What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S12 - Race 3 - Indianapolis Night

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 21:00 - 22:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

In case some people still havn't realized:
code 80 means you have to drive 80 km/h. When the race director says: "no overtaking, code 80 in 10 seconds" then it means NO OVERTAKING!

And when the countdown begins with 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 then you have to be at 80 when the race director starts saying "code 80 enforced". The speed restriction does not begin when the race director has finished saying "code 80 enforced" but when he starts.
As the rules say: "14.4 At the end of the ten seconds, the race director will announce “CODE 80 – ENFORCED.” Cars should have already decelerated to pit limiter speed and have the pit limiter engaged."
It says "have already slowed down" and not "if you feel like following the rules you may find fullfillment in driving 80"
It's not that hard to do...

This is not an excuse but an explanation. I'm sure that you know that sometimes you can get the 80 code announcement when you are full speed on a straight. I got two of the three 80 code announcement when I was at full speed on a straight; the first one I "flat spotted" both the front tyres for slowing down but I was lucky to be at the right speed. The second time again on a straight at full speed, I did maybe less braking and I was 82Km/h at the “CODE 80 – ENFORCED.” In both cases I had already activated the speed limiter before the ending of the countdown.
I don't know how admins check the sync between the speaker say “CODE 80 – ENFORCED.” and the replay but the problem is that the speaker is not a robot and sometims it's slightly faster and sometime is slightly slower.
Because of this, if I may, I suggest for the next season of SRCA to have some tolerance range, like police speed camera have, when you have to apply penalities.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not arguing for the penalty I got in the last race.

FYI - results and replay won't be uploaded until Thursday - I'm away for Wednesday - so not sure if I'm able to do any work there.

This is not an excuse but an explanation. I'm sure that you know that sometimes you can get the 80 code announcement when you are full speed on a straight. I got two of the three 80 code announcement when I was at full speed on a straight; the first one I "flat spotted" both the front tyres for slowing down but I was lucky to be at the right speed. The second time again on a straight at full speed, I did maybe less braking and I was 82Km/h at the “CODE 80 – ENFORCED.” In both cases I had already activated the speed limiter before the ending of the countdown.
I don't know how admins check the sync between the speaker say “CODE 80 – ENFORCED.” and the replay but the problem is that the speaker is not a robot and sometims it's slightly faster and sometime is slightly slower.
Because of this, if I may, I suggest for the next season of SRCA to have some tolerance range, like police speed camera have, when you have to apply penalities.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not arguing for the penalty I got in the last race.
You have 10 seconds to slow down to 80. This should already make up for the fact that the race director talks faster/slower. 10 seconds is also more than enough to brake from top speed to 80km/h without having to lock up the brakes.

There was a tolerance of 1 sec until 19 people were speeding during the code 80 in the first race. I don't like to be trolled so after seeing 10+ people speeding in the first code 80 of the second race I decide to give everyone 0.2sec tolerance.

It's true that you don't always get 10 seconds from the initial call. It's about 8 seconds I'd say when I do it but you get 5 seconds during the final countdown. And you always get 5 full seconds because while I count down there is a timer running. And 5 seconds is ALWAYS enough to slow down.

There was a tolerance of 1 sec until 19 people were speeding during the code 80 in the first race. I don't like to be trolled so after seeing 10+ people speeding in the first code 80 of the second race I decide to give everyone 0.2sec tolerance.
So i missed the 3rd Code 80 by 0.1 litteraly. I feel even more bad after that :'(

Guys, tomorrow first race marshal (and the only one, that s me) will be with you around 20:20 CET, so just before qualy, because I have to stay late at work.

a question: have i achieved the srca license with the previous two rounds? maybe tomorrow iìll come back home too late, i 'll have a rendez vous at work.thank you

a question: have i achieved the srca license with the previous two rounds? maybe tomorrow iìll come back home too late, i 'll have a rendez vous at work.thank you
As said a few times already, there will be no information about licenses until the announcement.

Apparently, steering wheel decided to die at the last moments of the race...
As I said in Estoril, If I have done something bad to any of the drivers, my apologies. There wasn't any confidence with the brakes today.
Lets see if I can get a new wheel soon... :(

PD: Congrats to Jakub, great season mate! :thumbsup: (y)

There was no drive-through penalty assigned by the admin / game for me.
I waited until lap 10, because of no penalty given I made a drive-through at lap 11 on my own. Hope that was OK.

Sadly made two small mistakes during the race, made me miss the podium. Nice driving this time with all competitors!

I got penalized during and after the first lap of this race and that is correct since you stated that I carried a penalty from the Sebring round. But there I thought I already served a penalty since I was demoted from 17th to 23rd place just after finish line.

But ok, I served an drive through after the first lap and directly after that I got two more drive throughs and two 60s stop and hold in the first 2-4 laps!?
One drive through and one 60s stop and hold I can agree with since it was from Sebring but the others? :(

I did not jump start (released pit speed limiter just in sync with the spoken word "green", no reckless driving in orange zone or later and behaved in pit entry, pit exit and pit speed. The only thing I can think of is the little opening from the inner pit that I crossed that left line at least twice out to the outer pit and then comes pit exit. Bu then again others also did that with no penalties later on in the race. If the latter is the case the ruling was inconsistent.

Other than that the race was ok. Lot's of good and fun racing and I had good pace but was two-three laps down which was not so funny. Tried to unlap myself the best I could all through out the race with the spotter yelling blue flag in my ear constantly. :)

This time all penalties from race 1 and race 2 were set "into" the server, so I didn t give live penalties. Every another penalty you get was earned during last night s race.