What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Race 2 - LimeRock Park

I had a bad race. @Kevin Cox hit me in T1 and I fell. But then I made a big mistake for which I apologize very much @Mohammed el Gueriri at the beginning of the second C80. After the correction and the punishment I had, I had no incidents anymore, and I traveled in time and gradually climbed up. Finally, I had a fight on distance with @Jorge Paton Cervigon , but a few laps were missing.
Please excuse my English.

@Roman Prikryl, what mistake are you referring to? My first two crashes were caused by lag spikes which caused other cars to spawn into mine. I saw it happen a couple of times during the race with other cars in the exact same section of the track. As I drive with the Rift, I can't enable car labels so I can't see the names of drivers in front and behind me.

EDIT: Btw from my recording I can definitely see that my first incident where the car behind me spawned into my car was at exactly the same moment that someone left the race. Same goes for my second incident: car leaves the race and boom, the car close to me spawns into my car.

Last edited:
You wouldn't have to look at the replay, I could have told you right away :D
That's sadly the problem with cars that have upgrades. You get rejoin or leave lagg spikes for 1 sec or so.

That's why we will be switching to the Nissan 370Z after this season.
This race was worse than usually though, probably because the track is so short which means more cars that end up in the same place at the same time.

@Mohammed el Gueriri , It was probably in the fifth or sixth round. You stood turned in the opposite direction below the hill between the first and second intervals. I made a stupid mistake when reporting the C80.Again, I apologize, I usually have races without incidents.

You wouldn't have to look at the replay, I could have told you right away :D
That's sadly the problem with cars that have upgrades. You get rejoin or leave lagg spikes for 1 sec or so.

That's why we will be switching to the Nissan 370Z after this season.
This race was worse than usually though, probably because the track is so short which means more cars that end up in the same place at the same time.

@Florian Koetz, no problem. I have the habit of watching my replay after a race to see where I can learn from situations. I have one question you may be able to answer: I had 2 drive throughs in the race: the first one was because of ignoring one or more flags in the first race at Montreal. The second one I don't know what the reason for was. Do you perhaps know?

Last edited:
@Mohammed el Gueriri , It was probably in the fifth or sixth round. You stood turned in the opposite direction below the hill between the first and second intervals. I made a stupid mistake when reporting the C80.Again, I apologize, I usually have races without incidents.

@Roman Prikryl, ok, I understand. But you didn't hit me from the front. That was my mate @Simon David Scott. A couple of cars could avoid me just (and maybe shunted my car), but @Simon David Scott smooched me full front :D. He also had lag issues and that's what caused him to hit my car full on front.

Guys I didnt had internet connection until todays morning :((( Sorry for not signing out :(

@Mohammed el Gueriri Yes of course I know
The first one was indeed for Montreal but every other penalty in this race in division 1 was due to speeding under c80. That includes yours
It wasn't much but just at the beginning

Thanx @Florian Koetz for the explanation. Next race I'll pay extra attention to not speeding under c80.

Hey @Florian Koetz , just had a quick question about c80's that arose after the first race, if someone doesn't understand the code 80 and slows down when you say "Code 80 in 10 secs" do you have to bunch up right behind them and lose huge chunks of time due to their misunderstanding or should you pass them in that situation? And also if the pit road happens to be a shorter route than the track itself (ie. Silverstone) is there a rule that says you can't go down the pitlane to gain an advantage or even overtake during a code 80? Obviously, i'd never do this in a race but I had a "what if" moment while taking a drive through at Montreal :D. Thanks

Florian always starts with words: "No overtaking, 10 seconds until code 80." It is clear that you can not pass anyone in front of you after he announces C80, so "no overtaking" means no overtaking also trough the pit lane.

Also after "green flag" Florian immediately checks who gained time against other drivers during C80 and we count it as speed violation, so you will get drive trough penalty in next five minutes if you will drive over any shortcuts.

Hey @Florian Koetz , just had a quick question about c80's that arose after the first race, if someone doesn't understand the code 80 and slows down when you say "Code 80 in 10 secs" do you have to bunch up right behind them and lose huge chunks of time due to their misunderstanding or should you pass them in that situation? And also if the pit road happens to be a shorter route than the track itself (ie. Silverstone) is there a rule that says you can't go down the pitlane to gain an advantage or even overtake during a code 80? Obviously, i'd never do this in a race but I had a "what if" moment while taking a drive through at Montreal :D. Thanks

Those are good points and I'll think about them. Our set of rules is still very young so they are slowly improving with each race. At the moment the rules say "no overtaking is permitted regardless of the speed of the cars around". It isn't the best solution, I know but it's the simplest because we can't check everything during the race. The only other option would be to allow overtaking if a car is really slow but then no one knows at which point a car is deemed slow enough.

And I thank you very much for bringing up your second point. Because indeed at the moment there is no rule against that but we will consider that.
Using the pit lane for an advantage is not what we want to see because I feel like it's an abuse and that should have no place in the academy where it's only about gaining license 4.

Last edited:
Those are good points and I'll think about them. Our set of rules is still very young so they are slowly improving with each race. At the moment the rules say "no overtaking is permitted regardless of the speed of the cars around". It isn't the best solution, I know but it's the simplest because we can't check everything during the race. The only other option would be to allow overtaking if a car is really slow but then no one knows at which point a car is deemed slow enough.

