What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

2016 - a new partnership

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Warning - wall of text:

2016 will see a few new things regarding endurance racing in rF2. VEC will be hosting 5 remaining races of Season 8. Including 24 hours of Daytona, 12 hours of Sebring and ofcause the season finale - the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Furthermore, and here is the BIG NEWS, VEC will "partner up" with Virtual Le Mans Series - a new series which will mirror the ELMS 2016 season - same tracks (if availible), same race weekends (we race on saturday and ELMS on sunday) and same race length (4 hours).

LMP2 and GTE cars from Enduracers will be used - and will obviously be free of charge.

Consider the VLMS series the same as ELMS is, a stepping stone into the bigger VEC (WEC) series. Safety ratings can be transfered over.

This series will have a max team count of 40, also in-game penalties are being tested as we speak, so if you hit someone - you will probably get a penalty. This will make stewards reviews better.

Currently i am looking for a co-admin - interested? contact Jimmi

There will be a cross promotion of these 2 series, but you will not be spammed with news. Expect a banner or a link - thats all.

This is also why you see a slighty updated forum design.

Let me just point this out.

VEC will stay with URD mod for the entire season 8.
VLMS is a different series and will be using Enduracers.

VEC could be going to Enduracers in Season 9 - still not decided, but i will make sure to get everyones opinion. But again - we wont be doing anything until the end of the season.
We have been happy with URD and how the cars drive, so i wouldnt expect any change - but you´d never know. We will go with the best mod (not just what looks, drives best).