What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

2017 - 12 hours of Bathurst

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
I am a little bit late posting this but oh well.

Myself and @Erhan Jajovski only had the week before the race to prepare ourselves, but we put our heads down and did as many practice laps as we could.

I didn't know what to expect from qualifying but once everyone had completed there first laps I knew that we were in the fight for pole. The session was very close with fastest laps being swapped every few minutes, right at the end of the session I managed to get a clean lap that was fast enough for pole.

I made a perfect getaway at the start opening the gap to the cars behind right away. @James Johnson managed to make his way up to second and was right behind me after we caught traffic. I was able to hold the lead until the first pitstop, to my surprise I came out behind the Witchwood car. Fortunately I was able to quickly close the gap and retake the lead.

The rest of our race went to plan and we extended the lead and kept out of trouble. @Erhan Jajovski drove fantastically setting our cars fastest lap and keeping the car in one piece . I would like to thank @Jimmy Broadbent,@Stephen Bailey and @Joshua Anderson for what was arguably the most enjoyable broadcast this season. 1.png 3.png 4.png 6.png 7.png 9.png 10.png 12.png 13.png 14.png Q.png R.png

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Jimmi Allison please please please can we have another Bathurst 12 hour event now that we are spoilt for choice with official GT3 cars.

What would you need from us to make it happen?

Cheers.

@Jimmi Allison please please please can we have another Bathurst 12 hour event now that we are spoilt for choice with official GT3 cars.

What would you need from us to make it happen?

Cheers.
I wouldnt mind setting it up, but if we are doing another 12 hour event, then you must understand i wont be able to sit here 12 hours.
1. The weekends i am available is already occupied by VEC
2. Some of the other weekends i am available is taken by VLMS
So it basically is in a week where my youngest son is here (7/7 arrangement) but obviously he is a gamer, so my guess is that i´ll be around more than away.

But we can do something in february with all the GT3 cars.

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I wouldnt mind setting it up, but if we are doing another 12 hour event, then you must understand i wont be able to sit here 12 hours.
1. The weekends i am available is already occupied by VEC
2. Some of the other weekends i am available is taken by VLMS
So it basically is in a week where my youngest son is here (7/7 arrangement) but obviously he is a gamer, so my guess is that i´ll be around more than away.

But we can do something in february with all the GT3 cars.
That would be awesome! I'm sure if it was spelled out at the start that there will be no race director/code 80s it would be all sweet. People will just need to have common sense and be cautious when there is a yellow flag. Is it possible for anyone else to control the cameras or can they only be done by you locally? Auto director would do if that was the case.

That would be awesome! I'm sure if it was spelled out at the start that there will be no race director/code 80s it would be all sweet. People will just need to have common sense and be cautious when there is a yellow flag. Is it possible for anyone else to control the cameras or can they only be done by you locally? Auto director would do if that was the case.
Yes if i set up the broadcast on D1 stream PC then there would be access to whoever would do the cams
If i set it up on D2 stream PC then it would be autocam (both can be changed to whatever we want).

So if the interest is there, then lets hear it - do you want a 2019 12 hour of Bathurst in mid-february?