And I thank you very much for bringing up your second point. Because indeed at the moment there is no rule against that but we will consider that.
Using the pit lane for an advantage is not what we want to see because I feel like it's an abuse and that should have no place in the academy where it's only about gaining license 4.
The same problem goes for formation lap - how slow must be the car until you can overtake it?
In my case and from my perspective it looked like the car went unnecessarily slow and also moved to the right track edge, which indicated to me, this driver wants to let me pass. I couldn't see that there was a pileup in front and tbh it was very small and imo he slowed down way to much, at 1 point having more than 3 car lenght distance.

Also a problem in formation lap is, that the rules state that you can't go faster than the speedlimiter, but you said over whisper in R1 that catching up is allowed (going speedlimiter off) but in R2 you didn't. Wouldn't it be better to state that in the rules?

Another thing is, you say that SRCA is for driving standards there - so why don't you make forced setup (except for tires)?

The same problem goes for formation lap - how slow must be the car until you can overtake it?
In my case and from my perspective it looked like the car went unnecessarily slow and also moved to the right track edge, which indicated to me, this driver wants to let me pass. I couldn't see that there was a pileup in front and tbh it was very small and imo he slowed down way to much, at 1 point having more than 3 car lenght distance.

Also a problem in formation lap is, that the rules state that you can't go faster than the speedlimiter, but you said over whisper in R1 that catching up is allowed (going speedlimiter off) but in R2 you didn't. Wouldn't it be better to state that in the rules?

Another thing is, you say that SRCA is for driving standards there - so why don't you make forced setup (except for tires)?
These quotes from the rules should answer the first two:
new version: "3.2.8 Drivers who drop out of place during the formation lap by spinning, stopping or almost stopping for no apparent reason have to safely blend in with the field or wait for it to go pass. They are not allowed to retake their starting position. In case of the concertina effect and/or the whole field slowing down for safety reasons the positions prior to the incident may be retaken."
3.2.4 The Formation lap has to be driven with the pit limiter enabled unless told otherwise by race stewards. Drivers are not allowed to stop or dramatically slow down during the formation lap for no apparent reason. The pit limiter may be deactivated for a brief moment to close the gap to the car in front.
As for fixed setup... Well a series can have other purposes than just a single one. SRCA mainly focuses on making sure people can keep control of their car and know the racing line, and also get them familiar with SR.C ruleset. Imo that's two main purposes but I guess you can call them together as "driving standards". But all series's at SR.C have been open setup afaik so it makes sense to have SRCA be open too as you'll more than likely have to dabble with setups if you plan on racing here. Maybe not so much in VEC and VLMS when you're part of a team and someone else might be better and more willing to do that, but it's still very useful.

But I get the feeling you want fixed setup because you think the setup is holding you back :D

Thank you @Florian Koetz and @Matej Lakota. I know there has always been a grey area in F1 as far as when a car can be overtaken during yellow flags, so I don't envy you creating the rules to cover all these strange scenarios. Also coming off what @Tero Dahlberg said in the previous post, it might be worth getting one of the more experienced racers to create a baseline setup for each race, I find the default ISI Camaro setup to be particularly bad and it may help to improve the consistency, control, and confidence of some of the guys towards the back of the field.

But I get the feeling you want fixed setup because you think the setup is holding you back :D
You know me too well :p
I think people would focus more on the driving part, but this is admins design decision and I can accept that. It makes also more sense as you must be able to do setups for VEC/VLMS ...

On the other things, it wasn't clear before so I overtook someone who slowed down like 25kph and moved off the racing line ... at least its now fixed ...

I just wanted to note that during the pre-race briefing it was said that in pit entry you can cut through the lines. So maybe it was either badly explained or a massive amount of people misunderstood it, because I see many people getting penalties for that. I had prepared to pit from the first possible place but after the briefing I changed the line and got 60s for it. In the future, could the admins please provide clear pictures of the pit entry/exit lines so there won't be any more of these miscommunications.

Also regarding the penalty, is it possible to take this penalty immediately in the start of the race instead of waiting it to be assigned? And could you explain who is in charge of the time I have to hold?

Also regarding the penalty, is it possible to take this penalty immediately in the start of the race instead of waiting it to be assigned? And could you explain who is in charge of the time I have to hold?
No requests to serve penalties wont be taken, sorry
The game will get told you have a penalty and will show you how - try to speed out of the pits and see it assigns a penalty (do so offline, not on our server). When you have done that - go around for a lap and try to serve it. Easy way to test :)

I dont think anyone have ever said that you are ok to cross across the pitline blend line, this is very explicit explained in the rules.

No requests to serve penalties wont be taken, sorry
The game will get told you have a penalty and will show you how - try to speed out of the pits and see it assigns a penalty (do so offline, not on our server). When you have done that - go around for a lap and try to serve it. Easy way to test :)

I dont think anyone have ever said that you are ok to cross across the pitline blend line, this is very explicit explained in the rules.

Ok, I was only asking because I wasn't 100% sure about the penalty procedure. So I just wait to see that it's been assigned and then take it.

So blend line means the unified line after the broken up line (like at Lime Rock)?