SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Search results

1. Mitchell Smith

Would you like to see the numbers of cuts to go up to 5 per driver instead of 3?

I've never had a cut penalty, so... don't see a problem with three cuts. The only need for more would be if you're abusing the track, or extremely unlucky and gone off three times and had three incorrect cut penalties. To be fair, those are really annoying because there's more than a few...
  2. Mitchell Smith

SHQM HUD

Hey Don, Thanks for doing this. It's an awesome HUD. I was wondering, could you do version C without the delta best? Which I guess is just version A but no delta best under the mirror. Also, is there a way to change what rev the shift lights come on at? I'd like to move it back by 300 or so...
  3. Mitchell Smith

Race 2 - LimeRock Park

To be fair, SRCA has always had a zero tolerance policy for cutting pit entry/exit. It's extremely harsh, of course. But it's designed to make you aware and consciously think about it as part of your preparation for future races, because it's an integral part of being aware in a VEC setting and...
  4. Mitchell Smith

Public Radical server

If you haven't tried this yet, seriously. Try it. It's actually so much fun.
  5. Mitchell Smith

[SPOILER ALERT] 24h Le Mans 2017

Demotions, disqualifications, probations... Stupid driving is not welcome anywhere in the racing world, real or virtual.
  6. Mitchell Smith

R1 - Barber Motorsports Park

For the record, in the VEC we use limiter and in the test race on Tuesday evening we also used the limiter. However, if a gap to the car ahead opens up, you should turn the limiter off and slowly and safely close it, then turn the limiter back on. This is the best way to handle starting. That...
  7. Mitchell Smith

S4/R3 Interlagos - night

During the C80 you really don't want to be moving suddenly, especially in a multi-class race which this academy is preparing you for. You really don't want to braking suddenly as soon as the steward announces there will be a C80, but you don't want to leave it for the last second either. As long...
  8. Mitchell Smith

S4/R3 Interlagos - night

Thanks Daryl for streaming, I'm glad we have some way to watch the race. ;)
  9. Mitchell Smith

S4/R1 Autodromo di Mores

Don't be afraid to ask questions either, this is an academy series and it should be all about learning. I learned more in three weeks than I've probably learned in most other series I've participated in. I completely changed my driving style because of this series. People are only too happy to...
  10. Mitchell Smith

S4/R1 Autodromo di Mores

If I recall what Matej said, sign ups in SRCA will reopen as drivers who have been picked up will be removed. The entry list isn't final yet, so you still have time. Just keep an eye on the sign up thread. :)
  11. Mitchell Smith

S3/R3 Suzuka Circuit - Night race

As a note, in the first race I was using 200 'wheel range' and I wore the tyres quite quickly. By round three, I was using 612 which is natural for these cars and I had extremely good tyre wear, so it also depends a lot on your equipment settings, not just car settings.
  12. Mitchell Smith

S4/R1 Autodromo di Mores

This track is shorter than Palm Beach, wow. It's only 1600 meters.
  13. Mitchell Smith

As I said I was going to double stint and had 80% tyre wear after an hour of driving. I took tyres by accident. But yeah I feel like pretty much every race you should be able to double stint. Most fast guys did I imagine except Bergie.
  14. Mitchell Smith

Also, apologies to Gazulla. When you went off and rejoined you went straight to the racing line, so I went to the inside for some space and I put a wheel on the grass and the car just slid, nothing I could do but redress it.
  15. Mitchell Smith

Half of this race was boring and half was annoying. I did okay in qually, think I was 12th. In race, was quite easy to lap for a long time, then someone made a mistake in front of me and I gained a position. I had clean air for once, so I could drive away from the pack behind me and I caught...
  16. Mitchell Smith

Regardless how this race turns out, a big thank you for organising, stewarding and in general running this academy so professionally. The overall quality of racing in the two academy races thus far has been extremely high, and I think that reflects the level of organisation here. Excited to get...
  17. Mitchell Smith

Part of the fun I think, Si. Different sources say different things but they all say the same general forecast: it'll be cold, a bit windy, and dry.
  18. Mitchell Smith

S3/R2 Croft Circuit

Some drivers did ask for a test -- it was refused. Anyway, it didn't bother me any. It just seemed strange to have one then not to have one. Oh well. :D
  19. Mitchell Smith

S3/R2 Croft Circuit

It wasn't tested in the first place though, so we couldn't say if it worked for the other 20 people or not. That's all I'm saying. :D That simple "testing, testing" message we had in the first round before qually would have worked wonders, I'm sure.
  20. Mitchell Smith

G'day! So, I'm getting some flickering in some corners. There's no FPS lag, just strange lighting effects. Are there optimum graphical settings I can copy for rFactor, or someone who does not have this that I can copy? I can drive with it no worries, but of course I would prefer it to be...