'll get that important license cause I'm not good in slow cars and I want to be able to race in some of top leagues out there.

Congrats podium, c u in next one!

Congrats to the podium. Fun to get back in the car with a good set of blokes. Had a nice qualifying but clubfooted turn 6, though not off track definitely not perfect so I stayed wide when entering turn 7. At Turn 7 exit I kept wide and straight but Tony and I made contact...both of us damaged and we fell to the back of the field. Pitted for repair and added a boat load of fuel then tried to chase back a position or two and get the crash out of my head.

Ran as quickly as I could and had fun trying to keep it clean and stay fast. Pit stops for 6th and 7th happened and I stretched my fuel a couple more laps to try to gain time. Tires weren't behaving too badly but with 15 or more laps to go I thought taking fronts was worth the time. I thought I had just enough time but game out behind 6th place by 3 seconds. Chased Miquel for about 5 laps but no place to really get past until he bobbled a bit with 5 minutes and managed to outbrake him going into 10A.

Fun stuff...looking forward to Sebring.

Last edited:
That was a fun race. Somehow, I qualified on pole. I was running low wing so I struggled a lot in sector 1. The rear end was very unstable through turn 1. Fernando got by me at the start and stretched the lead before he had to serve his penalty. He was in a league of his own in terms of speed. Congrats @Fernando Ferreira on the win!

Had a great fight with Tero, who was glued to my bumper for most of the race. We had a couple interesting moments, including slight contact after I came out of the pits. We touched side by side on corner entry which pushed both of us straight off. However, we both were able to continue on ok. Appreciate how clean you race @Tero Dahlberg. Look forward to more battles in the future.

Great job to all finishes! It was great racing with you all.

Damn, I was too loaded with downforce and my opponents was overtaking me so easily on the straights. In the next race I'll pay more attention on this :p. Despite that, I only focused in finishing the race, since I got no chances to fight with nobody. It was fun, sadly I received 2 stop'n'go for track limits and just finished in 11th.

Last edited: