What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
So 2018 is coming to a close, with Christmas and New Years crepping in, we are about to take a short break in racing.

SimRacing.Club Academy
Is about to change slighty, with sign up and dates coming in very early 2019.
I´d like to once again take this opportunity to thank @Matej Lakota @Florian Koetz @Jake Hall @Carlos Santos and @Enzo Fazzi for the work they have made pushing for the Academy series to be a base in SRC.
This cant be argued really, they have made a good job and SRCA is now the formal way into VLMS and VEC. While changes are coming during ´19 (in all series) everyone should just take a minute to congratulate these guys. Thank you for your dedication and huge workload.
Moving along it will (at the current state) be Nick and me doing the stuff whenever he is available. However if you are interested in doing some admin work on SRCA, feel free to contact staff.

Virtual Le Mans Series
Have had a bit of a rough start with a lot of C80s, penalties and a few track issues. This is unfortunately what happens when using 3PA tracks that is not 100% made for endurance, lessons learned in the VLMS staff but Bernd is doing a great job. Lets not forget about that even though some tracks are a bit ..well off

Virtual Endurance Championship
While there are changes coming, I mainly look back on a season that got of to a flying start with 140+ teams signing up, several real life drivers and even something cool coming into the series. Yes we´ve seen a very controversial tyre/driver swap issue - however that was resolved when some users explained it and the devs at S397 fixed this issue. Wether you like the outcome or not, i took a decision and obviously some always think its wrong, just like blue flag rules, avoidable contact ruling and so on. But thats how it is.
We are still reviewing practice sessions for chat and bad behavior - just a heads up, i have had it with bad behavior and i will boot anyone not worthy of a spot between other top drivers ;)
We still have teams entering this series and we are building up for a very interesting S12 in 2019, no i wont reveal anything now - but things are going in some very cool directions right now.

On that note, merry christmas and a happy new year.

Thanks Jimmi.

I think the real heroes of SRCA are @Jake Hall, @Matej Lakota and @Florian Koetz. I helped with SRCA for roughly a year, these three guys did the work nearly every week for over 2 years, it's incredible. Thanks guys!
2018 ended pretty good for me at SRC with the win in VLMS, so I'm already looking forward to 2019.

Merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

I'd like to thank all the SRCA staff for the trust and for welcoming me in their little team (in size) but enormous in everything else.
My stint was not very long and my contribution was rather small but I was in a privileged position to admire all the work put into SCRA behind the scenes. I'm not mention Enzo since I arrived after he left but I would like to address some words to the others:

Jimmi and Jake always on time and committed to do a top notch work, always swift dealing with anything thrown in our way to make our lives easier.

Due to my duties I worked closer with Matej and Florian and I can't praise enough their work ethic - which is second to none, their relentless will to keep the standards always at the highest level - the level that they set for themselves, and their commitment to deliver a stellar job week after week.
Long before I joined the staff I already had big respect for this guys because the work I saw and for the multiple instances I interact with them when my team had drivers running SRCA. Being side by side it was an honour and a pleasure and made me sure this are wonderful people.

To my first boss :love: I wish all the best in the new chapters of his life.

Flo is younger and I'm sure great things await him ;)

I salute you both!

Merry christmas to all SRC members and their families. Let's make 2019 an epic Simracing year!

Great job @Florian Koetz @Jake Hall @Matej Lakota for their work in SRCA. Thank you also for helping me understand issues and get to grips on the RD side of things last year when @Jimmi Allison placed trust in me to look after D3.
Looking forward to doing more next year with SRCA and making sure drivers are ready for VLMS and VEC.
Finally Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm spending New Year getting drunk in Amsterdam when not spinning tunes through the night, having a pint or 3 with @Roy de Muinck. If anyone else wants to join in your more than welcome :thumbsup: (y)

Virtual Le Mans Series
Have had a bit of a rough start with a lot of C80s, penalties and a few track issues. This is unfortunately what happens when using 3PA tracks that is not 100% made for endurance, lessons learned in the VLMS staff but Bernd is doing a great job. Lets not forget about that even though some tracks are a bit ..well off

Thanks Jimmi and ye you right, start of the VLMS season, or better said round 2, has been rough, but Istanbul and Mosport has shown it can be better. At this point i also wanna wish everyone here at SRC happy holidays and a good start into 2019. Thanks to @Neil Heatlie @Nick Newcombe for your effort and time you spend for the VLMS commentary, really appriciate it. Thanks to all VLMS stewards helping out with the IRR's and of course thanks to all teams and drivers, because without you we wouldn't have any race at all.

Thank you Jimmi, and on behalf of the whole Naja Racing Italia team, I wish the SRC staff a peaceful Christmas and a happy transition from 2018 to 2019. We hope that it will be full of races, but above all of successes!

Bye!

Last edited:
Just a few words to wish all staff a very happy new year. I hope to have enough time to join you on tracks in 2019.